Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Regular Contributor

Instant Win Games

So sad that the instant win games no longer features the box opening and a confetti show when you win.  What happened?

Silver Conversationalist

This post may be a little off topic from the rest of the threads but it does have to do with the instant wins. 

Whatโ€™s with only 7 Instant Win tiles for the last few days ??? We get use to 8 an expect them and they go and change it.

I thought it might be an Easter Egg type thingy but I tabed  all the way through the catalog and never found number 8

Oh Well

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

They are missing todayโ€™s new instant win - AutoZone.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Well, this morning I can only find 6 Instant Wins. I went through the catalog TWICE but, alas no number 7

management has no idea what they are doing, itโ€™s like a bunch of 3 year olds playing ring around the rosie and then they all fall down. geez  ๐Ÿค

Just Saying

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes, you are correct we had 8 Instant Wins in August but wasn't a long term change.  We are back to our regular 7 days a week of Instant Wins.  Our catalog is always evolving with new offers.  Look for new and increased ways to win over the next few weeks.

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Really, just some curiosity here...has anyone won since they did away with the confetti box? I hate this new thing without the box and confetti. It just cheapened the experience tenfold for me. So, please, anyone? Has anyone won an instant win since the confetti box went away, earlier this month? Thank you! ๐Ÿ™‚

[ฬฒฬ…$ฬฒฬ…(ฬฒฬ…5ฬฒฬ…)ฬฒฬ…$ฬฒฬ…] (โ˜‰เฑช โŠ™)
Silver Conversationalist

@Jason2020LovesKelly 

I hate we lost the box and confetti also. I mentioned it in another post that I would have like to seen balloons and fireworks going off along with the confetti.

Speaking of curiosity I was wondering:       

The Instant Wins are supposed to be regulated to a random time for someone to get the elusive "Lucky You" RIGHT ??

Well is it:    One Time that covers all of the 7 IW's OR is there a different Random Time for each individual Instant Win, If the latter is true then theoretically there could be 7 instant wins for that particular day. Do you suppose that has ever happened ????

Just Saying 

lucyp061351
Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Your question concerning the randomness of the timing of the Instant Wins is excellent. I've begun asking myself the same question - that is, is the time the same for all of the Instant Wins or does each Instant Win have its own 'win' timestamp which should be system generated. 

The list of winners does not include the date the person won but just the ending date of the prize. I wish it did include the date the person won so we could tell if it is possible for any person to win more than one Instant Win on any given day. It might help answering questions about the random times for wins though I'm not sure it would be conclusive. 

Silver Conversationalist

Transparency: "To invite trust by revealing that you have nothing to hide"

I think this is lacking with this administrator

Just Saying 

lucyp061351
Gold Conversationalist

I won for the first time in a very long time in August, Bass Pro card.   

The win came up as fast as the sorry which surprised me.   

Super Contributor

I have won twice in the past 3 weeks without the confetti thing and its not a big deal to me

Trusted Contributor

My dad won a Foot Locker gift card. Don't remember what day but after the change.

We both miss the graphics!

Conversationalist

Nope no wins here - either with or without confetti. What I don't like about the new, surprise box less screen is it automatically takes you to the loser screen...without hesitation. No fun in that.

Silver Conversationalist

Agree BeachGirl, Itโ€™s like it is programmed for that SORRY...........response TOO FAST. Not my idea of random

Just Saying

lucyp061351
Bronze Conversationalist

I won a Petco Instant Win on July 21st.  I almost didn't notice that I won without the confetti coming out of the box.

Silver Conversationalist

AARPTeri seems to think the confetti show was causing some confusion with some members.????? 

"The team simplified this due to confusion it was causing a number of users who provided that feedback"

Can't imagine that 

Anyway, I would like to have seen balloons, and a bunch of fireworks exploding along with the confetti.  

Life's little pleasures you know

Just Saying 

lucyp061351
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rednexsrus @MichelleM50204 @GitaG508487   Thanks for noticing!  We will pass on your comments to the team and we certainly appreciate seeing your feedback! The team simplified this due to confusion it was causing a number of users who provided that feedback.  You will still be notified if you are a winner but via text.  

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@AARPTeri  I scored an Instant Win the other night and did notice there is no longer a box of confetti. I was, however, pleasantly surprised to see โ€œLucky youโ€ instead of โ€œSorry, not todayโ€. I received my email notification and gift card right away.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone ๐Ÿค—. I hope this is where I'm suppose to ask this question. It's about the Instant Win game Winners. I did a name search ( Susan ) on the Winners list and Susan M ,B and P and a few others. If you check, you'll see just for these Winners name beginning with Susan have won a lot of times. Please explain to me how this comes to be. I don't mean to cause any problems but something is Definitely Wrong. They stopped showing the City and State. I guess I'll never win now that I've brought this Topic to the Community. I'm just saying 

Concerned Member
Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I have been doing searches for the Instant Win game winners for 7 months now. I download the info into a pdf file on my laptop and can then do a search along with the number of wins for select people. The winners had uncommon names but consistently win 7 to 14 times over a 3 month period. These are names like Shinobu, Hsiuchi, Masahiro, Winnie, Reese Anne - I will not report their last initial as displayed but the last initial is consistent within the list of winners that is to say there are not 2 different people with the same first name. Now perhaps there are different people who have the same first name AND first initial of the last name but I do believe those odds are slim given the uniqueness of the first names.

I have been asking for well over 3 months now about how some people can keep winning on a regular basis when most of us cannot. I have gotten no reply. Maybe @AARPTeri is looking into this. I truly hope so before the rest of us get so frustrated that we give up on this system.

Another member suggested that the Instant Wins should be for members only. I agree. Also, Instant Wins should be limited to 3 a month. Do I hear deafening laughter out there? Here I am suggesting 3 a month when most of us cannot win 1 in 3 months.

Thanks for being another voice on this issue.

Regular Contributor

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, not that anybody on AARP will do anything about it. Especially now with the great new news. To all who don't know yet but today AARP announced that "Coming Soon - Weekly Instant Win Winners are Increasing from 100 to 125." So now instead of having a 0% chance of winning we will have a 1% chance of winning. I am sure this will be welcome news for those "consistent winners". My guess is that AARP is trying to make some members happy by thinking that if there are more winners, there will be less complaining. Will see, but I doubt it.   

Conversationalist

I totally agree with BeachGirl23's comments, and have posted on this forum about making changes to the Instant Wins program a few times in the past several months. The status quo is unacceptable, and it should be an embarrassment for AARP to continue as if nothing needs fixing.

Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone ๐Ÿค— yes that is funny ๐Ÿคฃ. I'm glad that someone else see what I'm saying. How are these same people winning over and over again. I'm just saying

Concerned Member
Conversationalist

@AARPTerri 

Text?? I hope you do mean email, right? Please let me know. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Real time copy on the Instant Win screen and then an email confirmation if you are a winner. Same as it was before. This has not changed sorry for any confusion.

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

How do you know you won now ?

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I'm missing it as well tonight. Made me feel like it was actually doing something. I saw a post that they were having video problems today so I hope it is just a glitch that will be fixed soon.

Regular Contributor

That definitely was a fun little feature. Not sure why they removed it. SMH. 

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP