Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Instant Wins Free Entry Method Missing

Trusted Social Butterfly

Instant Wins Free Entry Method Missing

Hello Rewards Warriors

Am I the only member without the ability to use Free Method for the Instant Wins?

The Instant Win doesn't appear when Free Method is selected.  @AARPTeri  is this an error or a punishment.  Please let us know about the 100 prizes awarded and over how many days in regard to Wins remaining more than (1) day.  Thanks for your help.

Members let me know if this happens to you.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Social Butterfly

And it gets worse...

Two instant win games are missing.

The Cheryl's link is broken taking me to "aarp.org": https://www.aarp.org/content/dam/aarp/rewards/redeem/rules/instantwins/30206-6-cheryls-cookies-iw.pd...  Yippy!

Here is the list shown to me:

Target Instant Win and Sunday Instant Win 3-12-23.jpg

AndrewToo
Honored Social Butterfly

It's a dead link. And, why is there 'dam' in the link? That seems weird. 

Not to mention, but the recent, or updated, list of IWs no longer supports the recent IWs! There's no option to enter the Target 10.00 IW!  What a mess. I cannot comprehend how this could happen....the unwavering IWs and GCs - like you're on a floating boat, and the waves make you sea sick, like that. What is missing: Target 10.00 IW. They've remove the Bath and Body Works 10.00, too. What a mess! 

dead links.png

Social Butterfly

@AARPTeri @AARPJanelleM 

It appears that the link on the official rules page

is mislabeled as "$10 Bath & Body Works eGift Card*"

rather than "$10 Target eGift Card*".

Again, it appears to be an inaccurate link title...

Thanks!

AndrewToo
Community Concierge

@andrewtoo Thank you for reporting! Our team is working to get this corrected as soon as possible. 

Honored Social Butterfly

*crickets* 🦗🦗

Seems when you click on the mislabeled link it takes you to the Target IW form to complete. The link Text is incorrect. 

Just trying to get the hubbub in this town.

Hey! I may even try the IW forms for a spell, just to see if I, too, can be a winner. 😉

Have a lovely evening. One hour lost, though. I don't like DST. lol

☮︎

Social Butterfly

@AARPTeri @AARPJanelleM 

Target GiftCard Instant Win $10 Value

Missing from the Official Rules Page, so, can't enter via the Free

Entry Method.

Can this be fixed today, maybe?

Snip Image of available instant win official rules for active games is below.

Target Tile 3-11-23.jpg

Target Instant Win is missing.jpg

Thanks so much,

AndrewToo
Silver Conversationalist

Can this be fixed today, maybe?🤔

¯\_(ツ)_/¯🙄⁉️🙃

Gold Conversationalist

@mi4090   Isn't that the way it was supposed to work?   Free entry, lose...and then give points to enter the other way?    I never tried to win twice on the couple of occasions I did win with the free method.   Chances are so low now I really shouldn't bother about it.

Social Butterfly

It looks like the "free" method is working.  To be clear, you have to consider that I only see the free method on Instant Wins...not Sweepstakes.  The two are easy to mistake for one another, sometimes.

I have not noticed that I could enter an Instant Win twice in one day, by points, and then again by the official rules route.

I entered 4 free instant wins today without a problem.  The link in the official rules took me to the same couple of pages and I entered for a chance to win today.  Also, the Instant Wins now show that I have entered the individual contests after I open a tile again to check.

And, I am not happy with the Instant Win games that last a week with the same number of wins (100) that we previously could win in one day.

Thanks for everybody's input.

AndrewToo
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @HokiePoq 

It may have been a benefit, but not for me😢.  I would play for Instant Win using the Free Method an lose.  Then play again for points and lose again, but points deducted.

I commented about this happening last year, should have been corrected then.  If you don't win with Free Method you won't win using points, but it was allowed.

If you win with Free Method or Points you're unable to play again.  It was a way to use your points needlessly😢.

Glad it's fixed😊

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Gold Conversationalist

@gm5271  @mi4090 

Now it appears one can only do one method of entry.  The free or the points.  I can only conclude that this thread caused some admin to get the programmers to stop this very small added benefit.     In the future I will not be posting such information.   If only suggestions for improvement were acted on so efficiently.    If I am mistaken about this and others are not having this issue now, please post and let me know and I'll delete this.

Social Butterfly

@HokiePoq @mi4090

@andrewtoo 

Hey Hokie & Marylin & Andrew

I'm so sorry that I asked about it especially on thread....🤪😟 wasn't thinking would've been better asking in private message(don't think they can read those? )

Feel certain your right Hokie they changed program to not allow 😟 but 1 entry either way

I hadn't ever done it & didn't try till few days ago it wouldn't let me enter -1st a page popped up "let's verify your eligible" then came up "already entered" which I had already entered on site

Sorry I messed things up for you that have had this & used  😞 wish you luck on winning 

Hope you all have a nice safe Thanksgiving... again I'm sorry 

Ginger ;  )

Gold Conversationalist

If you were already getting that message (I wasn't then but am now), it might have been in the works.  I agree, though, that we can use pms to answer questions.    I doubt you messed it up if you were already getting that message.   No problem with you!

Trusted Social Butterfly

@HokiePoq & @andrewtoo 

Thanks for letting me know you can still use Free Method via Official Rules.  I only get previous days instant wins to show.

@gm5271 I've used Free Method without winning and got message "Come back tomorrow".  The website will allow you to use required points and play again to deduct points also.  I posted about this problem, a fail safe should stop this from happening.

@AARPTeri  seems that I'm special with problems that only affect me😊

Help please!  Thanks😊

Have a Blessed Day

@mi4090 

Social Butterfly

@mi4090 

Hey Marylin,

I was able to use the entry method from the official rules on all the instant wins that I cared to enter.  I don't enter every one of them because I don't want it or can't think of someone to give it to.

So, I was able to enter the CVS, Sam's Club(that I could use at Walmart, I believe), and the Darden Gift Card, without any issues.

I hope you can get yours working.

Take care,

AndrewToo
Social Butterfly

Hey gang

@andrewtoo @mi4090 @HokiePoq

Curious I've often wondered in past what y'all talking about?? and never tried ... ok so read uses no points ... not sure why that'd matter much but does it give you 2 tries per day? Vs 1?

Thanks for info 

Enjoy your day! 

Ginger ;  )

Gold Conversationalist

@gm5271   Some months ago a helpful poster (can't remember who) told us about this.   You click on "official rules".   In the rules you will find "free method of entry".   Click on that and fill in the form.   I have won that way a time or two.  Hope this helps.  Do this before you enter the usual way.  

Gold Conversationalist

@mi4090   I just did it on the Boston Market one.    Lost of course but at least no loss of points. Went in the usual way through the official rules.

I am still stewing over having to spend 7x more points to have 7x less opportunity to win the instant wins.   I have won a few, probably my share, during the time the new program has gone on.    This change, having the seven last a week, is really bad for the participants.   I guess the idea was to look like more prizes were offered while extracting more points from participants who gain nothing.  Same number of prizes but so much more to enter daily for a week with so many more entries for the same number of prizes.  Odds so much less in your favor.    Win Win for the operator, Lose Lose for the participants.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP