Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Honored Social Butterfly

SHOULD WE EXPECT TRANSPARENCY?

As a membership organization, OUR FEES support the operations of AARP.

Since OUR FEES support the operations of AARP, should we expect that AARP be transparent as to the spending of those fees?

Should we expect that AARP be clear as to their vendors, their vendor's performance, and their vendor's locations?

My opinion is that the answers to these two questions is YES and YES.

What do you other members think?????

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

I doubt that our membership fees even cover the cost of the monthly magazine. Donors are probably paying for AARPs' real work. Gaming and rewards are probably rolled into some minor catch-all category on the financial reports.

Honored Social Butterfly

Maybe I am not understanding your comments exactly but shouldn’t this info give you what you are seeking -

AARP.org - AARP Financial and Annual Reports

The (3) reports listed under each of the divisions of the organization are very detailed in nature - shows just how BIG this organization is and what it does and how.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@GailL1 wrote:

Maybe I am not understanding your comments exactly but shouldn’t this info give you what you are seeking -

AARP.org - AARP Financial and Annual Reports

The (3) reports listed under each of the divisions of the organization are very detailed in nature - shows just how BIG this organization is and what it does and how.

I scanned the various reports as suggested and did not find what I was seeking. ARKADIUM operates their gaming platform. I am seeking what they paid for those services. At one time, their Rewards Program was also operated by a contract entity. If that is still so, I am also seeking what was paid for those services. I seek that information because our membership fees pay for those contract services so AARP should be transparent in that regard. If you find that information within the documents you highlighted, let me know. I could have overlooked it.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP