Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

AARP Rewards Travel Contest 2022 - 5/9-5/27/22

Community Manager
Community Manager

AARP Rewards Travel Contest 2022 - 5/9-5/27/22

Welcome to the AARP Rewards Travel Contest 2022.  This contest will run from Monday, May 9, 2022 until Friday, May 27, 2022. 

Where is the first place you plan to travel now that Covid restrictions are lessening and why? How are you using AARP Rewards to save money on your trip?

Tell us what you are planning to do with travel opening up more after the pandemic!  Answer these two questions for a chance to win one of five (5) $100 AARP Rewards Travel gifts.  All participants will receive 50 AARP Reward Points for posting their response.

To enter, reply to this post with your travel plans and how you use AARP Rewards to save.  

Sharing your travel plans enters you for a chance to win one of five $100 AARP Rewards travel related cards along with 50 AARP Rewards Points just for posting!  A panel of judges appointed by AARP will select the top posts.

Rules for the contest are posted here -   https://community.aarp.org/t5/AARP-Rewards-Connect/AARP-Rewards-Online-Community-Travel-Contest-202...

AARPTeri
Periodic Contributor

I want to go to Antarctica to complete a bucket list goal of having been to every continent.  I would use my awards to buy gift cards at a discount for businesses that would be patronized in preparation or during the trip.

0 Kudos

I would go to Wisconsin. My niece is recovering from cancer, and I would love to visit. She lost her mother to the same. Also there. I would visit my father's family hometown. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

We are planning on a driving trip through Wyoming, Montana and Idaho.  We will get discounted gift cards.  We used our free magazine subscription to get good ideas of where to go and eat.  Using our rewards is always a great experience!!!

0 Kudos
Contributor

my husband and I will be taking a cruise to Greece and Italy for our 25th Anniversary...our first vacation since our honeymoon! Oops..I lied, we went away for our first anniversary to Florida, but I was pregnant and well...rides were limited at Disney. Seeing Greece is a lifelong dream for me.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I will taking a trip to Arizona from Washington!  I would use $$ my membership to stop along the way for food and hotels!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I am traveling to Switzerland with Vacations by Rail. I learned about this tour company through the AARP Magazine. Since I am a member of AARP, I received a discount when I signed up for this Best of Switzerland trip.  I started traveling in the US in October 2020, but am now ready to travel internationally! I am up-to-date on Covid protocols.  

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I would love to take a drive up the California coast to Oregon to visit my niece. If I won a gift card, I would use it, along with my AARP membership for a discount, to stay at a hotel along the way!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I want to travel to Texas and possibly find a nice place to retire.

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

We are going to Florida to celebrate my 50th birthday (which was May 11).  One of my dream vacations and to visit Universal studios and Seaworld

0 Kudos
Contributor

We have postponed a trip to Costa Rica three times so that will be our first long vacation we take. Hopefully we can use AARP travel

for a rental car. 

0 Kudos

European vacation; we are involved in World War II planes and have given numerous flights to the World War II Vets.  The history of D-Day, Normandy Beach, France, ect. Is extremely interesting to us.  I read everything I get my hands on about the History and the people of that time. Those brave individuals that helped the Jewish population, to those brave men and women of our own country who rolled up they’re selves and did what they could to win that war and get their loved ones home.  Hero’s are those who pull together for the better of Man Kind!

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

My husband and I would love to finally go to the Oregon coast for out 45th anniversary. 

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

I would love to go on a cruise with my teenage daughter before I get too old to manage it and share a unique experience like maybe to Antartica or Greenland

That would be amazing.

Thankyou for letting me dream a but

0 Kudos
Contributor

Just returned from a trip to Niagara Falls with my stepdaughter. AARP membership saves me money at hotels! 

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I'm heading to Texas to see my older brother and his family. My niece lives there with her husband and 3 kids and my nephew will be visiting from Virginia with his wife and 3 sons. I've never met my youngest great-nephew as several trips to visit them had to be cancelled because of COVID. This will be a hard trip for me because the last time I was there was February 2020 for my mother's funeral. 

I'll use AARP discounts and rewards during my travels for food and maybe some fun things to do while I'm there.

0 Kudos
Contributor

We just returned from our trip to Florida to visit our children & grandchildren. We were blessed to see 4 of our great grand babies be baptized. We used our AARP discounts for our hotel and our rental car through Budget. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

It is time to live a little and experience more out of life..I am going to see myself experience a brand new  City with friends..surely I would love to be chosen as a cash winner ..   summer gardens abound. Happy to be alive..age is getting up there..silver city 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I am so ready to use my AARP Rewards to start traveling by taking advantage of the discounts from cruises to Expedia and hotels. AARP Travel has great deals not to mention the sweepstakes and contests. My next trip will be to Spain for a wedding, then the Netherlands for a Jazz Concert and coming back through Paris for return flight home! Need all the discounts and cash prizes that AARP offers.

0 Kudos
Contributor

We are finalizing our plans to Portugal this October. This trip was put on hold in 2020, for reasons and then when we started looking at it again in 2021 but there were the same reasons. Now we are determined. We are fully boostered and then some and have added more to our vacation fund over the last two years and now want to do it in style. Good airlines seats and a great adventure awaits us.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I am excited to share that my daughters (14 and 17) and I will be taking a Carnival Cruise to the Western Caribbean! It has been three years in the works. I always plan my trips a year in advance (a great way to save money!). I scheduled our trip for the summer of 2020, but it was cancelled b/c of Covid19. I decided to wait another two years to possibly be out of the Covid19 pandemic... Covid continues, but Carnival has been up and running with mitigation strategies in place. Hopefully we will have a fantastic trip even though Covid is still present.

I am proud to share that I am an AARP member. Because of this, I saved a whopping $300 on my cruise cost! AARP offers members Carnival Cruise Gift Cards - save 10% - 

Carnival Gift Card: pay $450 for a $500 Value gift card (10% off). With my points (YAY POINTS!!) I was able to purchase $3,000 in gift cards for only $2,700! Soooo happy! 

THANK YOU AARP!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I recently retired and would LOVE to follow the Milwaukee Brewers on a road trip ~ Perhaps to see the Colorado Rockies or Cincinnati Reds.  Prior to the trip I would consult the AARP Travel information and use my AARP discount for hotels along the way as well as for the rental car we would use.  SAFE travels everyone and GO BREWERS!

0 Kudos

We will be going to see my wife’s brother in Dublin, where we haven’t seen him for 3 years. Then, we’re driving to Belfast and taking the ferry to Scotland. We are going to my ancestor’s castle called Inverrary Castle, then Loch Ness, Glasgow and Edinburgh. I didn’t know i could uses points

0 Kudos
Contributor

I will be going to Maui, HI to my daughter’s wedding.  I will use the AARP hotel discount for sure and the car rental discount.  I just went to Houston and used it at the hotel there. 

0 Kudos

Scotland.  amazing scenery and historic sites.  great people.   great local small group touring companies.   good food. 

0 Kudos
Info Seeker +

A nice trip to Nashville and then Kentucky, or cruise to Caribbean again someday after caregiving for family members during vivid.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

✈️The first place we plan to travel this summer is Florence, Italy!  🇮🇹  It is our 35th Anniversary and hubby wants to book us a "Room with a View" on the Arno. So romantic!!! 🌹 It has been a rough couple of years with Covid 😥

🏦We have been banking up our AARP Rewards Savings of over $2000 💵 on things we would have spent money on anyway. This savings is helping to pay for our dream trip!! Thank you AARP Rewards 😘

0 Kudos

I need to go to Illinois Illinois to drive to drop off my mother in law's ashes she died during covid.  Her ashes are to be laid with her late husband.  The time will be a solemn one but also a happy 1 to see old  friends and family  Members. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I'm a caregiver for my mom about 3-4 years now and hopefully I can get someone to come to be with her so I can take advantage of the AARP hotel travel benefit of a discounted room in the same state that I live in. So I won't be to far away in case there's a problem with the in home help. I wish everyone happy and safe travels and much luck on winning this contest!! Chow for now, Michelle from Reno Nevada 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Mitch, check with senior resources in your community for respite services. Full time caregivers must get a break!! Most areas have some kind of respite service, be it in home or a facility based respite. Most nurses working respite are compassionate and very understanding. If your mother is aware of her illness, I’m sure she would go along for the plan. You’ll come back refreshed and ready for the next step in mom’s journey.

good luck. Retired Nurse & former caretaker 

Contributor

Thank you very much Karen I appreciate your feedback on my post. Yes I'm sure in need of some me time and get recharged for the next leg of the journey with my mom. 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP