Getty Images and AARP present the Disrupt Aging Collection, a searchable photo collection that redefines what it means to get older. Take a look.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Problems with site

Message 11 of 35

Hey,  don't feel bad.   I could not log-on all morning.  Tried all 3 of my browsers,  emptied cache,  re-booted Windows 7.   Nothing worked

I just assumed I had been bannedWoman Surprised

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 35
Tried didn't work in any browser or operating system.

Any chance they might FIX it soon, admit I ditched the personal message and face booked it, for a simpler it worked method.
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 35

@Frozenoem wrote:
Ok put me down on the list of can't personal message someone. Neither one of us have changed anything in our settings.

Suggestions please.

Have you logged out of the AARP site and then cleared your history or preferences in your browser and then logged into the site? Have you tried messaging others (not just the one friend)? Has your friend done the same with her browser?

When I first had the problem I got the message with everyone I tried to private message. After logging out and clearing my history (all of it) I only had the problem with one friend. After she did the same everything worked as normal.

Frances

Starimage.jpgSparkel18

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 35
Ok put me down on the list of can't personal message someone. Neither one of us have changed anything in our settings.

We were BOTH capable for 3-4 weeks. The last 7 days error message like "sparkle" described.

Irritating yes - I've tried ie 11, Firefox, on win 7 and 8.1 with update. And for giggles safari on iPad and iPhone.

Suggestions please.
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 35

Sparkel18,

Thank you for taking the time and providing us with an update.  It's greatly appreciated.

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 35

@Sparkel18 wrote:
(The issue you're having with sending a message is happening because the person you're attempting to send the message to must have this feature turned off.

Sandy)

Sandy FYI,

She did not have it turned off but I can now send and receive private messages to her. She was one of those people who could not access the community nor their personal page when this was first posted. Once she trashed her history and her site access returned, so did our ability to communicate via the private messenger.

Frances

Starimage.jpgSparkel18

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 35

Reply to: CriticalThinking

Is this what you are asking about? See image below. I did not see a reply to your question.

AARPMail.jpg

Posted by,
cat0w
Texas (USA)

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 35

Thank You ! That worked, you are my hero!

1da3d434-c454-4b51-b778-9b84ff2e7eaa_P4Photo.jpg

Jen43

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 35

What I just did using Windows 7, IE11, was open up AARP, sign out, close IE 11 then reopen IE11 and AARP. After this I clicked on the dropdown menu and opened up My Community. It is working again, for now.

Posted by,
cat0w
Texas (USA)

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 35

Ok, Since the error/problem seems to be with "my old profile page" before the glitch happened...this time when I clicked on my name in a discussion, and got to my profile page, I saved it to my favorites.....NOW it works, but I have to go to my favorites, the dropdown "My Community Page" still does not work....was there a change in the code or url address of the profile pages???

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera