Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Silver Conversationalist

Gift E-Cards Now Going to Spam

I noticed  redeemed Gift e-Cards are now going into my Spam folder.  This just happened this week as I normally get the gift e-cards in my email inbox..  Has anyone else received the gifts cards in Spam?   Hopefully, this can be fixed. 

Community Manager
Community Manager

@k142667b @ph8624 @MemberS2006 @gm5271  - Thank you all for letting us know.  We are actively investing this issue and will let you know!

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Hi @AARPTeri ,

I'm happy to report that gift card emails are now coming into my email inbox on 5/31/2021 and 6/1/2021.  It appears that the Spam issue I had has been fixed.

JoLo49

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

As a FYI:  I  ordered some paid and points cards on the 29th, 30th and early morning 1st.  They all went directly to my gmail account.  And all were fine.

Each email provider has a way of flagging what is spam and you can usually override it, here are some methods:

• Add the sender as a contact
  • Mark the messages as "not spam" several times
  • try to google "how to disable spam filter" and your provider

Also note that if you use something like gmail to connect to your other email accounts, like AT&T, you are actually dealing with both the AT&T and gmail spam filters.  Anything filtered by AT&T will never make it to your gmail...

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

For some strange reason, my redeemed gift cards went into Spam last week.  I have always received the gift cards into my email inbox in the past.  I think it was an AARP techinical issue.  My redeemed gift card on 5/31 was received into my inbox, so it appears the issue has been fixed.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I didn't get the 3 $5 eGift cards (Target, Amazon and Walmart) I just earned and redeemed through extra credit activities in my inbox or spam folder.  Account has been debited the points.  Called help number and agent Patsy resent all 3.  Never got the gift cards even though resent supposedly.

Mary Ann Hoffman
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

My gift card redemptions have always gone to the Spam folder.The gift cards I purchase also go to Spam.I have added to the safe senders list,clicked to label it not spam when I read it,etc.Nothing changes so I know that 95% of the time anything I order is going to the Spam folder

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@JoLo49 

Hey

Yes yesterday when I redeemed Amazon & Krispy Kreme gift cards for points they were not in my inbox quickly as usually are so checked sure enough they both were in Spam 🤯.... first time ever happened.... and from responses here doesn't seem be any particular ones just all Redemption emails 😞

Same as you my community notification emails went into Spam almost year but never my Redemption or Newsletter emails so this is not good hope the fix whenever happens doesn't stop my/our receiving them at all 🤢 and I'm curious to see what happens with our next newsletters? ¿¿?

🙄Sad to say but whole site is super yucky🥴 mess.... no longer 7 Instant wins together at top just all whacky no order & over week ago hitting 'see more' button now jumps back to filter bar which been driving me nuts such a mess trying wade through it all

I'm on Note 8 haven't checked tablet or PC but assume it'd be same 😞 

Really beginning wonder if Rewards program & getting $15 (1st time did 3) or less (usual $5) is worth all these hassles.... decided yesterday use up almost all my points quit checking all day long.... its a bummer haven't won an instant win since early January & haven't won a Sweepstakes or anything else since old Rewards days 

Sorry for long gripe but it's truly sad losing a program and connections enjoyed for so many years 😥 hope is fading fast that it'll ever be enjoyable again 

Enjoy your holiday weekend everyone! Hope you are able to do things haven't been able to in last year 

THANKS! to all for their service & sacrifices 

Ginger  ;   ) 

Trusted Contributor

Hi I just redeemed a card this afternoon and it went to my spam folder too. First time that ever happened.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist

Yes!!!  I posted on another thread about this happening when I redeemed for the Amazon card yesterday.  Today my husband won an instant win Darden card and it went to his spam folder.  Reminds me of when the newsletters were going to the spam folder. 

I use a desktop and have a yahoo email and use Chrome.  My husband uses a laptop and has an aol email and uses Edge. Nothing in common.

Social Butterfly

@shamit 

Congrats! Indeed a blessing & good to hear

I have AOL email & use Samsung internet & Chrome... so certainly seems issue with AARP not members

Ginger ;  ) 

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Thanks, @shamit  for letting me know that I'm not the only one receiving the cards in Spam.  I am using a desktop with Firefox and yahoo email.

I used to get notifications from the AARP forum in my Spam, however, when AARP "fixed" the issue, I no longer get any AARP notifications.  Wished they didn't fix so that I can still at least get the notifications from the forum.

Congrats to your husband for winning an Instant Win! 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP