Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Periodic Contributor

Limit 1 per person

Is this a joke?  Limit 1 per person ... Even if I had an award 5 months ago?  How long does this stay in effect before you can get a gift card from the same source? e.g. Target? Nike?

I tried to get a Nike Gift Card (available for 11K points, and I get a message "Limit 1 per person".  I don't even recall getting the Nike Gift Card before!

This is absolutely crazy.  No reason to continue with this web site if you're so limited.

Super Contributor

Should just be one per that offer

i have scored several target and safeway 5$ cards but on different offers different days

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rednexsrus @Karyn8 @Jason2020LovesKelly @WalterW974116   We have a Rewards Tip that answers some of these questions - here - 

AARPTeri
Trusted Social Butterfly

@AARPTeri& Rewards Warriors,

Isn't the Points-Only Catalog Items explanation excluding each from a different retailer? 

Can we now use the meager (3) monthly redemption on the same retailer?  

Is anyone able to use all (3) redemption - Points Only  on the same retailer/vendor?

Have A Blessed Day,

Marylin

Super Contributor

yes i have scored two target 5$ ones in the same month

but different day different offer

cant get more than one per offer 

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@mi4090 

Marylin, did you ever get an answer to your question in your post concerning 

Can we now use the meager (3) monthly redemption on the same retailer?  

I can't find one.

Just Saying 

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@rednexsrus Good question. Point Only items are limited in stock and can sell out, so we restrict them to 1 per person to allow others the opportunity to redeem. Once an item sells out, if it's offered again, it's considered a new item in our catalog, and you can try to redeem it again at that time

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Not!  I haven't redeemed for IHOP for six months and Red Robin for two months, but it won't let me get either even though it is the first of the new month and I have redeemed for none yet this month.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

These are "new" offers, but it will not let me redeem even though I have done none this month (because it won't let me!).  

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

You need to do the extra credit activities before you can redeem.  It's confusing, because when you go to extra credit, it doesn't tell you which rewards open up, but once I completed all activities, I was able to get Red Robin, Krispy Kreme, and IHOP.  Only $5 each, but 3 $5 gift cards pays for an entire year membership to AARP. 

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

LOL!  This morning it is finally showing up as an Extra Credit Reward.  Wonders never cease!  Probably the only reason the Red Robin was still available was because no one else could redeem for it either.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Not me ! 😫

Last month during the Sept Extra Credits it would not let me redeem more than once from the same vendor

😡 😡

Just Saying 

lucyp061351
Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Hi grdolphin

i noticed none of the community managers weighed in on your question concerning the time frame between wins of the same sponsor. 

My take has been after the cycle completes you can receive another reward from that sponsor ie: INSTANT WIN’S, after 7 days and a new tile is added to the catalog. POINTS ONLY, after the card is SOLD OUT then re-introduced can you win another reward. Not real sure on the Sweepstakes, after all the rules do say Only 1 Win. I hope that means once per month and not once per year.

Hope this helps

Just Saying

lucyp061351
0 Kudos

my husband saw this too. You can only redeem 3 times for  points only gift cards in a month. After you get 3, the redeem button doesnt show up after you click on redeem. It would be nice if there was a message.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

The Extra Credit Rewards (in particular Target & NIKE) showed the Limit 1 per person message until I had completed the extra credit activities.  Then, I was able to redeem.

Regular Contributor

I am having the same problem with the DSW gift card.  Frustrating!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

The DSW gift card that showed in  a big box at the top of the rewards page was not an extra credit gift card.  It did not show a redeem button when I clicked on it but said limit 1.  Interestingly, it has now disappeared from the rewards page with no explanation.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I don't think that's the issue. I clicked on the Nike offer and saw the same thing, though I've never redeemed for Nike. I think the problem is that the popup isn't fully loading to include the redeem button.

New month, continued problems for this site. AARP should really fire the provider because the system is continually awful. It just never improves.

Silver Conversationalist

Welcome to the new norm for AARP REWARDS 😫😫 

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Not that I like the 3 max cap, but before when you could spend all of your hard-earned points on 1 thing 3x, it sure was better than waiting for 3 seperate redeems to pop-up! I still have to 2 allowances to redeem this month. With it being the 18th, it feels like I am going to lose out, yet again, like I did last month. Sure, the points carry over, but it is really disappointing that I cannot get the 3 redeems per month, especially, at no fault of my own, several of them this month are geographically unavailable to me per my location. Pfft. 😉 

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅5̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] (☉౪ ⊙)
Super Contributor

exactly

difficult to find even 3 separate offers in a month that i can use

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I wish we would be allowed to trade rewards which is not really solicitation . That is against the rules unfortunately. 

Karyn
Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Hi Karyn

I don’t think the trading/swapping of cards is prohibited, it’s selling that is a no-no. It’s a real bummer when you win a reward that you cannot take advantage of, or gift it to a family member or friend.

Look at the posts in REDEMPTION under the topic

“re: Instant Win Streaming Service”

A few of us had some back and forth conversations on this very subject and I tend to agree with AndrewToo that swapping/trading falls under the category of gifting. There is a post in this thread from AARPTeri about this topic.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with making it known in your post you are interested in certain gift cards or you have cards you cannot use. I suggest we confine the details of our request and wants and wishes to private messaging.

Just Saying

lucyp061351
Conversationalist

I posted an offer to trade and the post was pulled. I was told this is solicitation. To buy online because the store is not anywhere near me would be prohibited with the shipping exceeding the $5 or $10 card. 

Karyn
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Hummm, Not Fair !!! 😡

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

My DH tried to buy a $5 Domino's with points today. It wouldn't let him. It stated one per person. The last time he bought one was about 6 months ago. Is it once per lifetime?

Karyn
Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@Karyn8 Thanks for participating in the AARP Rewards program, Karyn! Because Point Only items are limited in stock and can sell out, we restrict them to 1 per person to allow others the opportunity to redeem. Since your husband redeemed for a Domino's gift card already, it makes sense he saw that message. Once an item sells out, if it's offered again, it's considered a new item in our catalog, and you can try to redeem it again at that time.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

did you even read the post 

said had not redeemed from the current only did one 6 months ago 

should be one per member per current offer

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP