Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: What would you do with a sudden windfall of money?

Message 391 of 737

Pay off home and other major bills then enjoy life.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 392 of 737

Having to retire early (health reasons) and going from a lucrative career to living on disability has given me a whole new appreciation of the true value of money. I would build a new home suited to my physical needs and limitations (all one level, for starters!), then set up trust funds for my children, give money to my church and save what I could for future needs...and to help others in need.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 393 of 737
First I would donate to our church, set up a scholarship in my son's who passed away 6 years ago honor. Then I might help our other son with some bills. We live a somewhat quiet life now, are needs are not as bad as others.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 394 of 737
Invested in my favorite stocks
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 395 of 737
If I were to get a large windfall I would look for a new house to live. A ranch, instead of an older 3 floor home. The steps are a killer now that my back is bad and my husbands. Also room so my father who is almost 87 could live with us.
I would also help my children who needed it, grandkids, and great. I have some friends who need a little help too.
It would be nice to be able to pay someone to help with work around the house and repairs too. Also to make sure there is money to take care of my dogs if anything would happen to me and my husband.
Some money for the poor and bank some. I guess I'm looking for a lot.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 396 of 737
I will be praying for you. At our age, we should not be put through these difficulties. I do hope your able to get back on your feet.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 397 of 737

First, I would tithe 10% to my church; after which I would have fam members as well as myself.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 398 of 737

I would pay off my bills, complete my divorce, see if I could get better health insurance and pharmacy insurance, buy a great condo or loft for me and one for my daughter, join a dating site, sign up for ancestry.com, hire a housekeeper, visit my son and his family in Virginia, take a fabulous vacation in Hawaii and bring all my family along, hire a personal trainer for yoga, find a solution to my neck pain and other illnesses, then do some kind of volunteer work, and set up trust funds for my kids and grandkids.  This would have to be a lot of money.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 399 of 737
I was terminated from my job yesterday. There is no money in my account. We are behind on rent and facing eviction. This amount would come in handy. I have Diabetes and only have two bottles of insulin left..
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 400 of 737
Quit my job, pay my bills, travel... If I won enough...
Kudos
Views