Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Trusted Contributor

Women's Underwear Ads on AARP Rewards

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, they've added more ads with women in bras to the half-dozen or so they already had, and now they have sunk even lower (no pun intended, because this is not a laughing matter) to showing women in underpants. There are also ads for women in bathing suits.  None of these are geared toward women of AARP membership age.  I'm sure the men on AARP are really enjoying seeing all these young women modeling their underclothes.  Does anyone besides me find these ads totally sexist and inappropriate?  

Community Concierge

@ridgeviewfarm Thanks for reaching out. What specific page are you seeing these ads? Can you please provide me with a link to the page where the ads are shown?

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I'm sorry to be a day late replying to you.  By the time I saw your reply yesterday, I had already done my 25 videos for the day.  Here are two pages where, unfortunately, the same bra ad popped up today.  Normally, I would see as many as six different ads, some worse than others, in one day.  These page links don't really prove anything, because the ads are random.  They pop up in different videos on different days.  If you go to these pages, you aren't necessarily going to see the same ad I just saw.  I find it hard to believe that AARP's advertising department is not well aware that these ads exist.  This is a screenshot from the only bra ad I saw today, and this ad is certainly not the most suggestive I have seen on here.  (In its entirety, the video is worse than just one clip.)  bra.JPG

https://videos.aarp.org/detail/video/5376859232001/beginner-yoga-%E2%80%93-mountain-pose

https://videos.aarp.org/detail/video/5402406056001/ease-back-pain-by-stretching

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@ridgeviewfarm  Thanks for bringing these ads to our attention. The rewards team does not control the ads that show up on the videos. We have flagged these ads to the ad team and we can prevent this brand/ad from showing again. 

Trusted Contributor

Thank you!  Let's hope that takes care of the problem.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@ridgeviewfarm You're welcome!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Sounds like you might need an ad blocker.  I don't see ads in the links you posted of the videos.  Most major browsers (Google Chrome, Apple Safari, Firefox, Opera, and Microsoft Edge ) offer one that is free & reliable - you might just need to find it on your extensions.  I think the most common one is AdBlock - 

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Thank you for the suggestion.  However, the fact that I personally am seeing these ads is not the issue.  The issue is the fact that these ads exist on AARP at all.  They are in poor taste for this site, suggestive, and sexist.

Trusted Contributor

I agree with you @ridgeviewfarm that these are not the greatest ads. I don't see them because like @GailL1 mentioned, I have ad blocking. When Chrome changed to the tab grid layout, I changed my primary browser to Brave which automatically blocks ads. Nice to not have to deal with ads before the videos (and saves time)! 

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Thank you for the suggestion.  However, the fact that I personally am seeing these ads is not the issue.  The issue is the fact that these ads exist on AARP at all.  They are in poor taste for this site, suggestive, and sexist.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Bubble Shooter and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP