Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Social Butterfly

Extra Regret-it is back for May 2023

I picked up a $5 Amazon Gift Card and I am at a loss as to what else I would choose.  I truly wish I could be more positive about it.  However, this is the worst selection I have seen in a very long time making the Extra Credit for May 2023 an Extra Regret-It month.

AndrewToo
Social Butterfly

@Therapist4u 

I can hardly wait!!!

However, it won't be for 24 1/2 hours or so.

AndrewToo
Social Butterfly

@RenateW69623 

We have asked moderators about the strange differences in required points for gift cards.  The response, as I remember it, was something like: Every offering is different and the point requirements change based on internal factors of each offering.

AndrewToo
Super Contributor

For me it's not just this month.  Last month I stayed up and did the extra credit right after they showed up and only got the $5 Amazon gift card, because I didn't want to waste more than 1 of my 3 rewards on just a $5 card.  Then this month I decided I'd rather get some sleep than stay up and get only a $5 gift card, so I didn't even bother.  But I did see this morning that Barne's and Noble was still available, so I got that one even though it is still only $5.  Now I'll wait and see if I can get 2 $10 gift cards during the rest of the month.  I've started answering the surveys for comments (giving very low marks) to show my disappointment with this program. The Microsoft rewards program takes longer to earn points for a gift card and doesn't offer as wide of a selection as AARP rewards, but at least you are guaranteed to get a gift card you want of the ones they offer (Amazon, Walmart, Target, etc) whenever you earn enough points.  I prefer that over missing out on those same gift cards at AARP because they sell out before I can get them.

Social Butterfly

@rednexsrus 

It is a problem when the official rules are not posted over the entire weekend.

However, @tribble22 has been posting the links on the forum.  All three are available in his post:

https://community.aarp.org/t5/Redemption/Links-for-Athleta-4-30-amp-Amazon-4-29-IW-s/m-p/2495700#M72... 

Take care,

AndrewToo
Silver Conversationalist

@andrewtoo 

Sorry Andrew about the Official Rules for the Instant Win Free Method you like. Apparently they haven't gotten to that yet. Maybe it will get fixed soon.  

Good Luck 

lucyp061351
Social Butterfly

@HollisV 

Welcome to the Online Community!

Sorry you missed the Amazon deal.  The Amazon card doesn't last long.  Starting the Extra Credit at midnight is advisable.  Anyone who snagged that gift card is liking using it for their own account or giving it to a loved one who can use it.  It is the second largest retailer behind only Walmart in the USA.  I wouldn't understand a member redeeming the 25,000 points and not using it or giving it as a gift, either.

P.S. I always give my CVS gift cards to a family member because they use CVS for prescriptions and pick up other items there.

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Thanks - I am not new, though. 🙂 More of a lurker than a commenter.

Periodic Contributor

And I've usually been able to get an Amazon card on the first of the month - not in April or May, though. *shrugs*

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@andrewtoo @garyfish49 

Hi guys.

Based on the gift cards in the May Extra Regret-it activity I definitely have to agree with both of your observations. Truly this is the worst collection of extra credits any of us have seen so far this year.  

On a more positive note, I would like to say that for me this months Extra Regret-it activity is one for the books. I was truly amazed that I completed all three (3) of the activities without any technical difficulties, lags, glitches, or sorry please come back later noticies. 

This proves without a doubt that this program can be run without all the problems it has experienced in the past. Someone in admin knows what they are doing.

NOW  tech support needs to make a back-up of everything that is working tonight and store it in a safe remote server off site so it can be used to fix any problems going forward.

If it ain't broke PLEASE don't try and fix it   

Sadly that won't fix the insulting, measly cheap $5 gift cards we are presented with every month.  I truly hate these $5 gift cards (nothing more than a coupon) and I too managed to pick up the Amazon card in hopes some family member might have a use for it If not, I am sure as popular as they are someone out there would love for me to gift it. Just Saying 

lucyp061351
Periodic Contributor

When did you grab this? I logged on at 12:45a EDT and they were already gone. (I'm in Europe so it was 6:45a for me.) It's really frustrating because I *can* use them...which makes me wonder why those of you who can't/don't are redeeming them?

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

If you want these $5 extra credit gift cards on the first day of the month (especially the popular ones like Amazon or Kohl's), you need to log on at 12am EST and do the extra credit activities and then redeem the cards you want.

Silver Conversationalist

Some of us like to share out good fortune. Makes for a great Christmas, &  birthday gift 

lucyp061351
Silver Conversationalist

Unfortunately it’s sold out within the 1st hours of May!

sold out within the 1st hours of May!sold out within the 1st hours of May!

Super Contributor

1st hours? probably sold out in the first 30 minutes ☹️

Silver Conversationalist

GOOD GRIEF😒

After I got the $5 Amazon.com Gift Card....which is MEH at best....

there's not much else left .....

Oh well....

SIGH......

GOOD GRIEF!GOOD GRIEF!

Conversationalist

Andrew, "I second that emotion."

I too grabbed only the $5 Amazon GC, but hesitated before cashing in 25,000 points which takes 3+ days to earn at max daily points. Heck, they recently offered a $10 Points-Only Amazon GC for something like 30K points, so why not charge a little more than half that many points for a fiver?!? Guess what I'm saying is I have more than a little Extra Regret this month.

P.S. to Admin.:  At this writing, the banner on the main page still reads April, not May. 

Silver Conversationalist

Hey @garyfish49

@andrewtoo

Get ready for June Extra Regret!

LOL!

Take care!  ☮️  🌄~Allen 🌈  🎨

Conversationalist

Ready to Regret!

Expectations in Check!

Silver Conversationalist

Having issues getting points added for the June EC activities.  Got a message there is a delay in updating the points after completing a quiz.  A lot of people must be online to complete the EC activities for the $5 Amazon for 20K points!

Honored Social Butterfly

'Sorry, we are experiencing longer than expected delays in your point redemption, but your transaction is confirmed. Please check your transaction history in a couple of minutes. Thank you for your patience.'

and then, 

'Oops! An error occurred. Please refresh your browser to get back on track.'

If you see these errors, 'Refresh,' and CHECK TRANSACTION HISTORY. IF YOU DO NOT SEE THE REDEMPTION, GO BACK AND TRY AGAIN. I had to do this twice, because of the errors tonight. And, finally received an email confirmation. This month was not as smooth as May was. 😒

Honored Social Butterfly

⬇️  Do you think it could possibly get worse?  ⬇️

rednexsrus 
Silver Conversationalist
‎05-01-2023 01:42 AM

Hi guys.

Based on the gift cards in the May Extra Regret-it activity I definitely have to agree with both of your observations. Truly this is the worst collection of extra credits any of us have seen so far this year 

snicker-muttley.gif

Super Contributor

I haven't been able to figure out (and probably can't because there probably isn't any logic to it) about how points are decided for gift cards.  The same dollar value gift cards ($5 or $10) for the same company are offered for different point values, even on the rare occasion that 2 gift cards are offered in the same month (last month there were 2 $10 Amazon cards, one for 37,000 points and one for 35,000 points, neither of which is double the 25,000 points for the $5 gift card this month, but there was a $5 Amazon card for 18,000 points in April).  Not that it matters much to me, since I can never get these Amazon cards (or any of the other popular cards), since they always sell out before I even see them offered.

Silver Conversationalist

Hmmmm 🤔....where have I seen a discussion about the miserable pitiful Extra Regret-It offers.....with @andrewtoo   @garyfish49 & @Therapist4u before?

DÉJÀ VUDÉJÀ VU

DÉJÀ VU LOL!😄

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP