Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Retired Community Manager

Have you tried digital banking?

Consumers are embracing digital banking in the midst of the coronavirus outbreak. According to a recent survey from J.D. Power, 30% of those surveyed said they were using their mobile banking app more, and 35% said they were using online banking more. (source: American Banker)

Have you tried digital banking?

Contributor

Yes
0 Kudos
Contributor

Yes!! I hace not been to the bank since we started with the Covid-19. I transfer money and make deposits as well! 

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

Hey, @AARPLynne ; I haven't stepped in to an actual bank in more than 20 (maybe 39) years. I found alternate banks that are now major banks and are online and legit.

Part of finding this was when Mom received notice from Social Security she would have to have account for direct deposit, maybe 20 years ago. They provided recommendations and one of them grew to be "green bank" (chosen because we thought they cared about the environment).

Today, everyone can choose a direct deposit card (and my understanding is there are no paper checks issued to anyone).

Back then, "green" was pretty much the only one, and as I remember the recommended for social security (please correct me if I'm wrong on that).

So, Lynn, think the question should be, do you continue brick and mortar banking? If so, why?

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP