Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Stimulus Check when you have Social Security Deposit every month

Periodic Contributor

Stimulus Check when you have Social Security Deposit every month

I did not get my stimulus check deposited in my accout as stated it would be. I went on the IRS site and the response was they had no information for direct deposit!  Well you have been depositing my SS check every month in my checking account, did you check there??? I filed a federal return and owed some money, but have not paid yet because of the extension. I filled out the form on the website for the stimlus check  along with the bank info they asked for, so that was yesterday, we will see, but not all of us  on SS are not automatically receving the check in our account as stated. You would think we would get ours first!

Susan Sheppard
Trusted Contributor

LeighG227172.  A lot of us are in the same boat. Myself included, except I've been receiving SSDI much longer. One thing I'd like to point out though, for what it's worth, is that if we are to believe both the IRS and SSA, IRS should have a record of us. They should have gotten it from the SSA. I'm also tired of hearing "you should have gotten it on the 29th". Yes, we know when we "should" have gotten it, so tell us when we "will" get it. The IRS has to know that there's a lot of SS and SSDI recipients who haven't gotten the stimulus yet, so why haven't they posted something on their site, letting us know that "you'll be getting your direct deposit by the end of this week", or "you'll be getting a paper check by....", or even "there are still many SS and SSDI recipients waiting for their stimulus, and we haven't forgotten about you. We're still doing direct deposits and you will be receiving your stimulus soon". But they remain silent which only adds to the frustration and confusion. For what this is worth...yesterday I saw a stimulus update by an investment professional who said the IRS wasn't able to get all the deposits done on the 29th and that it is going to take a few days to get all of them done. So if someone hasn't received their direct deposit yet, they should be seeing it very soon. So I'm hoping that by the end of the week, if not sooner, we'll receive it. If not, I plan on contacting my Congressman. That seems to be the only option we have. I would think a Congressman could get some answers from IRS.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

My wife and I get our SS DD on the same date monthly. We are not required to file taxes and we don't and we fit ALL the requirements to get the Stimulus money. My wife got her Stimulus DD on 4/29/2020 and the Get My Payment tool worked several days in advance for my wife. But I get nothing but the Payment Status is Not Available. I've been saying all along I bet I get lost in the shuffle, seems so true so far.IRS.JPG

0 Kudos
Contributor

I know I was upset and angry that I was receiving a paper check instead of the direct deposit (I have direct deposit with the SS benefits).  The "Get My Payment" feature of the IRS's website stated that my check was mailed on May 1st.  I have "Informed Delivery" through the USPS website so I am able to see what first class mail and packages I am to receive that day.  I checked today and I am getting the check today!

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Annemarie put in her post.. Direct Express Card Holders You may use the Non-Filer tool, but you will NOT receive your $1,200 payment on your Direct Express card.

I am here to say different, mine went onto my card on the 29th of April.

Smiles...

It broke my heart to lose you but you didn't go alone, for part of me went with you the day God took you home!!
Trusted Contributor

That may be true and many got DD on the 29th and 30th of April. There are still 30-40 million that have not received anything and most will get via mail for various reasons. It could be you had no DD on 1099, wrong DD number, IRS keyed in wrong number, filed on dependents before your DD went out. Maybe they are sending folks with cards via mail instead. I stopped posting via my email because of the possible spammers and others that decided to use this thread for their own personal rants and and inane comments this past week. Good luck to those that have not gotten the stimulus check yet. 

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

riverdance5000.Good Morning to you and everyone. I didn't need to do a thing but be patient. Have a blessed day!!

Smiles...

It broke my heart to lose you but you didn't go alone, for part of me went with you the day God took you home!!
Contributor

Can someone please help me on my question? My parents are receiving SSI and I claimed them as dependents on my tax returns. Do they still qualify for the stimulus check? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

No. If someone is claimed as a dependent on another's taxes, they are not entitled to receive the stimulus check.
0 Kudos
Contributor

No. Not if they ate someone else dependent

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

I posted my Bank information for DD on April 22 and have been checking back every day for the status. I just checked today and here is what shows. 😎

AARPTaxStimulusCK2020.jpg

Posted by,
cat0w
Texas (USA)

TexasFlagSmall

0 Kudos
Contributor

This will be me last post, but maybe it will encourage someone, 

I filed 3019 taxes but it did not have my banking information because we neither owed or paid. We probably didn’t need to file and it will be the last time. I was finally able , after 2-4 tries, to put on our banking information. However, for a week it has shown, no date available. This morning, it tells me it will be direct deposited on May 6th.

Hopefully, that is true for the ones on SSA, RRB,SSI, etc. I have a nephew who has Aspergers Autism, who gets SSI. He didn’t have a date shown as of yesterday, but I am going to check with him today,

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Well, don't go to non-filers if you are a Social Security Retiree with no dependents, no kids, no other income, and only Social Security retirement income. Must have a "last years Tax PIN" and "a routing number" (which Direct Deposit doesn't give) and because of this, they keep rejecting my form. So, for people like me, we are left in the dark until we get a check or a deposit. Im going to check another avenue. Ill try to post what I find out.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@DavidS871610  (Ref. Message 228)   Look at this info referring to a ITIN.

https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/about-form-w-7

0 Kudos
Contributor

dont worry- the gov has got your back-- only now they kick you in the ass and screw you out of all your money-- enjoy

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Your routing number is on your bank check along with your account number.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Direct Deposit isn't a checking account, it is an account that Social Security give retirees to access their SS deposits. Direct Deposit also doesn't give checks. If you have Direct Deposit you would know this, so I hope you're not spamming.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@DavidS871610  (Ref. Message #230) and @ others. Direct Deposit, what is it? 

https://www.thebalance.com/how-to-set-up-direct-deposit-315294

0 Kudos
Contributor

nobody spamming

We were told if ss check was direct deposit into your checking so would stimulus but I was told check to be mailed may 1

0 Kudos
Contributor

That's what happened to me.  I did some further checking and it will take up to 14 days to get the paper check from the date it was mailed according to the IRS website.  I was unsure if I had to put my banking info in since they were going to use the info from SSA 1099 and I have direct deposit.  I learned from my mistake. 

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I get SSDI for three years and since day one, dd. Although we were told the IRS would get our information from our SSA-1099s form to do dd, I did not understand how they were going to do that because my SSA-1099 that I got in January ONLY shows the amount of money I received from the prior year and had no information about my banking or that I even get it dd. It also stated that people getting SS and SSDI were not to use the non-filer portion so I did not. So I now see since 4/25 on the IRS site that a check was MAILED OUT on May 1st. I read that they are doing a limit of 5 million checks per week, with the next batch being mailed out on May 8th, etc. Also, since I got notification that it was going to be mailed out, the IRS stated once you get that information, it is too late to update the information so I just have to wait for it to arrive in mail. The IRS is using the last known address they had on file and since I did not move, I am not worried. It's just waiting for the check to arrive.
0 Kudos
Contributor

They said we didn't need to.  Oh well

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

direct deposit is real-- onl the gov now uses it to **bleep** you out of your money-- enjoy

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I have a bank account. My SSDI is direct deposited into that account. It is my checking account. On the bottom of my checks are the routing number and the account number. That's where my SSDI is direct deposited every month. And that is where the stimulus payment will be deposited, it it ever happens.  Spamming? I'm too old to play games.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

Dont worry-- you will never see one dime- the gov has **bleep**ed over people for years- now it is your turn--enjoy being **bleep**ed by the gov. they love **bleep**ing over people to take their money!~~!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I was hoping I'd receive mine today, with my regular monthly benefits.  The regular was deposited but still no stimulus. I qualify, SS knows where I live, my bank account the same for many years.  I still can't get into the Get My Payment portal.  This is nerve-wracking. 

Kudos
Views
Trusted Contributor

Same here. My hope turned into a little sadness as well. So I guess we're going to be getting paper checks. When? I haven't a clue. Some are getting messages on the Get My Payment portal saying that their checks will be mailed out on May 1st. I'm not even getting that but only the Payment Status Not Available msg. It's very frustrating. I've been over this a few times now though. So it's just a waiting game now. Hang in there as I will as well.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have been receiving survivor's benefits for a few years and use direct deposit.  I checked the "Get My Payment" on the IRS's website.  It stated that a check has been mailed on May 1st.  As of today, I am still waiting on a paper check.  I use direct deposit for my SS and I'm receiving a paper check.  What gives?  How long will it be before I receive that paper check and will I receive Trump's letter prior to the check?  What does one do when the "check is in the mail" situation?

0 Kudos
Contributor

I had the same thing happen.  have ss direct deposit every month and I got message check to be mailed may1st.  IRS screwed up

0 Kudos
Contributor

they did not screw up-- you did-- by trusting that the gov would give a **bleep** about you-- enjoy

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I'd be thrilled if I got anything except "Payment Status Not Available". I also have my SS direct deposited, but I'd be happy as a clam if the Get My Payment tool told me a check was in the mail. At least I'd know I would be getting the stimulus soon. As it is now, I have my doubts that I'm ever going to get it, direct deposit OR check.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP