CLOSE ×

Search

Birthdays, Deaths and other announcements

Honored Social Butterfly

Birthdays, Deaths and other announcements

Bob Dylan was 79 on 5/24

Stevie Nicks is 72 today 5/26

Regular Contributor

Wow. Glen Matlock is 65? And I remember when he was still snotty behind the ears. Happy Birthday Glen! Thanx for all the fun & trouble I got into as a wayward youth with your music blaring in the background. Another "Soundtrack of My Life" band. Many happy returns, sharonthedyslexicmess.

Sharon R Wolfe
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Aug 26

Vic Dana.               81

Valerie Simpson   76

(Ashford & Simpson)

Bob Cowsill           72

Jimmy Olander.    60

(Diamond Rio)

Shirley Manson.    55

(Garbage)

Dan Vickrey.           55

(Counting Crows)

Adrian Young.        52

(No Doubt)

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Aug 25

Walter Williams.       78

(O'Jays)

Henry Paul.               72

(Outlaws)

Gene Simmons.       72

(Kiss)

Rob Halford.             70

(Judas Priest)

Geoff Downes.         69

(Asia)

Elvis Costello.           67

Billy Ray Cyrus.         60

Vivian Campbell.      59

(Dec Leppard)

Regular Contributor

Hard to believe 3 of my early musical idols, Simmons, Halford, & Costello will be 72, 70, & 67 tomorrow. That used to seem so old to me once-upon-a-time. Not so much these days. Blessed Be the Birthday Boys, & many happy returns!

Sharon R Wolfe
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Just in- Charlie Watts of the Stones died

this morning at age 80. Unsure of cause

of death. RIP Charlie in Rocker Heaven

🎼🙏💜

Social Butterfly

That’s a huge loss. Only a handful of people are true icons and he was one. Keith Richards just posted this picture. 

E3ADF012-B5B9-4A15-A747-A9271BFC93CB.jpeg

Regular Contributor

Awww. That hurts.

Sharon R Wolfe
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Aw no, not again! Just when u think things couldn't possibly get worse - when u find yrself actually praying for the Reaper to take even one afternoon off, to just go home early today & forget about us for a little while, another giant lays his greatness down one last time...only to find he's not really that sleepy, & so heads out to the local pub w/his mate, Grim, for a pint or two before retiring, then never returns. This is my 1st hearing of Mr. Watts' passing, so I know nothing re his cause of death, but my personal sentiment is that he wouldn't have made it to the age he did w/o his music. Some ppl have so much rhythm in their bones, they have no choice but to let it out for all the world to experience. They live to play & oft die that way, essentially pursuing both one's calling & one's bliss; which, if done successfully, can make one a very famous-yet-content person. I mean, if they weren't enjoying at least some part of their lifetimes as musicians, they could've retired any time over the past several decades & sat on their laurels for the duration, living off royalties, guest talk spots, & residuals. It wouldn't have made them any less popular or prolific, their catalog of musical offerings to the world is quite substantial & guaranteed memorable. Charlie Watts, as a man & a member of his notorious band, will be forever loved & admired by his fam & his fans. Currently, my household is mourning more loss simultaneously - of close family members, near & dear friends, multiple former bandmates, plus lifelong musical idols - than we've ever had to deal with at any one point in time. We seem, as of late, to be in a perpetual state of mourning which gets overwhelming real fast, I'll tell u. But that's not good ol' Charlie's problem, he's beyond all bothers of the living now. My sincerest condolences to his family, bandmates, friends, & fans planet-wide. May he rest in peace 'cause he's earned it, & rock in peace 'cause he can. Straight up, Charlie was The Man. And what a legacy this one man left behind! Blessed Be He.

Sharon R Wolfe
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I agree. It’s all too much sometimes 😢

Honored Social Butterfly

Oh no, how sad. I just read an article yesterday about him. He had a procedure and was recovering at home. Seemed to be doing okay. They didn’t say what type of procedure, but did say he would require a lot of rest and would not be able to tour with the band this fall. RIP, Charlie. 

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
Honored Social Butterfly

Another legend lost

Honored Social Butterfly

Aug 24

Mason Williams.        83

Marshall Thompson  79

(Chi-Lites)

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Aug 23

Linda Thompson.   74

Woody Paul.            72

(Riders In The Sky)

Rick Springfield.      72

Dean DeLeo.            60

(Stone Temple Pilots)

Ira Dean.                   52

(Trick Pony)

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Don Everly passed away yesterday at the age

of 84 💜🎼

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I used to sing, "Bye-Bye Love," & "Wake Up, Little Susie" as a toddler to my parents, little friends, toys, anything that would sit still long enough to listen. How do I know? Mom thought it so cute she never let me live it down! Yes indeed, a mother's love is even strong enough to distort soundwaves, for in all truthfulness, I prob sounded more like Mushmouth from Fat Albert that either of the Everly Bros back then, seeing as I was still too young to pronounce my words properly (baby teeth). I know death as the Big Inevitable, but acceptance of this is another thing entirely. The Brothers are no more, & never again will we hear their sweet voices weave shiver-inducing harmonies that once upon a time, could quite literally make us weak in the knees, prompting even the most tone-deaf among us to cheer them on while joining in song. We still have their recordings, those that haven't already been lost, but as years pass, fewer will remain in circulation. The world has lost yet another incredible artist with an instantly recognizeable, exceptional voice. But it will be a very long time before the outstanding musical legacy, regardless of personal issues, of Phil & Don, the Everly Brothers is forgotten. My beliefs are my own, I won't bore you with those, but I'd like to think in some manner, the Boys are true brothers again, playing, working, fishing, swimming, arms over shoulders in familial camaraderie, their brotherly love no longer tainted by industry pressures, impossible deadlines, & outside forces beyond their control. Yes they made the big-time, and deservedly so, but in many ways at the expense of their relationship. If there ever is a family reunion in whatever their vision of heaven might be, may all be forgiven. May Phil's fam join w/Don's, ancestors rocking the children, while all who had a hand in creating these two amazing men gather round while they entertain their long-lost relatives w/a few simple tunes of love, salvation, & heartfelt reconciliation. And when they're ready, not when some record exec tells them they can, they'll set their guitars down for a rest, & head on dn twd the shade trees together, to watch the water roll by and partake of the scrumptious picnic awaiting them at the Everly Family Homecoming Celebration. Rest in Peace 'cause u've earned it, & Rock in Peace when the Spirit moves u. Blessed Be, Isaac Donald Everly.

Sharon R Wolfe
Honored Social Butterfly

Aug 22

David Marks.          73

(Beach Boys)

Roland Orzabal      60

(Tears For Fears)

Debbie Peterson.   60

(Bangles)

Tori Amos.              58

James DeBarge.    58

Paul Doucette.       49

(Match Box Twenty)

Howie Dorough.    48

(Backstreet Boys)

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Aug 21

Jackie DeShannon.      80

Carl Giammarese.        74

(Buckinghams)

Glenn Hughes.              69

(Deep Purple & Black Sabbath)

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Aug 20

Jimmy Pankow.     74

(Chicago)

Robert Plant.          73

(Led Zeppelin)

John Hiatt.             69

Fred Durst.             51

(Limp Bizkit)

Demi Lovato.         29

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Aug 19

Bob Kuban.           81

Billy J Kramer.      78

Ian Gillan.              76

(Deep Purple)

Susan Jacks.        73

(Poppy Family)

Elliot Lurie.            73

(Looking Glass!

John Deacon.       70

(Queen)

Ivan Neville.           62

Lee Ann Womack  55

Regular Contributor

Happy Birthday bassist John Deacon! We love you! Queen has reigned atop my faves list since 1976. Altho I could never hold a candle to his amazing talent, Freddie Mercury was the key inspiration for my becoming a musician/singer-songwriter. 🎂

Sharon R Wolfe
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Aug 18

Maxine Brown.      82

Sarah Dash.           76

(LaBelle)

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Aug 17

Garry Talley.          74

(Box Tops)

Kevin Rowland.    68

(Dexy's Midnight Runners)

Belinda Carlisle.   63

Gilby Clarke.          59

(Guns N Roses)

Steve Gorman.      56

(Black Crowes)

Donnie Wahlburg  52

(New Kids)

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Aug 16

Kerry Lester.            87

J T Taylor.                68

Tim Farriss.             64

(INXS)

Madonna.                63

Emily Robison.        49

(Dixie Chicks)

Vanessa Carlton.    41

Taylor Goldsmith.   36

(Dawes)

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Aug 15

Johnny Thunder      89

Pete York.                 79

(Spencer Davis Group)

Jimmy Webb.           75

Tom Johnston.         73

(Doobie Brothers)

Honored Social Butterfly

Aug 14

Dash Crofts.         83

David Crosby.       80

Steve Martin.        76

Larry Graham.       75

(Family Stone)

Sarah Brightman.  61

Kevin Codogan.     52

(Third Eye Blind)

Honored Social Butterfly

Robert Plant announces new album with Alison Krause. The first single, Can't Let Go has been released (see link or on YT). The new album, Raise The Roof will be released in November. Their previous collaboration was Raising Sand in 2007. They plan to tour together in 2022.

https://www.loudersound.com/news/robert-plant-to-release-new-album-with-alison-krauss-raise-the-roof

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Aug 13

Dave "Baby" Cortez.     83

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Aug 12

Mark Knopfler.       72

(Dire Straits)

Kid Creole.              71

Pat Metheny.          67

Roy Hay.                  60

(Culture Club)

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Aug 11

Kenny Gamble.        78

Jim Kale.                  78

(Guess Who)

John Conlee.           75

Eric Carmen.           72

Joe Jackson.          67

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Aug 10

Ronnie Spector.        78

(Ronettes)

Ian Anderson.           74

(Jethro Tull)

Gene Johnson.         72

(Diamond Rio)

Patti Austin.              71

Jon Farriss.               60

(INXS)

Neneh Cherry.           57

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP