Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Periodic Contributor

Max points a day for members

Have you changed the maximum points aloud for members?  I maxed out at 5000 today.  I just wondered if the rules changed or if I'm not registering as a member.  My membership is not up until October 2020.  

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@AARPJanelleM 

Thanks for rewarding me the points yesterday 🙂

I seem to be able to earn my expect points for today (Friday).

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@andrewtoo Fantastic. You are most welcome!  

Social Butterfly

@AARPJanelleM @AARPTeri 

I am getting the message below and it will not let me earn any more points.

This is strange because I have only earned 7,440 points.  Did something change?

I should be able to earn another 450 pt quiz.

"Maxed out like a pro

You've reached the daily point limit of 7,500. Well done, you overachiever."

Thanks!

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@andrewtoo I was able to credit those missing points for you. Let me know if you continue to have this issue!

Social Butterfly

@rednexsrus @mi4090 

I posted this some time ago (2/16/2022) so I hope it is still valid:

"I'm sure this has been posted elsewhere, however, I don't recall posting my method of maximizing points earned each day of the week (members only):

I recommend that the points be earned in the order shown

Every day 

Daily AARP.org visit =    15

23 videos x 300 pts  = 6,900

1 Tool/calculator

or (75pt) quiz x 75  =    75

2 (450pt) quiz x 450 =   900

Total                = 7,890

Tuesday & Friday

1 Tool/calculator

Total                = 7,890

AARP Rewards

Newsletter Promo code=   100

Total                = 7,990

Saturday

1 Tool/calculator

Total                = 7,890

AARP Rewards

Webletter Promo code=     50

Total                = 7,940

Note: This is the method I use and may not be the best method, it is just the best I can think of on a weekly basis. I do not have the AARP Now app and do not plan to install it, so, I don't consider the 15 pts earned from an app visit. I only use videos, quizzes, tools/calculators, promo codes and the automatic daily visit pts.  Maybe this will be helpful to somebody."

AndrewToo
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @DebB271523 

Deb, the guidelines were posted in the Community before it was split into (4) forums.  The rules stated the max daily for members is 7,950 points, which is impossible to get.  But you can get 7,890 points daily.

If someone knows how to get the max let me know PLEASE.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Silver Conversationalist

Hi Marylin

Max points 7950. you can get 7890 ??  thats only 60 points off max. There are way too many variables in points earnings. Quiz's, Video's. FitBit, Tools & calculators, promo codes to name a few.

Admin designed it that way so you cannot track how they calculate your points totals. You then throw in the constant errors and difficulties we run into every day only compounds the problem. This is an example of one error they use constantly. Smoke and Mirrors  

NO POINTS.jpg

There is no way to keep a correct total of your points with monkeyshines like this. Forget about a running total points badge, that is something they don't want you to track.

Like I said in an earlier post, you can get the 7950 points SOMETIMES, but it ain't easy.

Linus.GIF

Just Saying   

lucyp061351
Silver Conversationalist

@mi4090 @Hi Marylin This is their rules

2. Earning Limits for Rewards Points: There is a limit to the number of Rewards Points that each Participant can earn each Calendar Day. Members can earn at least 7,500 Rewards Points and Non-Members can earn at least 5,000 Rewards Points each Calendar Day. Once Participants have earned 7,450 Rewards Points (for Members) or 4,950 Rewards Points (for Non-Members), they are able to select and earn points for one (1) additional Activity that offers no more than 500 Rewards Points. Members can earn a maximum of 7,950 Rewards Points and Non-Members can earn a maximum of 5,450 Rewards Points each Calendar Day.

This is what I go by and it works most of the time if admin doesn’t interfere  with SORRY NO POINTS THIS TIME or the WE ARE HAVING DIFFICULTIES AT THIS TIME

1. 26 videos @300pts plus ( 2 ) 75pt quizes or calculations

2. 17 quizes @ 450 pts plus (1) 300 pt video

3. 16 videos @ 300 pts plus (7) quizes @ 450 pts

All of these meets that 7450 pts level and the last activity on each one is less than 500 pts

Like I said it has been working for me most of the time.

lucyp061351
Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone 🤗. Hope everyone is doing well and in good spirits. I have a suggestion for the Kids that are running the improvements to the Rewards program. How about putting a little box at the top of the Earn page showing the total points for the day so we don't have to be told after we've done a quiz or watched a video. Just a little point I want to mention, someone in the IT department has put a block on accessing the AdBlock Browsers. 🤔 There are a few of them. As soon as they block one I get another one. I'm just trying to keep them on their toes and gain some knowledge. I'm just saying 

Concerned Member
Regular Contributor

I agree. That's a great idea to give us a running total. I can't understand why they don't share how many points we're earning so we know how much further we have to go. I can't count on knowing I've reached the goal by waiting for points not to count because that happens in the middle of my videos anyway. Then it's a game of keep refreshing the page to see if I've maxed out.

Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone 🤗. I'd like to ask a question that's been asked before but I forgot. Can you please tell me what is the maximum reward points a member can get daily ? I thought I saw somewhere it was 7,950. I thought it was 7,500. I reached 7,665 and was told I max out for the day. I'm just asking 

Concerned Member
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I have hit 7,950 points a few times, including just this Friday. It's tricky, though, and I have no way of knowing when I'm going to get there. Almost always, I hit somewhere between the 7,500 and 7,950 when it gives me the message about reaching my limit.

The only thing that seems to be key, though, is to have at least one exercise that awards 450 points. Other than that, I haven't noticed anything that can help me achieve the maximum points on any given day. I can't even tell you how I did it on Friday.

Because the black banner is still just the black banner and the red numbers, if they show at all, cannot be trusted, I am not certain my numbers are accurate. With that in mind, I submit that these are my daily tokens earned so far this decade, as nearly as I have been able to decipher:

Wed, 1-1: 7,750; Thu, 1-2: 7,800; Fri, 1-3: 7,950; Sat 1-4: 7,800; Sun 1-5: 7,650

Enjoy!

Trusted Social Butterfly

@Brightpool 

Lynn, you must change what you do daily for your max points to change each day?  

I get same amount everyday.  Could someone let us know the formula for reaching 7,950 points daily?  ThanksSmiley Happy

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Periodic Contributor

Thank you for you response.  I thought it maxed out at 5000 yesterday but it was my mistake.  I guess I have an itchy trigger finger about posting.  I appreciate you taking the time to reply.  I'm off to go work on my basic math skills.  Haha

Retired Moderator

.@DebB271523 Your email is registered under your AARP membership and the total points awarded today were 7500, the maximum for a member.

Periodic Contributor

Okay, thank you very much!  I didn't count as I went along.  I waited for the page that tells you you maxed out.  It said you have reached your limit of 5000 points so I just assumed...  Sorry and thank you for your quick response.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @DebB271523 

I never see that message of Maxed Out 5,000 points.  You are welcome.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@mi4090 @DebB271523 

I have seen that 5000 point message once before. It's been a while. It was like the system lost the fact that I was logged in briefly.

I wonder if the error I recently mentioned "Sorry, no points this time" was triggered by a similar brain fart of the web code scripting.

Cheers,

Ray

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@ralmon 

Ray, I've never seen it.  For about (4) days after program started I was earning over 8,000 pts a day.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP