Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist

Re: What Songs Would You Retire?

Message 21 of 126

I'd retire all Rap, although I don't consider it music.  I realize "to each his own" but I feel sorry for those who consider that music and who haven't been exposed to the real thing.

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Message 22 of 126
nyadrn: Fun topic! I've been checking for new replies a couple of times a day/evening. I'm loving the comments. Thanks for starting the thread! -- Patricia
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 23 of 126

80's disco

"Music can change the world because it can change people." - Bono
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 24 of 126

@wmslc1961 wrote:

How is They're Coming to Take Me Away (ha ha),  politically incorrect? It's just a song!

It was heavily criticized for making light of mental illness, and many stations quit playing it for that reason.

"Music can change the world because it can change people." - Bono
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Message 25 of 126

Although I love Boston and feel like a traitor, I have to nominate Sweet Caroline sung by Neil Diamond and anyone else. I never could stand that song and during baseball season it is ubiquitous in Boston. Hate. That. Song.

Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 26 of 126

Oh, my, yes. And every other Bobby Goldsboro song. Remember (gag) "See the Funny Little Clown" and "Watching Scotty Grow"?

Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Message 27 of 126

an1532 -- the Bobby Goldsboro song was "Honey." I agree, that song should heve been killed before it was written.

Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 28 of 126

I liked Journey's "Wheel in the Sky." Other than that, I completely agree with all of InsertCleverNameHere's selections, and I'd add anything by Christopher Cross or Olivia Newton John. 

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Message 29 of 126

You Light Up My Life by Debbie Boone makes me want to hurl myself off a bridge.  Ditto Billy Don't Be a Hero, Tie a Yellow Ribbon, and The Night Chicago Died.  Also, anything by Air Supply or Journey will have me retching within nanoseconds.

Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Message 30 of 126

Gilbert O'Sullivan's "Alone Again Naturally" is a real downer. I change the station every time it is played.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards.

Solve your favorite crosswords on AARP Games to earn AARP Rewards points. Try your hand at the Daily Crossword, the Mini Crossword, and Let’s Crossword, the new member game you can play with family and friends. Play Now.

Top Authors