Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

FLY ME TO THE MOON....LET ME PLAY AMONG THE STARS......

Honored Social Butterfly

FLY ME TO THE MOON....LET ME PLAY AMONG THE STARS......

Was reading an article yesterday regarding having your remains flown to and deposited on the moon.

Well, maybe not all of your remains but a capsule of your remains.

It is the thought that counts.

Part of you forever on the moon.

It seemed like a reasonable price too.

The prices started in the $12,500 range.

"Ground Control to Major Tom.........."

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

I saw this on the news tonight. They didn't mention the price. They did show a rocket that was just sent up and carrying some peoples ashes. 

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Anything to make money..do you remember having a star named after your loved one..This is crazy donate your $$ to something that will make the world a better place or a cure for a disease that will give someone a new lease on life...It's our souls that we have to worry about not the human remains.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Gotta say Thank You @jonibee for being a voice of conscientious reason and perspective.

This, like news of a famous person's hat being auctioned for millions of dollars, is just another example of the misguided hubris that is so prevalent in current prevailing human cultures.

According to NPR a legal injunction against such flights is being sought by members of a culture that has long been demonized and disenfranchised in North America.

https://www.npr.org/2024/01/07/1223351685/some-people-are-paying-to-deposit-human-remains-on-the-moo... 

Adoption of some of this kind of cultural wisdom would probably remedy Climate Change and help us avoid similar examples of shooting ourselves in the foot down the road.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@EricC28201,

My only response is that no one ethnic group, country, or culture can claim control of the moon.

That the moon is of religious significance to one culture should not influence decisions as to projects relating to the moon.

If we apply the same thinking to other things, it would, of course, sound unfitting.

Take for example that we require restaurants to NOT SERVE foods that ARE NOT KOSHER or HALAL because two cultures find those foods to be forbidden on a religious basis.

Of course, that wouldn't happen.

Just as the moon should not have as a basis, its use controlled by a single culture.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP