Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 21 of 26

Thank you so much CatOw - I appreciate it.  I will check this out.  Thanks again. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 26

At times it does make it easier because of transferring money, sending text messages, etc. but there are times when technology is a real pain in the butt. For example, having to help my 7 year-old grandson with online schooling and not knowing how to find the right sites and/or having trouble getting logged on to the sites. Technology can be both rewarding and frustrating. It's definitely a love/hate relationship for me.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 26
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 26

Here it is...it probably could simplify my life if had a better understanding of how it all works.  Why do they make the instructions so complicated?  Just give me the A, B, C and D steps Black and White of it...I can follow instructions on just about anything that makes sense.  

Anybody out there willing to do some classes/training?  For example, I would like to know the ins and outs of software and driver updating. 

Oh yea, and how to stop robo calls and scams...technology is robbing people blind, especially in my age group.  Don't fall for it and don't let the smooth taste fool ya. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Esteemed Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 26

To a point life is easier with technology. Been involved since ‘68, then you hit an overload point.I may have hit that point.

Took 30 minutes to recall what a bar code was called😆.

Sure it’s great you can monitor your house, check the doors, windows, garage, yard. Lock or start vehicles, etc.

Record a Show or watch while away. Or just walk away for a bit👍.

Just remember before stepping to kill wifi and cell services, almost added BT a mistake if you have ear pods, AirPods, etc.

Need tunes everywhere.  Want to send those tunes from your phone to 1970 hifi, no problem through the magic of BLuetooth adaptors.

Also handy when you want to take those old vinyls with you but, don’t want to move them.Or 8-track, cassettes, etc. convert before you go.

Love and hate problem here.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

Does technology simplify life or make it more complicated?

Message 26 of 26

Does technology simplify life or make it more complicated? Share your thoughts!

I honestly think both. Technology is great and does make things easier - I can see and talk to my family even though we live 1,000+ miles apart. I can order groceries with the click of a button. I can tell Siri to remind me of things so I don't forget, etc, etc, etc. But there's also so much out there, it can be overwhelming and confusing. Things are constantly changing, and it can be really hard to keep up sometimes.

What do you think? Does technology make your life simpler, or more complicated?

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users