AARP's caregiver resource center can help you navigate your role as a family caregiver. Try it today.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Where do you want to live when you retire?

Message 321 of 346

I lived in Portland for 25 years and loved it. I've been away 7 years and wow it has gotten expensive. I want to be downtown where everything is at my fingertips and transport is so accessible. I am concerned about the cost though. I am wondering how to look for people with great places but who are getting priced out. If we shared it could be a win win. Any ideas?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 322 of 346

Hi,

Where is your home near Flagstaff?  Is it in the mountains?

Phoenix in the winter and Flagstaff in the summer...the best of both worlds.

Good for you!

I like the ocean.....but for now my home is "The Villages, Florida. 

d4ffb19a0748aab1e3659d67e6d4259c.jpg

@Bronco56 wrote:
We are retired and live in Phoenix. The winters are great! For the hot summers we bought a home near Flagstaff. Two hours apart and a lot cooler!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 323 of 346
We are retired and live in Phoenix. The winters are great! For the hot summers we bought a home near Flagstaff. Two hours apart and a lot cooler!
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 324 of 346

I introduced my husband to the Smokies on our honeymoon, and he fell in love with the area, just like I did when I lived in TN.  Anybody know of a small cabin on a little piece of land with a view of the mountains?

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 325 of 346
I want to stay in Naperville and live in Naperville for my retirement . I. Love my city Naperville . From Anne Kimble
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 326 of 346

I'm going to retire in my house.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 327 of 346

We've retired 'in place'. We have been in our one-and-only house for almost 37 years. I would love to have a place out in the Pacific Northwest, but most of our respective families live within an hour's drive. So, we're staying here. We are on a few acres, so I have been indulging in big-time gardening for a lot of years. We'll stay here until we physically cannot handle the property.

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 328 of 346

We are in Pennylvania now but want to go west to ski country and are looking for affordable suggestions.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 329 of 346
Our financial adviser told us, travel where you think you'd like to live, Rv or rent first. Once you make a move, you may be stuck. Some of his clients had bought in other states, after living there a couple years, hated it. Then couldn't sell. You don't want to get stuck. So we are traveling while we can. And after living in the Pacific Northwest rain, we know we don't want to live here. Expensive also. On a lighter note, you have everything in the state of Washington, great place to visit in the summer!
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 330 of 346
Retired & left expensive Maryland to live much more comfortably in Hartwell, Ga.. With temperate climate, low cost of living, great golfing,. & beautiful Lake Hartwell,, Hart County Ga is known as "the best & friendliest little town by a dam site"! -- & that it is!!!
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22