Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

LOADING ERROR FOR INSTANT WIN GAME - ongoing issue that needs to be fixed

Trusted Contributor

LOADING ERROR FOR INSTANT WIN GAME - ongoing issue that needs to be fixed

When trying to play the Walgreens Instant Win game, I got the "taking longer than usual" error.  When I tried to reload to play, I got "you already played" message.   Points were deducted even though I didn't get to play the slot machine.  This is an issue that needs to be fixed ASAP.

Community Concierge

@Army49 Thank you for letting us know. Please try completing the website troubleshooting steps found here: https://aarp.info/2I3wo4C  - Janelle M.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Hi Janelle,

The tech issues reported here are issues that AARP needs to fix and are not issues coming from the member's side of the fence.  As noted, there are several members experiencing the same technical problems that @Army49 complained about.  Updating the browser and clearing the cache will not fix the on-going technical issues that AARP is failing to address.  It's been over a month of complaints, and the only response we receive is that AARP is aware of the issues.

Community Concierge

@JoLo49 We don't have any active reports about this issue. If you're experiencing a problem with your AARP Rewards account or accessing the Instant win games, be sure to contact us so that we can check your account and report if needed: https://aarp.info/3epCObA  - Janelle M.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Hi Janelle,

Please submit an active report for loading issues of the slot machine instant win games.  If you read the posts on this thread, you can see that there are several of us who have complained about the loading errors and losing points without being able to play the game.  The dreaded message experiencing longer delays than expected appears, and when reloading the game, the message, you already played comes up.  The points are deducted even though there was no spin or play on the slot machine. It's a sporadic and intermittent occurrence and comes usually on the first instant win game that is played.  The errors and issues appear coming from AARP's side of the fence because it is not an isolated incidence of only my experience.  There are only a few of us taking the time to voice a complaint, but I'm sure there are others getting the same error message.  Hope tech support will be able to troubleshoot and fix the loading errors.  Thanks in advance.

Regular Contributor

i agree 100% with JoLo49 with only a few of us taking the time to voice our frustration. if we went back to the old instant wins, problem solved WOW. no one would have any issues why do that though?

Conversationalist

About a month ago, I posted a solution to this long-standing problem that has worked for me pretty consistently... and that's no April Fool's!! I've pasted it in below so folks don't have to go looking for the original thread:

Try this: Enter a regular sweepstakes for "1 Entry" BEFORE you try any of the Instant Wins. This will cost you as little as 100 points, and you'll invariably get this error message: "Sorry, we are experiencing longer than expected delays in your point redemption, but your transaction is confirmed. Please check your transaction history in a couple of minutes. Thank you for your patience."

Next, play your Instant Wins and they should go through without that dreaded "Unable to process request" error message. This is the only work-around I've been able to successfully use on a consistent basis. I'm not sure why my method works, but I'll continue using it because I have no faith that AARP Admin or tech staff will fix the root problem.

https://community.aarp.org/t5/Redemption/Unable-to-process-request-error-on-redemption/m-p/2540159#M...

Community Concierge

@garyfish49  You really do make the community strong! Thank you for being a loyal Rewards member, and helping provide solutions or just an encouraging word to our fellow community members. All of your contributions are valuable!  Jodee R.  

Gold Conversationalist

Hi Gary! @garyfish49

Thanks for this post! I don’t see the advantage of this ‘new’ way to see the ever familiar “SORRY YOU DIDN’T WIN” ☹️ ...especially with: “witness geometric magic as squares dance into winning patterns.” 🙄 And as you’ve mentioned before....they absolutely should go back to the former way of IWs & sweeps ..... & offered ONLY TO PAID MEMBERS!!

Also, it’s one thing for us to have to continuously point out the sometimes recurring issues that tech support or admins or whoever need to be aware of...(usually with NO RESPONSE!)...IMHO they should acknowledge our time & effort! (um...A “THANKS” NOW & THEN??!!!) We’re making their jobs easier...letting them know what it’s like as a member...how we see & experience it...so they can pinpoint what’s wrong & fix it ASAP! ....yet of course, only they are the ones getting paid...amiright? LOL!

Will they listen to you, I, & countless others now?

The answer may be found in lyrics from “Starry, starry night”

Either: They would not listen, they did not know how

Perhaps they'll listen now

OR: They would not listen, they're not listening still

Perhaps they never will

Anyway... Take care my friend!

☮️  🌄 ~Allen 🌈  🎨

Conversationalist

^^^ Well put, Allen!

Big-time THANKS to you and other "regulars" here on the Rewards forum for your commentary, watchdogging, and constructive criticism on a continuing basis!

Gold Conversationalist

Hi Gary! @garyfish49

That was very kind of you! Thanks so much....for the acknowledgment & supportive words...that actually made my day!

3.jpg

If only the mods, admins, >>>>>or whoever’s running this joint LOL!... would see this & understand our intentions..& respond to us in a positive way! You touched on all the key elements of what you, I...& others...are trying to do here!

...Maybe they should hire you as a consultant!! 😉

Seriously tho...you have also made significant contributions in a variety of ways...& have been as long as I’ve known you here...& of course, before then! You speak out for many others here...who for whatever reason...do not join in to add their comments, & be of help....even, for example, when we can see that there were, say 5,000 views of a post...with only a handful of replies &/or kudos! We are definitely not here to bask in the glory or adulation!..hahaa😊

And much to our amazement...sometimes the very things we’re pointing out do get fixed!

Sadly...many things that are supposedly fixed...may even be worse, or simply stagnate in a never ending promise of “we’re working on it!” 🙄😒LOL!

nerdy tech guy (2).JPG

As you know...I also enjoy reading of your viewpoint 🤔 ...your ‘take’ on things here...& of course...your wry sense of humor🙃...& witticisms 😄&&&& ...so much more!

Anyway, I can’t thank you enough for taking the time & effort to reach out with sincere encouragement!

We gotta keep on trying...even when there seems to be no hope at all!

Take care my friend!

☮️  🌄~Allen 🌈  🎨

Silver Conversationalist

Someone posted earlier that admin is just using us as their own personal BETA TESTERS. Only problem with that is unlike reputable programers that really listen and correct the problems, this bunch of amateurs don't have a clue even after we tell them whats wrong !! 🙄 🙄

ROBBER.gif

lucyp061351
Gold Conversationalist

Hi Lucy! @rednexsrus

Tech support seems stunned that there are still so many problems with this site!

Tech support seems stunned that there are still so many problems with this site!.JPGAnyway, as always... Take care! ☮️  ~Allen  🌈

Trusted Social Butterfly

[1] Oh my goodness @Therapist4u , I am cracking up!!! Lol, your picture is SO FUNNY...  🤣😂

[2] Note to @AARPConsumerCare , please DO NOT "reply" to my post. I am NOT "complaining" - chatting with Allen. Thank you, Nicole 👵

Gold Conversationalist

Thank you  @SpringIsHereSoHappy

Ya>>>>>AARPConsumerCare, Nicole is NOT "complaining"...she’s chatting with yours truly.... >>>>Allen. LOL!

You go girl!!! (2).JPG

Trusted Social Butterfly

Lol @Therapist4u 🤣😂

Super Contributor

Another way that works for me is to play an Instant Win using the alternate method of entry (doesn't cost any points) and if there is an issue I get an error message, and when I try again it usually works then.

Silver Conversationalist

Hi @RenateW69623   I gave up using the "free" method for the Instant Win games.  I always got multiple errors using the alternate method and never got it to work.  We shouldn't have to figure a work around for AARP's tech issues.   AARP should fix the issues or go back to the previous instant win games that were working well.  JMHO

Silver Conversationalist

I have also experienced the same "taking longer than usual"  error multiple of times.  My points were stolen not being able to watch the slot machine spin.  There have been too many issues with the "new and improved" Instant Win games, and it appears AARP has not been able to fix in a timely manner (it's been a month of errors and visual discrepancies).  These games should be discontinued until fixed.  I don't understand the reasoning AARP finds the need to make changes when things aren't broken.  I much prefer the "original" Instant Win games back in the day when confetti came out of the box!

Regular Contributor

before the slot machine game even begins i've had it say not a winner ridiculous

Kudos
Views
Community Concierge

@AndrewM333062, we have confirmed the 'lost' message is correct. We are working to correct this display issue. This issue is impacting only a few users. - Diana G.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I agree, @AndrewM333062 it's  ridiculous.  I hope more members will complain about the Instant Win slot games so that AARP will expedite a fix.  I am sure there are many more members experiencing issues and haven't complained.

Regular Contributor

this happens to me several times a week and always on the first instant win I play. It's like it needs to warm up 😞

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP