Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Bronze Conversationalist

Redemption Page a Disorganized Mess

Over the last few days, the Redemption Page has become a disorganized mess.  Previously, the seven Daily Instant Wins were the first items on the page.  Now, they are intermingled with other Sweepstakes and other redemption options.  Also, every time I scroll down and click the "See More" button, the page automatically goes all the way back up to the top of the page.  It previously would just continue on with the next set of redemption options.  So....to show all redemption options, the "See More" button has to be clicked four times and after each click I have to scroll though all visible options to click it again and again and again.  This even occurs when using the "Filter by" option.

This occurs, not only on my laptop, but also on my pad.  Very annoying, especially since it just recently started happening.

Kudos
Views
Replies
Bronze Conversationalist

Well....Just to comment on my own post.  I was trying to play the instant wins, today.  I was going across one row and mistakenly redeemed for a Subway card that I DIDN'T want.  It was my last redemption for the month and I was waiting to use it for something I could use.  I should have not been in such a hurry and should have been more careful, but the 'Redeem Page' keeps changing.  VERY ANNOYING, especially since we don't eat out.  What a waste of a redemption.  I didn't win an 'Instant Win' either.

Trusted Contributor

I did the same today.  I mistakenly redeemed a $5 Applebee’s gift card as I was playing the instant wins.  I was in a hurry and didn’t pay attention.  I wish the instant wins would stay together and the gift cards for points would stay together as well as the sweepstakes.  But as we all know, the Redeem Page keeps changing.  My mistake but I definitely didn’t want the Applebee’s gift card for $5.  I see that both the Applebee’s and Subway cards are sold out tonight.  I wonder if several people made the same mistake today.

Conversationalist

To avoid a similar error another time, I suggest that you filter first by Sweepstakes. They are calling it now "Sweeps and Instant Wins". I hope it helps.

Social Butterfly

@a170938b 

Thanks for info i hadn't noticed they made new category... that's neato

Ginger  ;  )

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried that and it is still a disorganized mess.  I would have made the same error if I filtered it that way.  Not blaming anyone but myself.  I was just not paying close enough attention.  I liked it much better when the 'Instant Wins' weren't scattered around the page, especially when my eyes are having problems.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@AARPTeri 

Yippee 🤗 Yippee 👍Teri 

Please pass on Thanks to those responsible for getting the 'See More' button back to performing as it should THANKS! 

EDITED: 

Also thanks for NEW CATEGORY 'Sweeps & Instant Wins'

noticed was fluke of moment all 7 were together no longer case 😞 

Have awesome day 

Ginger  ;   )

Conversationalist

Quite by accident, I found a way to keep the page from scrolling to the top after clicking on "See More".  This works on Mac, using Safari, any way.  When you hit the button, immediately start scrolling a small amount up and down until the rotating circle disappears.  Hope that helps everyone and not just Mac users.

Social Butterfly

@RussellP197074 

Woohoo Russell you rock 🤗🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️👍👍👍

Thanks a bunch Tried it on my Galaxy (Android) Note 8 phone & it worked awesome thanks

Hopefully it'll work for all systems 🙏🤔😍

I'm surprised my hitting with finger b4 or such hadn't discovered it but grateful to know now 

Have an awesomely blessed day everyone 

Ginger  ;  )

Social Butterfly

@AARPTeri 

I don't see a filter for "instant wins."  While I would like to see instant wins listed first among the catalog "deal tiles", if you guys don't see the organization as a problem (as we do) then I will just have to just deal with it.

Thanks for the response,

AndrewToo
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MichelleM50204 @andrewtoo @JoLo49 

Unfortunately, there were two things happening at once.  We are aware of the issue with the See More  less than optimal experience happening when click on the “See More” button in the catalog. We apologize for the inconvenience it’s causing. Our team is addressing and fixing this over the next week.

The other change was smaller.  The Instant Wins are no longer defaulting as the first 7 items in the catalog, we now have them mixed in the catalog like all the other items have always been mixed. Everything else has stayed the same.  You can use the filter to drill down to specific categories if looking for instant wins.

AARPTeri
Silver Conversationalist

your missing the point Terri !! the filters don't work. When you ask for points only you get a boat load of discounted purchase GC's

just saying

lucyp061351
Social Butterfly

@AARPTeri 

Hey Teri 

As Andrew stated I also checked & don't see any 'category' to "drill down" to Instant Wins 🤔 Is there supposed be one? Or do you mean something else? Where is it? 

I understand all other offers been mixed up BUT Instant Wins are a completely different type & category not a Sweeps nor a Purchase type & not really just for points Its a game of chance played instantly once per day making it unique and not like other offers Therefore it should be located together no matter what filter you are using it should be setup together B4 change it was easily accessible with or without filter Always finding at top BUT IF CHANGE MUST HAPPEN: 

There is a  Sweepstakes category so creating a Instant Wins category would be a welcome addition OR

As we already have a Redemption section for 'For Points' and 'For Purchase' ... How about adding Instant Wins there?? Or add to Rewards bar at top of page??

Doing any of these or putting back way was as top 7 will be a benefit to program because myself and maybe others are not doing them as often as were... being they were easier to find & click and do all 7 at same time... anytime desired trying to win Now they are no longer easy to find and play 🥴😏

With them jumping around mixed throughout & page always returning to top(hopefully this be fixed soon) ...its difficult  to ensure played all & there's no way know one's been done without clicking and reading come back tomorrow  😞  so please have those in charge reconsider their change or please provide us with WHY? this decision was made?? Cause I don't see the benefit to us or the Rewards program Thanks 

Enjoy your day! 

Ginger  ;  )

Trusted Contributor

Having the same issues as everyone else described. I noticed the scrolling back to the top a couple weeks ago after the site was down for a period of time. Did someone think this was an improvement? The instant wins mixed in just started a couple days ago. And the gift card I got today went to spam.

Silver Conversationalist

Michelle, I have touched on this practice of screwing things up, making changes that make no sense, and just annoying us with their antics in a few previous post. the administrator's minions are doing this on purpose hoping we will become so fed up we will quit the rewards program and they can shut it down because of a lack of participation by the members.

just saying 

lucyp061351
Conversationalist

It is possible that something nefarious is going on. However my thoughts are: either someone, working on a different part of the program, inadvertently messed up the Rewards page and does not know nor care how to fix it, or someone is trying to justify his/her paycheck by making a useless, annoying, unfavorable, and deleterious change and claiming improvement!

Social Butterfly

@k380494p 

Thank you for taking time to explain the problem.  I just checked and the Redeem page is still a mess; I too liked the prior listing of instant wins at the top of the offerings and when I click on "see more" it snaps to the top of all of the offerings, like you described.  These two issues have been bothering me for days, but, I couldn't seem to sit down and type out the problem, so, I'm glad that you did.

Thanks!

AndrewToo
Silver Conversationalist

I agree, the redemption page is a hot mess!  AARP is making the redemption page harder for us to see what is available.  Wish the page could be reorganized back to how it was before.  Also, beware, redemption of gift cards are now being sent to Spam after the redemption page was "reorganized". 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP