It’s Brain Health Awareness Month! Check out Staying Sharp and its new features designed to support brain health.

Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP Sweepstakes

Message 1 of 35

Yes you are supposed to only be able to win 3 auctions in certain period but doesn’t appear that is the case. Another member mentioned to me in April she saw this happening. Of course, my personal conspiracy theory is that they have started making up the names when they changed the way it’s reported. Also I didn’t even see my friend’s name  listed for the target egift card auction won. Hope someday they will create a user panel or board and listen to the moderators here.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 35

I been keeping track of winners and there seems to be certain people that win constantly. What are the odds. There is something fishy here.

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 35

@Gbotts 

You bet

Reviewed your profile you've been around awhile also but new to community so

Welcome to our Community! 

Look forward to hearing more from you and hopefully about your win soon 

Have a great weekend! 

Ginger : ) 

"May your troubles be less....your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door" : )
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 35
Thanks for giving me a little hope.
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 35

@Gbotts 

Hey G

I'd hit button again so you may not have read all or any of my 2nd post

Yes was shocking when won reckon been entering couple years then won & the 1st 2 on lists I won 2 weeks apart which was shocking

I myself like going to closed Sweeps reading folks who win and where located if you check this out can see comes from all areas and always excites me see folks from NC & MS win along with being from areas I've been to in my lifetime

So its all matter of luck and I feel its an honest program What does R4G stand to gain if isn't? All its ever costed me is my time doing quizzes & entering So feel its worth my time 

We'd have no chances to win anything or get Daily Deals without R4G program which is benefit to being a AARP member & personally I'm very grateful for the opportunities and for this Community truly a blessing to me 

Good luck maybe your win is coming soon 

"May your troubles be less....your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door" : )
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 35

Remarkable. I have been playing regularly for years and have never won one thing. Makes me wonder if I’m doing something wrong or if multiple entries don’t get counted. But you have won so I guess it’s a fair and genuine sweepstakes. Most odd though to have such impossible odds for small gift cards. 

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 35

@RussellP197074 

Hit wrong button 

Anyway I feel if win anything its good since its using points earned Way I look at it since I also try win Daily Deals which a $5 Gift card will cost 500 points Doing Sweepstakes the small ones usually go 8 days which get 1 entry free use 49 more for total of 392 points costs to win ones as I've won Sure play alot don't win but its just points which I benefit  from doing quizzes So I feel its worth the effort and points since R4G gives them to us To me its all a bonus to our membership Also I play $10- $20 lotto scratch offs a week which cost money & win what spend at times not nothing big

So I guess its for each person what they feel is worth their time to do 

You may win one with only each days free point given its all luck of draw 

I used to do them all but no longer enter ones of no interest or no locations in my area 

Its exciting to win anything to me who knows how long b4 win again or if ever win big one but sure be nice and you can't win if don't enter that's for certain

Good luck 

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 35

@RussellP197074 

Hi Russell

I've won 4 Sweeps in my time in entering them

Won:

$15 Shell GC with 98 entries 

$10 Chick Filet GC with 298 entries 

$15 Macy GC with 344 entries 

$5 Target GC with 394 entries 

I use points for ones interested some are useless in my area if don't have businesses near me & such

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 35

No, I've always purchased extra entries with AARP points earned though answering their quiz questionaires. I haven't won that many times, and, when I did, it was usually for a $5 gift card. It's been a long, long time since I've won anything. I'm getting to where I'm wondering if it's worth my time.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 35

I actually did once receive a $25 gift card in the mail by the entry you are given by logging in, without "buying" an entry.

It was about 3 years ago. A very pleasant surprise.

Karen

Kudos
Views