Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 11 of 50

i must pay my rent and trash collection bill by check. I will also use a check if I want to create a paper trail.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 50

Real estate taxes. Water company. Church. Gifts. Gardener.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 50

yes, for the housekeeper, dry cleaner, some charity donations

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 50

The occasional contractor who is not card fruendly. Property taxes to the township drop off box. State and Federal tax payments. License and tab renewals.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 50

I only use a paper check for church tithes and offerings or when I need to pay a friend for something. Other than that, it’s either bill pay through my bank or  a debit card on a secure site. When I want an extra layer of security for a site or to pay for a service, I use an online payment app such as PayPal or Venmo. Wherever direct deposit is available, like for my paycheck or tax refunds, I use that, too. 

I am extremely vigilant over all my accounts, checking them at least daily. I was always that way, but a couple of notifications over the years that I was among those compromised in a data breach has me checking my credit report on a regular basis as well. You can’t be too careful!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 50

City hall does not take online payment or credit card. so have to pay property taxes and many other things still with the checks.  Motor Vehicle also same way in local offices.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 50

GailL,, thank you, but I'm past the age where I want to be looking at statements on line and keeping track of it all. Getting a bill in the mail and writing a check is easier. And, our post offices need the money ! JudithP526204

@JudithP526204,

I totally agree with your philosophy. I keep a ledger of when a bill comes in, when paid, and how much paid. I hate automation. I have had auto payments bite me in the butt before when I have ended a subscription, for example, and the auto pay kept coming out of my account. It took an act of God to stop the auto pay. My credit union makes a copy of my cashed checks accessible to me as proof they were cashed so if I have an issue, I have a valid paper trail.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 50

I use checks only when there is no other way to make payment.  I'm a retired banker.  I use cash only when there is no other way of making payment.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 50

I do use them for places that I trust. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 50

Your first sentence contradict with second sentence and they both can not have same meaning. For example lots places take checks and cash.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit

Top Authors