From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Password Manager?

Message 21 of 74

I have used Dashlane for several years. I like it as it supports not only my PC but mobile devices. I use Roboform for access to local applications (eg., Quicken). I was pleased with, and would have stayed with Roboform if it had supported mobile apps sooner. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 74

For many years I've been using Password Safe.  As a locally-installed stand-alone application/database, it lacks some of the sophistication of cloud-based services, but I have the assurance that I have full control of both program and its vault of passwords.  Versions are available for PC, Mac, iPhone, Android, and others.  The database CAN be kept in the cloud to simplify sharing it between devices, but I always have a local copy so that I can access the passwords even when I can't access the Internet.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 74

I am currently using the LastPass manager. I have tried others, but I like this one best because:

* It’s easy to create and retrieve passwords

* It has fingerprint recognition for my mobile devices

* It can create complex passwords that you set the parameters for

* It is reasonably priced( or free at the basic level)

* It can auto fill 

* You can also use it to store notes for other than passwords 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 74

I have used Roboform for 20+ years. I believe it is the best on the market. Most of my passwords involving money ar 13+ characters and I change them every two months. Roboform helps me to keep track of all of these, I have the deluxe version for $9.95 a year since I am online at least 6 hours a day, but the basic free version would be fine for a light user.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 74

LastPass -paid subscription on all device shared by my spouse so we will always know how to access all accounts.  Love it!

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 74

I also like the password generator.  It maks life so much easer.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 74

LastPass for me too!  I work on many computers and also using Linux testing new distros so I can login from any of them and have all my signon and password at hand.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 74

Yes, lastpass.

1. It is supported on all of the devices I use

2. It supports access by an approved member in the event I die or otherwise incapacitated.

3. Its free!

4. Selection was based on a combination of talking with others using a password manager and rating/rankings of the various options based on capability, features, etc.

It has made my life much simpler and I have a greater confidence in my online security with every site having its own, unique, random and robust password.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 74

I have using true key for over 2 years.  I have re-install it sometimes when the browser gets a major update and when I refresh firefox.  I use firefox as my browser.  It takes less than 30 seconds to re-install. 

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 74

@s135195k, if you're still looking -- and to all who yet are, I would suggest that you take the time to read this article that is published by AARP in their online newsletter (Sept. 2018). Essentially, it's what you need to know about password managers. And, it might also shed a little light on both the importance of having one, as well as perhaps the ability to select one that you think may work for you and may address your concerns.

Password Managers: What You Need to Know

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season