Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist

Re: Does technology simplify life or make it more complicated?

Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Message 2 of 4

Here it is...it probably could simplify my life if had a better understanding of how it all works.  Why do they make the instructions so complicated?  Just give me the A, B, C and D steps Black and White of it...I can follow instructions on just about anything that makes sense.  

Anybody out there willing to do some classes/training?  For example, I would like to know the ins and outs of software and driver updating. 

Oh yea, and how to stop robo calls and scams...technology is robbing people blind, especially in my age group.  Don't fall for it and don't let the smooth taste fool ya. 

Esteemed Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4

To a point life is easier with technology. Been involved since ‘68, then you hit an overload point.I may have hit that point.

Took 30 minutes to recall what a bar code was called😆.

Sure it’s great you can monitor your house, check the doors, windows, garage, yard. Lock or start vehicles, etc.

Record a Show or watch while away. Or just walk away for a bit👍.

Just remember before stepping to kill wifi and cell services, almost added BT a mistake if you have ear pods, AirPods, etc.

Need tunes everywhere.  Want to send those tunes from your phone to 1970 hifi, no problem through the magic of BLuetooth adaptors.

Also handy when you want to take those old vinyls with you but, don’t want to move them.Or 8-track, cassettes, etc. convert before you go.

Love and hate problem here.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager

Does technology simplify life or make it more complicated?

Message 4 of 4

Does technology simplify life or make it more complicated? Share your thoughts!

I honestly think both. Technology is great and does make things easier - I can see and talk to my family even though we live 1,000+ miles apart. I can order groceries with the click of a button. I can tell Siri to remind me of things so I don't forget, etc, etc, etc. But there's also so much out there, it can be overwhelming and confusing. Things are constantly changing, and it can be really hard to keep up sometimes.

What do you think? Does technology make your life simpler, or more complicated?

Tags (1)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors