Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Stimulus Check when you have Social Security Deposit every month

Periodic Contributor

Stimulus Check when you have Social Security Deposit every month

I did not get my stimulus check deposited in my accout as stated it would be. I went on the IRS site and the response was they had no information for direct deposit!  Well you have been depositing my SS check every month in my checking account, did you check there??? I filed a federal return and owed some money, but have not paid yet because of the extension. I filled out the form on the website for the stimlus check  along with the bank info they asked for, so that was yesterday, we will see, but not all of us  on SS are not automatically receving the check in our account as stated. You would think we would get ours first!

Susan Sheppard
Trusted Contributor

No, they do not have to be lying to you.  I do not think they realized the massive task it would take and suddenly decided that people collecting SSDI would get checks bc it is easier for the Treasury who already have our addresses from prior tax forms to just mail them to us than have to interact and get every what, maybe five million, people's banking information.

Let's hope you did not move from the last time you filed your taxes BECAUSE GUESS WHAT, IT WILL BE GOING TO THE WRONG ADDRESS AND IT WILL TAKE YOU EVEN LONGER BEFORE YOU SEE ANY MONEY.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Tim/ others disability

Wait and see if you get DD, I have not filed tax returns in years,

and am on it. I expect a DD wednesday 4/29 and will report if I do.

The Paper check vs DD can be answered in ten short hours, as

my DD's are usually available at 2AM. (MST)

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Did the Get My Payment site tell you that it would be dd or are you assuming. When I first checked on 4/24 all it said was I requested direct deposit, nothing else. Then they had it down for a few hours and updated and I check again and this time it said. I would be getting a paper check mailed out to me on May 1st, 2020. That has not changed. Even today, it said the same thing.

If you are getting dd, that Get My Payment would be telling you that you would get dd and also show the last four digits of whatever account you get your benefits.

I was expecting it to be dd bc that is what the IRS site said and it said we need not to anything else.

So go tot he Get My Payment site and see what it says once you put in your information. Good luck.
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

DUH.  It stated the same thing when I read it, but it is NOT WHAT IS HAPPENING.  If you ONLY get SSDI (and it does not matter if you get that dd), and if you have NOT filed taxes in two years,  YOU ARE GETTING A PAPER CHECK.

You will see and I would love to you to get back on and admit it.

THAT I WAS RIGHT.  

0 Kudos

You get your stimulus impact check automatically deposited in your bank account even if you haven't filed taxes in two years. 

The only ones that get a check in the mail for the stimulus impact check are the ones that either don't have a direct deposit account  (homeless people) or somebody that's working and doesn't have direct deposit with the IRS. Everybody else gets theirs direct deposited.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Not true. It does not matter what it says on the IRS site. It said that for those of us collecting SS, SSI or SSDI would receive our money the same way we receive our benefits and we did not have to do anything else.

So it appears that people on SS are getting it dd today. But for those of us on SSDI, (although we were told the same thing on the IRS site) and I have had dd in the two and half years from the start of my SSDI, I am getting a paper check mailed out tomorrow. It has said that since 4/25 (after they updated it). Before that it only said I REQUESTED dd.

But although I have had the same checking account since I was 20 and have gotten my SSDI backpay and every payment DD, I am not getting it dd into my checking.

I checked...the money is not there so I am getting a paper check mailed out tomorrow as it states on the Get my Payment.

If someone is on SSDI and has filed taxes in 2018 or 2019, they may get it dd.

But I have not filed taxes since 2017 and I am on SSDI ONLY and am getting a paper check even though it still states on the IRS site that I would be getting it dd, I AM NOT.

So you are wrong in posting that because that is not what is happening with the SSDI people. And I have been living in the same apt. for 20 years, have the same checking account since I was 20.

So you are posting information that is incorrect. Doesn't matter what the IRS site says if I am getting a paper check and my money was not in there, even thought I did not expect it to be bc I got the information that I am getting a paper check.

So you are wrong.
0 Kudos
Contributor

"If you are getting SSDI, you will NOT be getting it dd."

Is this something you KNOW or something you think?

What are you basing this on?

Where on the IRS's web site does it state that everyone who gets SSDI will get a paper check?
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Dont expect dd. I get ssdi also. I got informed that I am getting a paper check mailed out on May 1, 2020 to the address they have on file. I have been on SSDI for three years and have had it dd from the beginning.

It seems only those that are getting SS are getting it dd, but those of us on SSDI are getting paper checks mailed to us.
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I too have had problems, as if I am entering something wrong.

I am SSDI as well, and I see many reports from sites,

that they are direct depositing on 4/30 those they

can, and sending checks dated 5/1, to those

without DD info.  I hope you and I both are included

in the DD groups, regardless of the problems we ar

encountering with the "get my payment".

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I am on SSDI for three years now. Regardless of what they said, you will be getting a paper check like me. It told me a check will be MAILED OUT on 5/1/2020 using the last known address they have for me. Try again tomorrow. But do not expect dd..it seems only those on SS are getting it that way. SSDI are getting paper checks.
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

I just checked to see what mine shows since I gave them my DD information a few days ago. Here is what it shows. Click on, tap and/or activate (AARPActivateEnlarge.jpg) image to enlarge it.

StimulasPaymentDD.jpg

Trusted Contributor

It started working for the first time in 20 tries around midnight last night. I am to receive DD on 29th of Apr. I did for another person and same thing except to their bank account number. Everyone on SSA should have the date check or DD is going to go. If you have SSI instead of SS you might have a check sent instead. I am getting it into bank this coming week. Get My Payment gave no info this past 3 weeks until last night when updated by IRS. Hope you get your soon too.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Mine is suppose to be DD on April 30th.
Contributor

My disabled daughter and myself both got the notice that our checks will be dd on April 29  yeah

Periodic Contributor

On social security disabilty, by direct deposit.  "Get my Payment" does now give me a message

as that your information as, does not match what is on file.  This is different now, than yesterday

that said can not verify you are in the system.  I do think, you must enter your address exactly

as social security has it (I was not case sensitive) and found my address was in all caps on "my

social security".  I hope I am in the group that say they will get that deposit on Wednesday 4/29.

I will try the "Get my payment" again in 24 hours, as apparently I am now locked out from not

entering the correct info, as social security has it. Previous posts around the internet say don't

use symbols either, as #2, instead of Apt 2.  I hope this helps the frustrated posters.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Those of us getting SSDI will be getting a paper check. And the IRS is going to go by the address they have on file for you so hopefully you have not moved since you last filed taxes. The ones receiving SS are receiving it by dd. SSDI are getting it via paper check which is not what they told us, but it is what is going on. Mine is being mailed out on 5/1/2020 and luckily I am at same address since I last filed in 2017.
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

GM Everyone.

Pray this finds you all doing well and staying healthy and safe?!

I had to jump in on this discussion.

I receive SS and SSDI... I didn't file in 2018 nor in 2019 because I don't make enough to file and I don't have dependants. It's just me.

I'm assuming the IRS and SS are working together because the stimulus check will go into my acct. tomorrow. No paper check to wait for.

I pray it works out this way for all of you who are waiting for it.

Have a Blessed day and please take care and stay safe!! HeartSmiley Happy

Smiles...

It broke my heart to lose you but you didn't go alone, for part of me went with you the day God took you home!!
Trusted Contributor

Are you sure your are NOT getting SSI?
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Craft posted-I receive SS and SSDI... I didn't file in 2018 nor in 2019 because I don't make enough to file and I don't have dependants. It's just me.

I'm assuming the IRS and SS are working together because the stimulus check will go into my acct. tomorrow. No paper check to wait for-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------My wife and I got our stimulus 2 weeks ago through direct deposit. I assumed it was through IRS because both of ours were lumped together in one sum ($2400). We get our SS deposit seperately and at different times. Yesterday I got  a letter from the IRS and I thought ,Oh No , I`m  going to owe more taxes .Instead it said,that our stimulus had been sent out and hope we enjoy it and use it to improve the economy. It was form letter and signed by Donald Trump. Just an FYI for those who are interested.

Trusted Contributor

You ONLY got dd because you were getting SS benefits also. If you were just getting ONLY SSDI benefits, then you would be getting a paper check regardless. That is the difference.

And the IRS states that after you got your money within three weeks after, a letter from the IRS will be sent to confirm that you received it and if someone has any problems (One man only had $145.00) deposit into his account, there will be a phone number to call about the problem so everyone will be getting that letter.

Unfortunately those that are getting SSDI and have not filed taxes and have moved, it will be a few weeks longer because the IRS is going through the last address they have on file for you. So if you moved, it is going to the wrong address.
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

You are receiving SSI, NOT SS. correct? It is very rare for a person to get SS benefits and SSDI benefits at the same time with this ONE exception. Are you sure you are getting SS? If so , you are only able to collect both with the following caveat: "Early Retirement Exception
The only exception is for an individual who took early retirement through Social Security, which is possible at 62, before being approved for disability benefits.?:"
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Thank you for sharing your message with us.

Have a blessed day to you and yours!!

Smiles...

It broke my heart to lose you but you didn't go alone, for part of me went with you the day God took you home!!
Trusted Contributor

You get it dd because you are also collecting SS. SS recipients all seem to be getting it DD. Those of us on SSDI WHO HAVE NOT FILED TAXES in 2018 and 2019 ARE GETTING PAPER CHECKS.

You think with the over 100 million checks they have to send out, they are going to go searching for every person's info.

You got it dd because you are also getting SS. I have no idea why the IRS decided to do it this way REGARDLESS OF WHAT THEY FIRST TOLD US.

So if you get SS, you get it dd. If you only get SSDI and did not file taxes, you are getting a paper check.

It also stated THAT ALL WHO RECEIVE MONEY will be getting a letter within 15 days of when payment was made to confirm there are no problems. If you got less or there was an error, info will be on there who to contact.

But if you are getting a paper check and have moved since your last filed taxes, that does not help because they will be sending the letter to the same address they mailed the check.
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I thought you either get Social security or social security disability,

you can't get both.  When you reach retirement age for your year

of birth, social security disability automatically converts to 

social security.

We will find out wednesday as direct deposits "hit" your accounts,

and mine.

Blogs can be helpfull to get information, but they can also be like

the posedian adventure movie, Lots say we must go down to be

rescued, few say go up. You know how that turned out.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

He is probably getting SSI. Not SS. (This is from the SSA site). "In some circumstances, you can receive both Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits at the same time. ... To receive concurrent benefits, you must be approved for SSDI, but receive low monthly payments through the program."
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

BTW.. I have Direct Express...

Be safe!!
Trusted Contributor

Not sure if I applied to you already but it does not matter.  I typed in Apt., not a symbol.

Yesterday it said "I stated that I wanted direct deposit"  and then today (bc I read yesterday it was down for a couple of hours) that they updated it.

They originally said however you get your SSDI benefits given to you now (I have dd from beginning) that the payment would be the same way.

They were supposed to use our SSA-1099s but I was a bit confused by that since when I got mine in January, it only stated my ss number and how much SSDI was paid out to my last year and it had no banking information on it.

So since it had no banking information on it, I went on this morning and now it tells me THAT I WILL HAVE A CHECK MAILED TO ME ON 5/1/2020.  And they will use the last address information that they had on you.  The last time I filed was for 2017 and even though I have not moved, I wanted to make sure I had my apt. number on the last tax form I did which I do.

Because I live in Brooklyn and in NY the virus has struck here hard, we have different mail people every day and I have been getting others mail in my box since our regular guy is not doing our building for now.

I just hope if someone else in my building gets it in their box, that they have the decency to put under my door.  I always do that.

But I wish they could have done direct deposit, because I dont drive, have no family or friends that live in Brooklyn, we are mandated to have to wear masks in any stores or public transportation and because I have advanced breast cancer in my lungs and am on so many meds, I am terrified to catch the virus.

So now I will have to go to the bank and deposit since I also do not have a cell phone (I use a landline) so I can't even just take a photo and deposit it.

Oh well, I guess the first of that money will be spent on car service.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

If you are typing this it means you are on some sort of device. If you can take a picture of check you might be able to save as then forward it to your bank. If you are able to call your bank. I would see if they would take a check number or whatever number is on the check to deposit it into your account. On-line banking might be able to do this also. I check my account daily to see what deposits or payments made via debit card or checks. If so they might have an option to put your check into bank from on-line banking. I think I only used that once years ago. If you have no on-line banking how do you know what you have in such a bank? You either call or on-line to find out. Contact your bank before hitching a ride to see if they will deposit it into your account. 

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I have an account online. I can check my balance and see what deposits were made or how much money I have or if something I ordered posted yet. Not the same thing as having it on the phone.

But bc I do not have a Chase near me, I had to walk five blocks to a small candy store wait for the three people to leave the store so that I could go in and use the ATM. The candy store ATM charges $2.00 and I stupidly assumed Chase would not charge me the $2.50 fee that they normally charge for NOT using an ATM during this time. I heard that on the news.

The other day I looked and saw they charged me six times for the $2.50 fee and I was sure.

I went onto my online account where there is a secure message board and I wrote them a scathing email that I lived in NY and we were ordered to stay inside unless absolutely necessary and that I do not drive nor have anyone to drive me and there was no Chase near me and I was disgusted that Chase would continue to charge people in NY when we have no choice and that I and others would not forget how Chase acted during this crisis.

It made me feel better and a day later I got an answer that they were refunding me all my charges they charged to me which was $17.00. So that made me feel good.
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Yes, I am the one with no cell phone.  I still have a landline and use a PC.  People are shocked when they learn how I live with out a cell phone.  But not married, no kids, so no need for one.

And you don't miss what you never heard.  The reality is though that here in NY we will be living different for many more months, so I have to learn to adjust.

I will just have to put my mask and gloves on and stand and wait for the bus (they don't charge us but we have to use back door.) and then deposit it into ATM.

I have friends that are terrified to leave their homes.  But I already have cancer, and this is not going to go away any time soon so I have to learn how to adjust and get over my fears.

We HAVE to wear masks.  To go into stores, in apt. buildings, on any public transportation.  And toilet paper is now a luxury here in NY.  Masks are going for $7 by the lousy people who are trying to make money off of this tragedy but the police are going after them hard.  

Who would have thought that dating someone who works at Rite Aid, Walgreens or Duane Reade would be better than dating a stockbroker these days:)

Unforunately, I see some states are already opening up like GA and FL.  So bad.  WIth us, it started with ONE man in NY in his 40s who had NOT traveled outside the country.  One man, then they tested his family, a funeral he had been at two weeks before, his childs school and then all them people tested postive.  In 26 days, we had thousands of people getting very sick and dying.  It was scary how fast it was and is.

So although glad to get the check, there are millions of people that lose their jobs, UE has not even kicked in for them yet, so they are cash poor and the pantries are running out of food.

I dont live a life of luxury obviously on a fixed income, but I will donate some to the pantries.  There are  millions of people who cannot feed their children.

So I have friends that are ove the top terrified to even leave their homes, leave their mail out in the yard for 3 days before they open it.

So my reality is that this is life in NY for now and for months to come and I will not let the fear override me bc you can easily do that.

I will go the bank on the bus when I get my check and have my mask and gloves on and maybe, just maybe, it will be my lucky day and the Walgreens next door will have Lysol wipes (but unlikely).

Thank you all for responding and I just want people to remember why we are getting these checks.  Its been two months for NY now and I dont remember what it feels like to just walk outside and go into a store anymore.

I am glad to just get it so its a check its a check.  There are worse things in life.  I was hoping it would be dd, but that is okay.  Brooklyn is very congested so its an odd feeling if you walk outside and people see you coming and either you or them go into the street because you don't want to be within six feet of them.  It feels surreal but its our reality for now. 

I just need to be extra careful.  I cant stay in my apt.  The walls are closing in.  We adaped to a new life style after 9/11 and we will adapt to this new lifestyle.  People will not be shaking hands or hugging.  Everything will change so its just learning to adapt.

Thanks everyone for your kind suggestions.  My landline is fine for me.  I still use an ipod LOL...

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP