Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Gift Card Purchase

Hello, 

I've been attempting to purchase the Carnival Cruise giftcards but everytime I do, I get an error. I've tried multiple cards (amex and visa), i tried multiple browsers (chrome, firefox, edge, downloaded the AARP mobile app, and safari) and I still can't get the payment to go through. I've called my bank and they confirmed that they're not getting anything so it's not on their end. 

I've reviewed some responses and confirmed that the name and address card matches the payment screen. I also tried my wife's account as well with no luck. 

Any assistance would be much appreciated as the payment is owed soon on the cruise. Much appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I was finally able to get it processed. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

That's great to hear, @MichaelW39365!- Diana G.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Hi @MichaelW39365, I see you called us yesterday and the issue was escalated. Please allow 3-5 business days for a response from our Rewards team. Thanks. - Diana G.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Same issue for me. This has happened in the past as well. Last time (about a year ago), I finally got the purchase to go through, I don't know why it did but then I was double charged and had to dispute it with the bank while AARP researched to see if I had actually got 2 gift cards (I had not). It was a real problem. I've wondered if it is something in their system that meters how many they will authorize for sale in a specific time frame. Continue to try at your own risk I guess. Last year I was assured by the customer service that the issue had been resolved but here we are again!  

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Hi @HeatherS737508, I'm here to help! I can take a look into this. May I know what error are you getting? Also, which gift card were you trying to purchase? Thanks. - Diana G.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I was buying the $500 gift card for Holland America. The error message said that there was a problem with payment (like the OP) and to call customer service, which was closed. I tried Visa and MC, both with ample funds available multiple times. Both cards have alerts to let me know if any activity hits the card and neither sent an alert. I finally gave up and bought the card elsewhere. 

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@HeatherS737508, for the error you're getting, may I know if the debit/credit cards you tried are on your name and have the same mailing address as your membership? Also, were you using an ad-blocker? - Diana G.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Same name, same address, no ad blocker. My suspicion is that the payment system was down at the time but having already bought a card elsewhere I don't need another to see if it would go through now. 

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

I've had the same issue - error on the checkout screen but charge shows pending on my credit card. 

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Hi @VanessaA15984, I see you purchased a Carnival Gift Card on April 1. Just to be sure, is this the gift card you're inquiring about? If so, did you check your spam/junk folder? - Diana G.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi Diana,

No that is another transaction which did process without issues. The previous transaction from Saturday 3/30/24, shows pending on my account, but doesn't seem to have gone through on your end.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@VanessaA15984, yes, that purchase was unsuccessful. The authorization hold will automatically be released within 3 to 7 days; this holding period can vary from bank to bank. - Diana G.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Thank you, I will give it a few more days. 

@AARPConsumerCare wrote:

@VanessaA15984, yes, that purchase was unsuccessful. The authorization hold will automatically be released within 3 to 7 days; this holding period can vary from bank to bank. - Diana G.

@AARPConsumerCare wrote:

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP