Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

What is your favorite Christmas song?

Retired Community Manager

What is your favorite Christmas song?

It's that time of year--the decorations come out, shoppers increase, and you hear Christmas music everywhere.

So...what's your favorite Christmas song?

Honored Social Butterfly

The Christmas Shoes by NewSong. The story of the little boy trying to buy his dying Mother a new pair of shoes on Christmas Eve. He doesn't have enough money so the man in line behind him steps up and pays for them. It shows the true meaning of Christmas to me. Watch the video on YouTube, you'll be crying before it's over

MERRY CHRISTMAS ONE AND ALL!  
โ›„๏ธ๐ŸŽ„๐Ÿคถ๐Ÿป๐ŸŽ

Regular Contributor

Bobby Helms-Jingle Bell Rock

Periodic Contributor

My favorite is "Christmas ( Baby, Please Come Home )" by Darlene Love. Especially this year; my brother died in June, and now there is only my mother and I. Darlene Love (center), with her group The Blossoms.Darlene Love (center), with her group The Blossoms.

Honored Social Butterfly

Snoopy's Christmas by the Royal Guardsmen

My husband passed last year. He wasn't a fan of most Christmas music but he loved this song. Everytime I hear it, I know he's still watching over us

Honored Social Butterfly

Feliz Navidad by Jose Feliciano. A staple on my Christmas playlist

0 Kudos
Contributor

The People Who Walk in Darkness by Bob Dufford of the Saint Louis Jesuits. From the album Gentle Night. On you tube.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=%23&ved=2ahUKEwiRuPrd08bmAhWSpp4KHRa2AtIQ8DUwAn...

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Really enjoy Josh Grobans Christmas music. His voice is so perfect for those songs. My fav by him is "Believe"

Contributor

Santa Claus Go Straight To The Ghetto by James Brown

0 Kudos
Contributor

My favorite Christmas song is I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day.

It talks about war and injustice but in the end peace will prevail.

0 Kudos
Contributor

O holy night

Silent night

Little drummer boy

Carol of the bells

Hallelujah chorus

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

my favorite song is from that Pentatonix group called "thats Christmas to me" i like other songs too like the one from Collin Raye the one he sings with his daughter "away in a manger" but that's christmas to me has become my favorite.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

my favorite song is from that Pentatonix group called "that's Christmas to me" i like most songs especially the one from Collin Raye he sings with his daughter "away in a manger" but Pentatonix song has become my favorite!

@VickiM68 wrote:

It's that time of year--the decorations come out, shoppers increase, and you hear Christmas music everywhere.

So...what's your favorite Christmas song?

0 Kudos

Baby Jesus, Whitney Houston. 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

My mom always bought me the novelty songs of the 50's and 60's. Some still play happily this time of the year. 

I'm Gettin Nothing for Christmas

How Much Is that Doggie for Christmas

I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus

Rockin Around the Christmas Tree

Have A Holly, Jolly Christmas

All I Want for Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

My very favorite songs are Silent Night(the rendition of that song by Mannheim Steamroller is awesome!!), Away In A Manger, and Do You Hear What I Hear.

Regular Contributor

I forgot to add Mary Do You Know? by Kenny Rogers

Honored Social Butterfly

A holly jolly Christmas by Burl Ives 

Honored Social Butterfly

Teddi's Song (When Christmas comes) by John Mellencamp

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

My favorite version of this classic  . . . 

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas - Eric Clapton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5WuoPZ7Cn0

โ€œWhen the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.โ€ - Jimi Hendrix
Silver Conversationalist

Christmas Time by Bryan Adams 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I love Johnny Mathis Christmas music. My Mom would put him on during the season at night after I went to bed while she did her Christmas stuff. I fell asleep listening and loved it so much. My favorite by him is "Sleigh Ride"

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I have several favorite Christmas songs, the first being "Little Drummer Boy."  I also love "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas", although it is king of melancholic, and another, "I'll Be Home for Christmas."  And of course, "White Christmas." and  "The Christmas Song" (Chestnuts roasting on an open fire).   Oh Heck, there are just so many great Christmas songs, who can just stop at one?

Honored Social Butterfly

It's the most wonderful time of the year by Andy Williams. He sings it the best imo

Honored Social Butterfly

You Make It Feel Like Christmas - Gwen Stefani, ft Blake Shelton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA4STm4hx7Q

โ€œWhen the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.โ€ - Jimi Hendrix
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Rockin' around the Christmas tree by Brenda Lee. No one else sings it like her

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I just finished reading Stories Behind The Best Loved Christmas Songs by Ace Collins. This book added so much meaning to our favorite songs. The man that wrote Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer wrote it because his wife was dying of cancer and all their money went for medial bills. They lost their home and were living in the slums. They had nothing to give their young daughter for Christmas, so he wrote a book for her Christmas gift.  This sad beginning turns into a true miracle when the book is turned into a song and becomes the second most popular song ever recorded, after White Christmas.

He gives the background on 31 songs, believe me you will never listen to these songs again without thinking of their true meaning. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@CherylR914199 wrote:

I just finished reading Stories Behind The Best Loved Christmas Songs by Ace Collins. This book added so much meaning to our favorite songs. The man that wrote Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer wrote it because his wife was dying of cancer and all their money went for medial bills. They lost their home and were living in the slums. They had nothing to give their young daughter for Christmas, so he wrote a book for her Christmas gift.  This sad beginning turns into a true miracle when the book is turned into a song and becomes the second most popular song ever recorded, after White Christmas.

He gives the background on 31 songs, believe me you will never listen to these songs again without thinking of their true meaning. 

That's a beautiful story. Thanks for sharing.

Kudos
Views

Dean Martin's version of "It's Cold Outside"

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Ding dong merrily on high by Roger Whittaker. His beautiful, rich voice is a treat to hear

Periodic Contributor

Merry Xmas Trans Siberian Orchestra and Little Drummer Boy by David Bowie and Bing Crosby

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP