Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Gold Conversationalist

Problems with site

This morning I was able to get the "Membership Only" games to load and play—usually I cannot but then couldn't get back to the "Community" area of the AARP site. Kept getting this message:

Screen shot 2014-06-11 at 6.35.56 AM.png

I tried deleting the history for the day and this did not correct the problem but when I cleared all history I was able to use my bookmark to my personal page and then log in.

Second problem:

I went to the private message area to read a message from a friend and when I tried to respond, got the following:

Screen shot 2014-06-11 at 6.35.56 AM.png

I finally sent her the message via private email.

Frances

Starimage.jpgSparkel18

0 Kudos

I have not been able to get Sweet Shuffle or Classic Solitaire to load.  When I click on "Play Now," I get the swirling circle and the games don't load. 

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@whtrose    What browser and operating system are you using?

I have Windows 10 Home using Microsoft Edge and I had no problem.  Look at the image's I provided below. Click on the lock next to the URL address for the game and see what shows. Click on, tap or activate image to enlarge it.

AARPgetgames2019.jpg

AARPgetgames2019B.jpg

0 Kudos

I have Windows 10 Home and am using Firefox.  I'll try Edge.  Thank you!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I'm glad it's not just me. I worked in telecommunications, keep abreast of changes & maneuvering thru a site no trouble for me...until I logged into AARP.  Games???? 

Gold Conversationalist

@MsSAVEevans wrote:

I'm glad it's not just me. I worked in telecommunications, keep abreast of changes & maneuvering thru a site no trouble for me...until I logged into AARP.  Games???? 

Yes. There is an area of the site that has games. Look at the right corner of this page, about an inch under your name besides the red "A". Click on the word "games" and you should be taken to the games area. There are some problems there also. Some of us, who are logged in members, can't seem to get the "Members Only" games to load. If you log out then you can play them. However, I'm a person who likes to see my scores on the Leaderboard and they will only record if you are logged in. A "Catch 22" if ever there was one. Pool is my favorite game and it loads okay for me as do the others aside from the ones designated as "Members Only" .

Frances

Starimage.jpgSparkel18

0 Kudos
Contributor

I can't get my daily scores to load even though I am logged in and can see the best score I ever did recorded next to the"0" for today's score!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Thanks, here we go!

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

FYI

In the Games area there is a missing graphics for the AARP Rock Your Finances ad. See screen shot below:

Screen shot 2014-06-21 at 10.24.10 AM.png

Frances

Starimage.jpgSparkel18

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Sparkel18, the next time you see an image missing like that do a right click in the box where the image is suppose to be and then click on Show Picture. If it does not load, that means it may not have been uploaded.

Posted by,
cat0w
Texas (USA)

Gold Conversationalist

This morning when I was on the Online Community Page and clicked on the link for My Community Profile under my name in the upper right corner, I was taken to the following page:

Screen shot 2014-06-21 at 10.15.51 AM.png

Fortunately I have a bookmark that I made in Firefox to my Personal Page and it got me there.

Frances

Starimage.jpgSparkel18

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Tried didn't work in any browser or operating system.

Any chance they might FIX it soon, admit I ditched the personal message and face booked it, for a simpler it worked method.
And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

Hey,  don't feel bad.   I could not log-on all morning.  Tried all 3 of my browsers,  emptied cache,  re-booted Windows 7.   Nothing worked

I just assumed I had been bannedWoman Surprised

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Unless you're an old friend I don't think you were banned.

And as of today Personal Messaging actually worked I was so impressed maybe things actually get fixed when broken - NOW.

I admit when PM didn't work in iOS, OSX, Win7 and Win8.1 with the update I was a little upset.

But, I've never had trouble logging in on anything just doing anything beyond that can be a problem.

And someday if I'm really lucky I'll be allowed to delete a post if my finger slips on a marvelous touch screen and I post one more blank message.

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Ok put me down on the list of can't personal message someone. Neither one of us have changed anything in our settings.

We were BOTH capable for 3-4 weeks. The last 7 days error message like "sparkle" described.

Irritating yes - I've tried ie 11, Firefox, on win 7 and 8.1 with update. And for giggles safari on iPad and iPhone.

Suggestions please.
0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@Frozenoem wrote:
Ok put me down on the list of can't personal message someone. Neither one of us have changed anything in our settings.

Suggestions please.

Have you logged out of the AARP site and then cleared your history or preferences in your browser and then logged into the site? Have you tried messaging others (not just the one friend)? Has your friend done the same with her browser?

When I first had the problem I got the message with everyone I tried to private message. After logging out and clearing my history (all of it) I only had the problem with one friend. After she did the same everything worked as normal.

Frances

Starimage.jpgSparkel18

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Ok, Since the error/problem seems to be with "my old profile page" before the glitch happened...this time when I clicked on my name in a discussion, and got to my profile page, I saved it to my favorites.....NOW it works, but I have to go to my favorites, the dropdown "My Community Page" still does not work....was there a change in the code or url address of the profile pages???

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

What I just did using Windows 7, IE11, was open up AARP, sign out, close IE 11 then reopen IE11 and AARP. After this I clicked on the dropdown menu and opened up My Community. It is working again, for now.

Posted by,
cat0w
Texas (USA)

Honored Social Butterfly

Thank You ! That worked, you are my hero!

1da3d434-c454-4b51-b778-9b84ff2e7eaa_P4Photo.jpg

Jen43

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are aware of some intermittent issues with the community this a.m. and are working to resolve.

Thanks.

Teri

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

"Intermittent issues"... I think not!  Lithium made changes and just s'd the pooch.  Affecting IE, Firefox, Google Chrome, Profiles, etc aren't just "intermittent issues".  Lithium = Pluck, Jr.  Funny that Lithium is also drug, and some of the side affects are:

* Confused
* Light-headed
* Hallucinations

Sounds like mental state of Pluck also!  This must explain all the problems.

QUOTE: "When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth".
QUOTE: "It's not hard to know you're superior, when you're surrounded by idiots".
------------
Get rid of all the garbage on the screen: http://www.i-really-want-to-know.com/firefox_cleanup_aarp_screen.php
------------
My Shared files:
AARP SPECIFIC: http://di52517-aarp.i-really-want-to-know.com
GENERAL FILES: http://di52517.i-really-want-to-know.com
------------
1.  Per Federal law (17 USC 101, 105, 201), no document of the US Govt may be copyrighted.
2.  Date format of my posts: YYYY_MM_DD (YEAR_MONTH_DAY); Time format for my posts -- 24 hour clock
3.  If "Solution" has been flagged on a post in this thread, I didn't do it, even if I started this thread.  See http://community.aarp.org/t5/Introduce-Yourself/Suggestion-2/m-p/1309660#M48
4.  If links in my post doesn't parse out correctly, it is due to AARP/Lithium's fault.  I will not use the "insert link" function to compensate for the lack of AARP/Lithium's programming ability.  If the link doesn't work, you'll need to copy and past it into the addressbar, and blame AARP/Lithium.  Lithium has proven themselves not much better than PLUCK.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@di52517 wrote:

"Intermittent issues"... I think not!  Lithium made changes and just s'd the pooch.  Affecting IE, Firefox, Google Chrome, Profiles, etc aren't just "intermittent issues".  Lithium = Pluck, Jr.  Funny that Lithium is also drug, and some of the side affects are:

* Confused
* Light-headed
* Hallucinations

Business as has been usual for the past five or so years....first the AARP programmers, then we were Plucked, now fed Lithium.  And they thought they could improve on the old Prospero program?

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I'm a member of several other boards that use software like:

* phpBB
* vBulletin
* IP Board
* SMF Board

Just to mention a few.  Some of them, are maintained by a community of non-professional programmers, and they've proven to be much "professionals" then Pluck or Lithium.  I know that my posting, ON AVERAGE, has tapered off a lot in the past 12 months.  But the few of sites I frequent, is so much better than this site, and overall the people are much more friendly, and the "staff" is much more respectful of the membership.

The one site I like best, there are differences of opinion, like any where else; but the differences are handled in a very respectful way.

I HAVE NO PROBLEM ADMITTING THAT I STAND MY GROUND HERE, ON AARP.

But then, especially under PCE, you have members, like in just the past few days, or so, accuse others of doing what he is doing, just to try and make people think they are innocent as a new born baby.  But all long term members know differently.  He then calls others liars.  He accuses people like TxGrandpa2 and others of taking over PCE, when in fact he, and people like him has.

I've used the "inappropriate" report procedure to tell of obvious/glaring violations of the TOS, and nothing has been done, including the individual described above.  In private message(s), e-mail(s), etc, I had individual(s) tell me that they've also reported things, and that AARP has turned their back.

Some time ago (several years), I put up a post about changes in our Miranda rights, based on a SCOTUS decision, and the Moderators pulled it down, saying that it was profanity.  No profanity was used whatsoever, I didn't even use words like dang, darn, or shucks!

QUOTE: "When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth".
QUOTE: "It's not hard to know you're superior, when you're surrounded by idiots".
------------
Get rid of all the garbage on the screen: http://www.i-really-want-to-know.com/firefox_cleanup_aarp_screen.php
------------
My Shared files:
AARP SPECIFIC: http://di52517-aarp.i-really-want-to-know.com
GENERAL FILES: http://di52517.i-really-want-to-know.com
------------
1.  Per Federal law (17 USC 101, 105, 201), no document of the US Govt may be copyrighted.
2.  Date format of my posts: YYYY_MM_DD (YEAR_MONTH_DAY); Time format for my posts -- 24 hour clock
3.  If "Solution" has been flagged on a post in this thread, I didn't do it, even if I started this thread.  See http://community.aarp.org/t5/Introduce-Yourself/Suggestion-2/m-p/1309660#M48
4.  If links in my post doesn't parse out correctly, it is due to AARP/Lithium's fault.  I will not use the "insert link" function to compensate for the lack of AARP/Lithium's programming ability.  If the link doesn't work, you'll need to copy and past it into the addressbar, and blame AARP/Lithium.  Lithium has proven themselves not much better than PLUCK.

Honored Social Butterfly

Thanks Teri, Appreciate it, it still tells me they can't find my profile page.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I have been trying since early morning, kept getting this page cannot be displayed, finally had to log back in, even though I was already logged in, and that worked!

Haven't tried to send a private message.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Well, I got to My Community ok, but when I tried the My Community Profile it did not work, got this message;

The page you are trying to access was not found, Please check your url for typos and try again.......?? My url, thats aarps dropdown....

Finally had to click on my name in one of the discussions, and got to my page that way...Seems to me whatever they were doing this morning threw a wrench into the works..LOL

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sparkel18,

Thank you for reporting the redirecting issue.  It's being addressed as I type <<big smiles>>.  We have also found that clearning all history has worked too.

The issue you're having with sending a message is happening because the person you're attempting to send the message to must have this feature turned off. 

Sandy

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

(The issue you're having with sending a message is happening because the person you're attempting to send the message to must have this feature turned off.

Sandy)

I think not. I tried to send you a private message and got the same message.
Frances
0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@Sparkel18 wrote:
(The issue you're having with sending a message is happening because the person you're attempting to send the message to must have this feature turned off.

Sandy)

Sandy FYI,

She did not have it turned off but I can now send and receive private messages to her. She was one of those people who could not access the community nor their personal page when this was first posted. Once she trashed her history and her site access returned, so did our ability to communicate via the private messenger.

Frances

Starimage.jpgSparkel18

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sparkel18,

Thank you for taking the time and providing us with an update.  It's greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Breakout® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP