Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Trusted Contributor

Terrible IT Department

For a corporation this size, they sure have a lot of problems.  It seems like nearly every day something doesn't work.  Today, not only can I not sort Earn by category, i.e., videos, I can't get past page one.  

Trusted Contributor

AARP not working AGAIN this morning.  Tried it on three devices, and list of videos won't come up.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@ridgeviewfarm @11320cs @shamit We apologize for the site issues you experienced over the weekend with AARP Rewards. Everything should be back up and running, please let us know if you continue to have issues!

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Yes, problems again.  I cannot Earn.  I cannot Redeem.  Total Points are missing.  Why does this happen so often?

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

It's not working for me either.  It seems that they do have a lot of problems on the weekends.  I often don't get points for logging in on Saturday or Sunday.  It seems to be a reoccurring theme.  today no ability to earn points.  Just get the grey whirling circle and no choices.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

They do a pretty good job considering they only charge about $15 a year.  IT is expensive and so is is giving away stuff for free.  If you get more than $15 a year worth of freebies - you are costing them money.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@PaulK47321 

PaulK you need to read ridgeviewfarm's post a little further down in this thread.

IT may be expensive for some IT departments but not for this administrator. I think they are being compensated more than enough, and should be providing us a lot better program than we are receiving. This program has been mismanaged since day one. There is nothing free about this program, the members are investing a lot of time and effort in participating in the videos, quizzes, puzzles, and calculators. They are making a small fortune on the gift cards for purchase, the points only gift cards are exchanged for advertising, and the sweepstakes don't cost them anything because they just throw the entries in the trash.

Just Saying 

IMG_0319.GIF

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

38 million members times $15 equals an annual income of $570 million. You don't need to feel sorry for AARP!  By their own financial reports, their annual revenue exceeds their expenses by $50,000,000.  (So how do they qualify as a non-profit?)  In 2014, their CEO received over $1,500,000 in salary and benefits.  AARP reported almost $9,000,000 in compensation for officers, directors, and key employees.  Also, most or all of the free stuff they give away is donated by the vendors.  It's called advertising.

Community Concierge

@ridgeviewfarm  AARP Rewards was having site issues earlier today, however the issues have been resolved. If you are still unable to access the earn page properly, please try clearing your browser's cache and cookies. 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I see the exact same behavior.  The "Type" filter is completely empty, so you can't pick videos or quizzes or whatever you prefer.  And it's totally stuck on page 1.  You can press the buttons for other page numbers and that button actually changes, but the content itself doesn't change from page one.

Also, it's broken on both PCs and android mobile devices.

I wonder what else is broken today.

Regular Contributor

Just tried again.  Appears to be fixed on the PC and my phone.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP