Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

AARP Rewards Travel Contest 2022 - 5/9-5/27/22

Community Manager
Community Manager

AARP Rewards Travel Contest 2022 - 5/9-5/27/22

Welcome to the AARP Rewards Travel Contest 2022.  This contest will run from Monday, May 9, 2022 until Friday, May 27, 2022. 

Where is the first place you plan to travel now that Covid restrictions are lessening and why? How are you using AARP Rewards to save money on your trip?

Tell us what you are planning to do with travel opening up more after the pandemic!  Answer these two questions for a chance to win one of five (5) $100 AARP Rewards Travel gifts.  All participants will receive 50 AARP Reward Points for posting their response.

To enter, reply to this post with your travel plans and how you use AARP Rewards to save.  

Sharing your travel plans enters you for a chance to win one of five $100 AARP Rewards travel related cards along with 50 AARP Rewards Points just for posting!  A panel of judges appointed by AARP will select the top posts.

Rules for the contest are posted here -   https://community.aarp.org/t5/AARP-Rewards-Connect/AARP-Rewards-Online-Community-Travel-Contest-202...

AARPTeri
Contributor

I will traveling to Oregon from Florida with my 90 year old mom to visit my sister. During the pandemic my sister was unable to see us for nearly 20 months. Neither my mom nor I have ever seen Oregon. Will be searching for AARP discounts whatever direction we head towards.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have travel twice out of the country since the pandemic. I love to travel, but with the inflation and cost of living pinching us, this year we will be traveling in the states. For the 4th of July week, we will be going to Pennsylvania and visiting 1 beach or lake per day. I love to be in the water. And at night we will be visiting the different culinary scenes they have to offer.  And most likely be going to Orange Beach, Alabama at the end of August, still shopping around for that one.

We are spending three weeks in Chile trying to catch their beautiful trout. We can use all the help we can get!! Catch and release of course.

Contributor

I plan on cruising in July! I will be only on a short cruise to Mexico from Long Beach CA. My adult niece, my youngest daughter and I will be kicking up our heels for 4 days and in ports we will be using my AARP discounts on food and fun!

Contributor

We are traveling to Madison, WI in June to attend a convention and are looking forward to using AARP discounts at restaurants along the way!

Kudos
Views
Contributor

We are traveling to the Thousand Island NY region for a weekend in June. At the end of July we are spending a week at the beach in our beloved Ocean City, MD. We are using AARP rewards to save money on gas at Exxon Mobil stations along the way on both trips!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

We will be traveling to Charleston to see family. With gas prices soaring we are saving money by staying at a Best Western not only in Charleston but in Roanoke Rapids in our Overnight layover to and from our destination. Thanks for the savings. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I will use my reward to buy gas to travel in my own state to see sights I have not seen!

0 Kudos
Contributor

We are going to celebrate our "ANNIVERSARY" w/another couple!   We actually purchased cruise gift cards - (BE AWARE Tho, Celebrity will only take 2 gift cards total on a sailing!   Read all that fine print!)   It is beginning to become quite expensive with all the COVID testing costs for a couple if you are sailing in and out of Vancouver.   You gotta test before going into Canada, then within 72 hrs of boarding ship, and again before you can fly back to states.   ($600+)   Here's an idea for AARP - get lists of economical ways to do that, that may be convenient for seagoers and flyers!  ;>

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I am traveling to Florida in August, and I plan to use my rewards to save on gas (Exxon) and to save at various restaurants (Starbucks, Olive Garden, Panera, Chile's, etc.). PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS! I AM GETTING FLOODED WITH REPLIES!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I am have been planning to go to Amsterdam to see the tulips! I will use Grand European Tours and use the Aarp discount with them. 

0 Kudos

We are hoping to travel to California to visit our son, daughter in law and grandson (depends on airfares). We are going to drive to St Louis MO for our anniversary.  We use our AARP card to save on hotel stays.

Contributor

Hello,

We plan to go to Weston, Florida!  We are thrilled to use our Exxon Mobile rewards through AARP to fuel up after renting our car from Hertz using our 30% percent discount through AARP.  We are excited to use our AARP Mastercard for fuel, dining, attraction tickets and souvenirs! Thanks for all the weekly travel and health information being provided through your newspaper articles!!! Wow, already looking forward to my adventure and my discounts!

0 Kudos
Contributor

My adult son and I are hoping to go to Disneyland. He is cognitively and health challenged (Williams syndrome) and has been asking to go throughout co-vid. The hope is to fly into California, stay at Disneyland and then fly out of Los Angeles to New Zealand where my eldest son and his wife live. We haven't been to New Zealand yet and I haven't seen my son since he was back for his sister's wedding in 2018. I retired from my job as a para-educator last fall and provide care full time for my 41-year-old. 

0 Kudos

I would like to travel to the Grand Canyon. I use AARP for movie ticket discounts. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi all, we plan to see some of western Canada and hopefully catch sight of a few bears this fall. We will fly into Vancouver, overnight at the airport (Fairmont) then fly to Calgary where we will pick up a car using AARP’s Budget discount..on to Banff (great hotel deal here via AARP) then on to Jasper before taking the Rocky Mountaineer railroad back to Vancouver. Off next to Vancouver Island to hopefully see some bears at Knight Inlet, this time with an Avis AARP discounted rental. Not sorted all the hotels yet but we will hopefully have fun and meet a few AARP fans on route. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I plan to travel to the UK (Scotland) this summer. I will be taking advantage of the 0% interest on purchases with my AARP Mastercard to pay for my trip. The AARP rewards will be used for dining. 

0 Kudos

Hi I would spend the $100 to travel to Sedona, AZ. I live in Phoenix Arizona and I have been working as a Licensed Massage Therapist throughout the pandemic. I would spend this on a hotel and book a spa day myself. Thank-you.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I am planning a trip to Isla Mujere, Mexico late Oct/early Nov this year. We were going to go last year, but medical issues got in the way. Not worried about traveling. I'll just keep doing what I do to feel safe. Masking when around large crowds and on the planes and in the airports. I'm going to check to see where AARP is going to help me along the way before, during and after my trip. I have never used the travel services,  but this seems like the perfect time to start!

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

I'm not ready to travel out of state but I am going to go to a River Festival in state of Kansas in later there's normally a lot of people there and we're going my daughter and I are going to be walking in the walk Fest we might wear a mask if we go into a building but outside we're going to try to stay away from people but no mask.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I started traveling before the pandemic ended. In the summer of 2021, I was delighted to be invited to join two friends on a three week RV trip to visit state and national parks in the West. We felt safe traveling with the RV, preparing our own meals, etc.  we will continue our adventure this summer taking day trips from Portland OR to explore oregon, Washington, and Idaho.  The AARP discounts/savings/prizes will contribute to a very memorable trip.   I’m 83 years old and was recently widowed.  RV traveling is the best!  It was my first time!!!   Hope you pick me!!! 

0 Kudos
Contributor

We are excited to travel to Glacier National Park!  We were unable to last year due to Covid and other personal issues.  We'll use our AARP Rewards to search for opportunities to save at shops and restaurants.  We are always so happy to whip out our AARP membership cards!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Well I’ve already taken two cruises, December and February. Now I’m planning a Mediterranean cruise out of Rome but before the cruise we will visit Paris, Venice and a few days in Rome. After the 10 day cruise, we will spend a few more days in Rome, then move on the Florence, taking a side trip to Tuscany and Pizza ( of course to the leaning tower). We will return to Paris for a couple of days and then back home to Texas. I know it will be a memorable adventure.

0 Kudos
Contributor

@AARPTeri wrote:

Welcome to the AARP Rewards Travel Contest 2022.  This contest will run from Monday, May 9, 2022 until Friday, May 27, 2022. 

Where is the first place you plan to travel now that Covid restrictions are lessening and why? How are you using AARP Rewards to save money on your trip?

Tell us what you are planning to do with travel opening up more after the pandemic!  Answer these two questions for a chance to win one of five (5) $100 AARP Rewards Travel gifts.  All participants will receive 50 AARP Reward Points for posting their response.

To enter, reply to this post with your travel plans and how you use AARP Rewards to save.  

Sharing your travel plans enters you for a chance to win one of five $100 AARP Rewards travel related cards along with 50 AARP Rewards Points just for posting!  A panel of judges appointed by AARP will select the top posts.

Rules for the contest are posted here -   https://community.aarp.org/t5/AARP-Rewards-Connect/AARP-Rewards-Online-Community-Travel-Contest-202...

I would like to travel to Charlevoix Mi to take the boat to Beaver Island for a few days. It would be for a time with a girl’s night out for my daughter and granddaughter’s who both graduated from college & high school in different settings in 2020 and my goal with chemo was to attend both ceremonies but was completely changed and we need this time together.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Will be celebrating our 50th anniversary on a cruise to the Mediterranean!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I decided to take a 7-night cruise to The Bahamas from Bayonne, NJ two weeks ago and clocked in 68,823 steps while on the weeklong cruise! I met some new friends and enjoyed water aerobics twice that week as well as walked through three of the ports of call, took two other exercise classes while aboard ship, and enjoyed two beaches. There have been some interesting quizzes I've taken on AARP REWARDS which have helped me learn about all sorts of things in the fitness and health and welfare realm and I've even synced my Fitbit to it. I plan to take another cruise this summer and hope to be able to purchase one of the Carnival Cruise gift cards and/or a Royal Caribbean gift card that AARP Rewards offers so I can save 10% on my next cruise this summer! (I've already redeemed some points to enter AARP's Summer Sweepstakes. How cool it would be to win that! Just the thought of winning that makes me smile. I LOVE AARP!)

Contributor

We just traveled on my dream Reid to the Netherlands and Belgium on a river cruise. I use AARP Rewards to look for discounts on hotels, dining and rental cards when I travel. Out next trip will be to a wedding in Boston, then in the fall my son’s Wes sing in Texas. AARP rewards comes in handy to look for these travel discounts especially with US travel

Contributor

I would like to do a trip to Phoenix or Boise this year.  It is good for the soul to spend time with family.  It would be fun to see how many restaurants we can use our AARP card to help save money.

Contributor

We are so excited for our trip to Italy this September! We have been waiting three years to make this happen due to COVID restrictions, and it is so reassuring  to finally see an end in sight.

AARP is overlooked, I feel, where travel benefits are concerned. They are a  great resource even if you aren't retired! We used the discounts via AARP partner, Expedia, to get 15% off our hotel at the airport the night before we leave, as well as 15% off a nearby restaurant. We found AARP travel center, and Senior "Gettours.com" very helpful in locating affordable tours in Rome. 

As a side note: imagine my surprise when at Regal Cinema, we received 40% off on our ticket!

I loved it, and we love AARP.

Arrivederci!

Lori and Ron

Periodic Contributor

We have never been able to travel much due to work and health. It's been 20 years since we went to the beach. I hope that my husband of 40 years and I can go see the ocean one more time. AARP will help me save on hotel and rental car. Thanks AARP!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP