AARP and the photographers of Magnum Photos look at older people living in new ways around the world in A New Age.

Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Password Manager?

Message 11 of 71

1Password

I like the ability to change a password on my iMac and, within minutes, my iPhone and my MacBook know the new password.

~~~
Start every day with a smile and get it over with.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 71

I have used LastPass for several years and love it! User friendly. Although I use the free program, the few times I've needed to contact Customer Service, they have answered promptly. Paying customers receive expedited responses. LastPass also offers the free option of adding someone who can access your account in case something happens and you aren't able to access it yourself, due to illness for example.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 71

No password manager. We keep a document updated on all userid/password/challenge questions. As others have stated, password manager is just as vulnerable to hacking as anything else.

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 71

I'll manage my own passwords , thank you. Written down where only I ( and hubby) can see them.

Nothing is safe online !

Sandee2
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 71

I starting using ewallet several years ago, and it was fine but I have been having technical issues with it and I can't reach anyone to help me. It makes me nervous to think that these password managers are created by unknows and then the company or individuals disappear and you are STUCK and unable to get service if there is a problem.  I also wonder if the people or companies creating these managers have access to your passwords?

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 71

@lucky1338, If I had not already been satisfied with Dashlane, Kim Komando's recommendation alone would have been enough to opt for Kaspersky. For those of you who are still on the fence about a password manager, you can't go wrong with Lucky1338's choice. Otherwise, here are Reviews for the Six Top Password Managers. Take your time and choose wisely.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 71

I use Kasperski.  Recommended by Kim Komando.

BB

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 71

I have used Dashlane for several years. I like it as it supports not only my PC but mobile devices. I use Roboform for access to local applications (eg., Quicken). I was pleased with, and would have stayed with Roboform if it had supported mobile apps sooner. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 71

For many years I've been using Password Safe.  As a locally-installed stand-alone application/database, it lacks some of the sophistication of cloud-based services, but I have the assurance that I have full control of both program and its vault of passwords.  Versions are available for PC, Mac, iPhone, Android, and others.  The database CAN be kept in the cloud to simplify sharing it between devices, but I always have a local copy so that I can access the passwords even when I can't access the Internet.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 71

I am currently using the LastPass manager. I have tried others, but I like this one best because:

* It’s easy to create and retrieve passwords

* It has fingerprint recognition for my mobile devices

* It can create complex passwords that you set the parameters for

* It is reasonably priced( or free at the basic level)

* It can auto fill 

* You can also use it to store notes for other than passwords 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors