Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Why is my TOTAL SAVINGs amount increasing $5 daily without redeeming any rewards

Regular Contributor

Why is my TOTAL SAVINGs amount increasing $5 daily without redeeming any rewards

So my rewards home page has started increasing my TOTAL SAVINGS amount by $5 daily without any redemptions being completed.  I do not know when this started but started tracking this week and sure enough it has been raised by $5 each day without any redemptions from the web site.

Why is this happening and what it this number going to be used for; I do not want to receive a tax notice if my 'redemptions' grow past $600 dollars when I have not received the benefit.

Regular Contributor

I see this is happening again, but now it is going up by $10 each day for the past two days without redeeming or winning anything.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

My total savings also going up by $10 for the past 2 days.  In Nov. 2021, the total savings error for me was $30 and never corrected.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SeanK1 @Army49   Thank you, someone else additionally reported this to us and we are currently investing.  We appreciate your letting us know!!

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Where has the investigation gone? What is being done? My Total Savings on the Rewards dashboard is also inconsistent with what the numbers should be.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

@AARPTeri   I was wondering if tech support was able to figure out and fix the duplication of Total Savings?  So far, my savings is $30 higher than it should be.  The issue started right after routine site maintenance.  I hope my total savings can be corrected.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Ever since changes were made to the AARP site, my Total Savings has been duplicated for the past week.  So far, my savings of an extra $30 for my redemptions and purchases has been duplicated.  I hope Admin can address the on going issue.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Why would you get a tax notice? I'm well passed $600 in savings and haven't gotten anything.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I am at $823 but that is in 2 years (and the amount is increasing by $5 daily without my redeeming anything and when I do redeem it goes up by my redemption plus the $5), and income from sites which allow you to purchase gift cards and products are required by law to issue tax forms if the proceeds are $600 and up.  I do not agree with the tax, but it is not up to me - it has also been at $600 for as long as I can remember and should be raised.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

That's only if you win $600 or more, anything lower then that is not taxable.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

It is stated as income of over $600: not winnings of $600 or more.  Same way people who receive tips or gifts that sum above $600 are to claim them as income.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP