Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Stimulus Check when you have Social Security Deposit every month

Periodic Contributor

Stimulus Check when you have Social Security Deposit every month

I did not get my stimulus check deposited in my accout as stated it would be. I went on the IRS site and the response was they had no information for direct deposit!  Well you have been depositing my SS check every month in my checking account, did you check there??? I filed a federal return and owed some money, but have not paid yet because of the extension. I filled out the form on the website for the stimlus check  along with the bank info they asked for, so that was yesterday, we will see, but not all of us  on SS are not automatically receving the check in our account as stated. You would think we would get ours first!

Susan Sheppard
Regular Contributor

If you have your Social Security directly deposited into your bank as most people do these days, why is a paper check even being sent?  I've read that the IRS says that they take the direct deposit info from the Social Security Admin 1099 form.  And no, I have not received my payment either.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

They are mailing out 5 million checks each way. I am on the 5/1 mailing and the next batch will be 5/8. I assume if you wait a few days and check the Get my Payment, now that they have mailed out the 5/1 checks, that those whose checks are being mailed out on 5/8 will see that info updated.
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

When and how did you get the info about checks being mailed?

0 Kudos
Contributor

Spoiler
There has been quite a few people on here and other forums saying they get SSDI and got a mail date for May 1st. There are many people that don’t have a date and gets the payment status unavailable message through Get My Payment tool. People are saying the next wave of checks start May 8th and some should get a mail date around that day. It seems like everybody I know with So oak Security got their payment except for me. It’s terrible!
0 Kudos

Please help me anyone. I am stuck in Guatemala because I am on Survivors insurance social security and i did not receive my money in my account today.And i was on vacation when all this happened. Am I the only one ton Survivors' Insurance who did not receive my funds? he IRS website tells me I am entering incorrect information after i entered information and they gave me an id number a couple of weeks ago I enter the same info now and it says in entered incorrect info. I am abroad and they told me if I do not have my father's social security number they will not provide me with my benefit number so I am going crazy there is nothing i can do and if they send that check to my residence my roommate will steal it he steals our mail and the fbu at the embassy is ignoring me and will not help me. Social security will not help me. I do not even have my benefit number because i forgot my father's social security number i wanted to forget everything about him since i was terribly abused and that is the reason I am on ss in the first place. I just have to believe the Universe will protect me here. I was beaten badly by a crowd of Guatemalans on Good Friday becasue they believed since i am white and from abroad that I had covid 19. I am stuck in the same town where they beat me I am already a sufferer of ptsd from child abuse but now i have the added trauma of being beaten my shoulder dislocated and bruises all over my body I have the photos-and the embassy will not even coordiante with police ot bring me to a place where there are more expats i am the only tourist in this town I have been terrified every day but realize there is nothing I can do. I have very bad ptsd and i spoke to the embassy today and they told me we do not help on those situations. ON good Friday after beating me I was illegally detained for three days put in a jail cell. A judge apologized profusely to me but the damage is done the wounds will heal on the outside but the terror remains. it is too late i am traumatized. Sorry about all the errors grammatical and spelling but i am too nervous to be looking at what I am writing obviously no one in the government offices will help me and i must relay in the UNiverse to protect me. Please what I need is to know which government office i can communicate with to help me. I wanted to come back to the US but they are corporatized the embassy only deals with united and they charge 800 usd one way I can buy a ticket on Avianca for 200 usd which i can afford. Please tell me anyone what to do anyone out there I am alone and frightened.
0 Kudos

Please can someone anyone help me.  I receive SS Survivor's Insurance.  I did not receive a penny today though most have received their payments.  I am stuck in Guatemala I do not have 1000usd for a United flight back to the US.  I was beaten by locals who thought I had covid just because i am white.  I called the embassy and they told me if you can't pay for the United flight we can't help you.  They have left mein the twon where i was assaulted.  In this town there was an american woman burned alive ten eyars ago.  The horrible people at the embassy are psychopaths just like trump they have no conscience.  They would not coordiante with police to take me to a safer town with more tourist I am the only one here.  BUt I reall just want to know thta I am not the only Survivor who has not received my payment.  I actually cannot receive the paper check becasue i will not be home not only that I have a rommate who steals the other rommates mail.  SO please I have direct deposit and have been using it for so many years-decades but i received nothing.  Am I the only survivor not to receive my payment and what do I do?  I go to the IRS website and they tell me i entered incotrrect information.  I spoke to ss local office and they refuse to help me when will I ever be able to see that money if my rommate steals my check please .  I am stuck in Guatemala in a dangerous plfe and no one in the government aganeices cares.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

This is where I am. I have been on SSDI since 2005. I have had direct deposit for 15 years. In 2018-2019 I did not file a tax return. No matter how many times I use the Get My Payment tool it says Payment Satus Not Available.

I cannot access, enable or even find any option stating paper checks will be mailed out on May 1.or anything close to that. I get the same response every single time. Some on this site say that some checks will be mailed. I hope so because I am having no success on the IRS site in any way, shape or form on any information concerning when I will receive my stimulus payment.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

@CassTech71 wrote:

This is where I am. I have been on SSDI since 2005. I have had direct deposit for 15 years. In 2018-2019 I did not file a tax return. No matter how many times I use the Get My Payment tool it says Payment Satus Not Available.

I cannot access, enable or even find any option stating paper checks will be mailed out on May 1.or anything close to that. I get the same response every single time. Some on this site say that some checks will be mailed. I hope so because I am having no success on the IRS site in any way, shape or form on any information concerning when I will receive my stimulus payment.

I copied and pasted this information from the Wall Street Journal as others are having the same issue:

"

Q: I tried the “Get My Payment” tool and I received a message that says “Payment Status Not Available.” What should I do?

A: There are a number of reasons the tool can’t check the status of a stimulus payment, the IRS said.

• You aren’t eligible for a payment.
  • Your payment is based on your status as a Social Security, disability, Veterans Affairs or Railroad Retirement beneficiary. In this case, the IRS will use your SSA or RRB Form 1099 payment information. Your payment information isn’t available on the Get My Payment tool.
  • You have not filed a 2018 or 2019 federal tax return.
  • You filed your 2019 return, but it hasn’t been fully processed.
  • You used the non-filers tool, but the information you entered is still being processed.
  • There’s a problem verifying your identity when answering the security questions.

If you don’t fall into any of those categories, keep checking “Get My Payment.” It’s possible that the system just hasn’t had time to process your information. Keep in mind that the IRS is processing millions of stimulus payments. Information on the site is updated only once a day, so checking more than once in a 24-hour period won’t yield a different result. The IRS says people who qualify for a payment will receive it by mail if they do not get it through direct deposit."

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

@CassTech71 wrote:

I am on SSDI and whenever I tried, it would say Payment Status Not Available.  I never tried more than once a day bc they only update once a day.  Then on 4/24 all of a sudden it said I had requested direct deposit.  Then on 4/25 they had the system down for a few hours because it did have numerous glitches and they had to put in new information.  I do not think their system (like UE) is up to date and is antiquated.  But after they updated it on 4/25, and even though I had been getting SSDI for two years and always dd, it stated that a paper check would be mailed OUT on May 1, 2020 so I expect to get it at the end of next week.  

I think (sshh) that some of us that get SSDI and have no other income and have not filed taxes are getting paper checks.  I read on the IRS site NOT to use the filing portal to add any banking information if you get SS, or SSDI so I did not use it.  (I even tried, but of course since I have not did taxes for 2018 and 2019) it would not let me use zero bc I wanted to put in my banking information.  I am sure it is just a glitch in the system.  They are mailing out checks in batches so I am sure you will get it and maybe tomorrow try again.  

Try not to use it more than several times a day bc the info won't change and it may lock you out.  I am sure within a day or two you will see the information.  Now, of course, my regular mailman has been out since COVID-19 became a big problem in NY so now every single day, we have a different mail person and I have been getting everybody else's mail so I just hope, they would be like me, and slip it under my door if they get it.  But who knows.

Anyway the IRS is sending out letters within 15 days of when they expect you to get payment to confirm that you got it and if there were any issues.  I read where one man only got $145 deposited in his account.  Computers don't make mistakes humans do and I imagine some may have made errors but probably just a glitch.  check tomorrow and maybe you will see a date.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

@AnnemarieK743874 wrote:

@CassTech71 wrote:

I am on SSDI and whenever I tried, it would say Payment Status Not Available.  I never tried more than once a day bc they only update once a day.  Then on 4/24 all of a sudden it said I had requested direct deposit.  Then on 4/25 they had the system down for a few hours because it did have numerous glitches and they had to put in new information.  I do not think their system (like UE) is up to date and is antiquated.  But after they updated it on 4/25, and even though I had been getting SSDI for two years and always dd, it stated that a paper check would be mailed OUT on May 1, 2020 so I expect to get it at the end of next week.  

I think (sshh) that some of us that get SSDI and have no other income and have not filed taxes are getting paper checks.  I read on the IRS site NOT to use the filing portal to add any banking information if you get SS, or SSDI so I did not use it.  (I even tried, but of course since I have not did taxes for 2018 and 2019) it would not let me use zero bc I wanted to put in my banking information.  I am sure it is just a glitch in the system.  They are mailing out checks in batches so I am sure you will get it and maybe tomorrow try again.  

Try not to use it more than several times a day bc the info won't change and it may lock you out.  I am sure within a day or two you will see the information.  Now, of course, my regular mailman has been out since COVID-19 became a big problem in NY so now every single day, we have a different mail person and I have been getting everybody else's mail so I just hope, they would be like me, and slip it under my door if they get it.  But who knows.

Anyway the IRS is sending out letters within 15 days of when they expect you to get payment to confirm that you got it and if there were any issues.  I read where one man only got $145 deposited in his account.  Computers don't make mistakes humans do and I imagine some may have made errors but probably just a glitch.  check tomorrow and maybe you will see a date.

My apologies if I posted the following reply twice.

"Okay. But I've tried on a number of occasions the last few weeks. Still the same thing. I won't sweat it any longer. It'll be here when he gets here. Thanks again."

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Okay. But I've tried on a number of occasions over the last few weeks and still the same thing. But I'm not going to sweat it any longer. It'll be here when it gets here. Thanks again

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

This is the same thing happened to most of us. Until last Sunday I could not get any info from that site. Today I got DD the stimulus money. I am not in SSDI though. I am not sure why this still happening to you and others. You're right there is no one to call. SSA is mostly closed and there are probably 10 million people trying to contact IRS. 95% of them will not get through anytime soon. When I entered my info it was just SS number-birth date-and street address with zip. No city or state to put in it states. When it finally worked it gave me the last four digits of my bank account and the day it was to be delivered. At 3:43 A.M. CST it appeared. That is what's supposed to happen. Why it does not give information at this time is beyond me. Address change, bank change, you being a dependent of another person, except marriage. It might be possible that they dont give info and still send a check or DD. That being said if you get a letter from them in a couple of weeks staying they sent it then you will know to call the number they give you to figure it all out. Sent to the wrong bank or lost in the mail. Those things are going to happen many, just because it can. I hope you get through soon and funds sent to you. Good luck. 

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Thanks Alan. Your reply is of some help. I've waited this long I may as well go the distance. Thanks again.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

I am on ssdi and get it on the us direct express card I have no dependents and do not have to file taxes when will the stimulus check be direct deposited to the us direct express card.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

@riverdance5000 wrote:

I am on ssdi and get it on the us direct express card I have no dependents and do not have to file taxes when will the stimulus check be direct deposited to the us direct express card.

I am also on SSDI and have been for close to three years and since beginning get it dd into my checking account info.  I have not filed taxes since 2017, have no dependents.  According to the IRS site, (which it still says), we had to do nothing and would receive the money the same way we receive our benefits.  But they were going to have to go by our SSA-1099s and get that info from the SSA, two separate entities.  I followed the instructions and did not use the non-filer registration, but it has now said since 4/25 that I will be getting a paper check MAILED OUT TO on 5/1 (tomorrow).  So since it will be mailed, I expect by end of week.

So check the Get my payment on the IRS site.  New info may be added for you by now.  They are doing about 5 million checks per week and the next wave of checks will be mailed out on 5/8.

So it is not set in gold that all, especially those on SSDI, will receive it dd.  I am getting a check.  

0 Kudos
Contributor

This gives me a little more hope. I appreciate you taking the time to reassure me that my payment will be here sooner or later. When I seen the 8-9 family members of mine and my fiancé get theirs, I just knew something had to be wrong. Plus I was worried about my fiancé's bank (BOA) rejecting the payment, being he is my Payee and I'm not on the account. I've read where others payments has been reject because they gave someone else's bank  info. I know it's a little different because my fiancé is my Payee. Thanks again for the reassurance. God bless! 

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

@riverdance5000
You are correct, mine was deposited into mine this morning. 😉

Smiles...
It broke my heart to lose you but you didn't go alone, for part of me went with you the day God took you home!!
Trusted Contributor

Whenever the IRS site tells you. Otherwise we have no idea. Not sure why some deal with cards and not DD at banks. Getting through to IRS via phone would be like hitting the lotto at this time. How does SSDI put money into those cards? The IRS and Treasury are handling the money on the simulus. Is there a number for your card it uses to receive funds? Does the IRS have this information? Lots of questions to get the correct answer. Good luck

0 Kudos
Contributor

Is there anyone else that gets Social Security and haven't gotten their DD this morning and still get the "Status Unavailble" on Get My Payment app? Everyone I know that gets Social Security got a DD date on Get my Payment and got their payment this morning. I still get the "Status Unavailable" and no payment this morning. I get Social Security Disability and I'm wondering if they just haven't gotten to all Social Security recipients or is something wrong. 

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

@AnthonyD527301 wrote:

Is there anyone else that gets Social Security and haven't gotten their DD this morning and still get the "Status Unavailble" on Get My Payment app? Everyone I know that gets Social Security got a DD date on Get my Payment and got their payment this morning. I still get the "Status Unavailable" and no payment this morning. I get Social Security Disability and I'm wondering if they just haven't gotten to all Social Security recipients or is something wrong. 

I get SSDI, (NOT SS),  and from everything it said on the IRS website that however I receive my SSDI benefits monthly would be the same way I received my money and I had to do nothing but regardless, I did not get direct deposit and am getting a paper check and even though since the beginning of collecting SSDI (my last tax form was filed in 2017) I had received my SSDI through direct deposit, I am getting a paper check.  On 4/24 all the Get my payment stated was that I reqeusted direct deposit and then they shut it down for a few hours to update it and fix some glitches.  The next time I tried again the Get my Payment, it told me that a paper check would be MAILED OUT TO ME on 5/1/2020 and that has not changed since then so it is obvious I am not getting mine dd and it stated the Treasury would be using the last known address they had on file and luckily I have not moved since then and I only last filed in 2017.  They are doing 5 million checks per week (their limit for a week) and I seen the next time schedule for checks are to be mailed are on 5/8.  So I would check once per day and you may see the date when a check is to be mailed, unless you are lucky and they dd for you but they did not for me and I have had the same banking info for years.  So I expect to get a paper check at the end of next week.  

0 Kudos
Contributor

I didn't get mine. My confirmation said I was due it, would get it, but no date shown.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I hope u get yours I havent even received a date. But my regular SSDI is pending. For may 1st. The bank told me they only post on .mon. Wed. Fri.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

@MelanieF757557 wrote:

I hope u get yours I havent even received a date. But my regular SSDI is pending. For may 1st. The bank told me they only post on .mon. Wed. Fri.

I have an online ssa.gov account and normally I get my SSDI benefits the third day of every month (due to the fact that I have dual coverage of Medicare and full Medicaid bc I did a pooled trust spenddown so they changed my date from the third Wednesday from in the past when I used ot get on the 3rd Wednesday of every month.  Because I joined a pooled trust fund spend down because I have advanced and my treatment is expensive with my pills costing $11,000 per month.  Medicare, when I hit, would have expected me to pay a copayment of $2,437 not even counting all the other tests.  So I had to do a spend down and now I have medicare as my primary and full Medicaid as my secondary.  Also bc I qualified (SSDI is the only income I am getting)  Medicaid now pays my Medicare Premiums for Plan B ($144.)) and for my Plan D(rx plan) which is $37.90. and now I do not pay a penny for any of my treatment.  I would not be able to afford to.

But on my ssa.gov account, it tells me my next REGULAR payment will be deposited into my account tomorrow (May 1st) and I assume that is because May 3rd falls on a Sunday.

Even though the IRS site continually stated that however we receive our SSDI benefits would be the same way we could get out stimulus money, and we had to do nothing, when I got on the Wheres my payment of the IRS site on 5/25, it now tells me and has not changed for a week, that I will be getting a paper check MAILED OUT on May 1st and that the Treasury would use the last known address info they had on file so luckily I last filed in 2017 and have not moved.

So the few people I know personally have who are on SSDI have gotten notice from the IRS site that they are getting paper check.  They only mail out 5 million checks per week and the next batch of checks will be mailed out on 5/8.  Good luck.  There may still be glitches in the Wheres my payment OR they will be putting it out for a few hours again and updating so hopefully your information by then.  

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

@AnnemarieK743874 wrote:

@MelanieF757557 wrote:

I have an online ssa.gov account and normally I get my SSDI benefits the third day of every month (due to the fact that I have dual coverage of Medicare and full Medicaid bc I did a pooled trust spenddown so they changed my date from the third Wednesday from in the past when I used ot get on the 3rd Wednesday of every month.  Because I joined a pooled trust fund spend down because I have advanced and my treatment is expensive with my pills costing $11,000 per month.  Medicare, when I hit, would have expected me to pay a copayment of $2,437 not even counting all the other tests.  So I had to do a spend down and now I have medicare as my primary and full Medicaid as my secondary.  Also bc I qualified (SSDI is the only income I am getting)  Medicaid now pays my Medicare Premiums for Plan B ($144.)) and for my Plan D(rx plan) which is $37.90. and now I do not pay a penny for any of my treatment.  I would not be able to afford to.

But on my ssa.gov account, it tells me my next REGULAR payment will be deposited into my account tomorrow (May 1st) and I assume that is because May 3rd falls on a Sunday.

Even though the IRS site continually stated that however we receive our SSDI benefits would be the same way we could get out stimulus money, and we had to do nothing, when I got on the Wheres my payment of the IRS site on 5/25, it now tells me and has not changed for a week, that I will be getting a paper check MAILED OUT on May 1st and that the Treasury would use the last known address info they had on file so luckily I last filed in 2017 and have not moved.

So the few people I know personally have who are on SSDI have gotten notice from the IRS site that they are getting paper check.  They only mail out 5 million checks per week and the next batch of checks will be mailed out on 5/8.  Good luck.  There may still be glitches in the Wheres my payment OR they will be putting it out for a few hours again and updating so hopefully your information by then.  

I haven't seen anything. Nothing that I can find on the IRS website says I'm getting a paper check, direct deposit or anything else. But as I said in a previous post no need of sweating it. If get it I get it. if I don't I don't. It will have been nice thinking for a while that I was going to get one at least though.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

There could be many things wrong that might cause you to get it at a later date.

1. Wrong info

2. Wrong address

3. Entered incorrect data by IRS

4. Filed Taxes late or not yet

5. Added dependents 

6. Before this week over 80 million still had not recevied their stimulus yet. This week half of those should have. Leaving 40 million getting checks over the next 12 + weeks as IRS-Treasury sending out 5 million or so a week until completed. 

7. If you just entered SSA changed address a few times or banks you will likely be the check people. I heard on news there are over 14 million other people that do not even have a bank. People that have not worked in years and received no goverment programs. 

I received my Stimulus early this morning. I waited almost 3 weeks before the Get My Payment would give me any information. Better late then never. I hope the rest of you get soon. Many really need it while others just happy to be able to purchase some items they really need. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have a 16 year old daughter that receives SSA (survivors benefits) I got my $1200 stimulus but she was not added will she receive something on her DirectExpress card

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I AM ON DISABILITY, HAVE NOT FILED A TAX RETURN  IN YEARS,

AND HAVE RECEIVED MY DIRECT DEPOSIT STIMULUS THIS 

MORNING!

Do not let others tell you that disability folks will only get checks!

GLAD THAT MILLONS OF YOU WILL BE HAPPY TO SEE IT

IN YOUR ACCOUNTS THIS MORNING!  🙂

I do hope that all of you will post on here as you get it, as many

have worried about it, based on what one person was ranting

about in this forum.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

@JohnS96203 wrote:

I AM ON DISABILITY, HAVE NOT FILED A TAX RETURN  IN YEARS,

AND HAVE RECEIVED MY DIRECT DEPOSIT STIMULUS THIS 

MORNING!

Do not let others tell you that disability folks will only get checks!

GLAD THAT MILLONS OF YOU WILL BE HAPPY TO SEE IT

IN YOUR ACCOUNTS THIS MORNING!  🙂

I do hope that all of you will post on here as you get it, as many

have worried about it, based on what one person was ranting

about in this forum.

Wondering why on the other aarp forum board on the stimulus checks, those on SSDI and some also on SSI are questioning why theirs were not dd on 4/29.  (Maybe bc they are getting a check).   It now states that non-filers SSI will receive by early MAY.  So it changes constantly.  So not sure why many others are asking why if they are on SSDI, and SSI and have not filed taxes theirs were not dd on 4/29.  (Maybe, just maybe bc they are getting checks.)  No good reason mine was not dd so rather than have people get stressed out who did NOT get dd on 4/29, its letting them know they may get a check, so there is the real fact that they wil get it one way or another.  If they did not get it dd, then they very well may be getting a check otherwise why would it now say that non-filers getting SSI will see theirs in early May?

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Received my Stimulus $1200 @ 3:44 A.M. This morning. Anyone not get that were supposed to? 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Several of my family members got their checks this morning. We keep each other updated. I did not and I can't find a topic to address my situation. I entered my banking information two days ago. It told me I was eligible and it would be deposited but did not give a date.

P.S. I hesitated to put my concerns as someone named Annemarie blasted me on one of my questions, talked mean and used profanity. I did not think that was allowed in these sites.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP