Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Community Manager
Community Manager

E-Gift Cards

During our initial few days of beta - we realize that there have been a few bumps in the road.

There were some issues with e-cards.

Points Only: There was an error with a link included in the redemption email for 3 brands โ€“ Safeway, Uber and Uno.

All users who used points for one of these e-gift cards will receive a NEW confirmation email tonight with the correct code included.  (Please Note:  The code is still only for one-time use).

Gift Cards for Purchase: All of these redemptions had a missing redemption link/URL starting around 9 am on 9/25. Weโ€™ve been working on a solution and believe we have it working, but if you experience any issues, please contact us!  

Thank you!  We are working hard to continue to make updates and fix any issues and appreciate all of your feedback.

AARPTeri
Trusted Contributor

Hi! I have never purchased a gift card here before. Am I correct in my understanding that the gift card redemption codes are only sent to me? Can I forward them to someone else? I mean, they are "gift cards" after all. I want to give them as a GIFT. I am just trying to understand how this all works - since I have just spent a long time trying to find the info on your website, and cannot.

Thanks for any help!

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@daniel4ever The e-gift cards are emailed to you, so you can forward them. 

Trusted Contributor

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

There is no additional payment for purchase E-Gift Card only PayPal and Apple Pay Only. Please add another payment like old programs.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I liked getting physical gift cards.  I am less likely to get them buried in my e-mail and they make a nice enclosure as a gift.

I think it was an assumption (by the new program) without evidence that everyone prefers e-cards.

Periodic Contributor

Some times it is easier to cut and paste rather than finding glasses and still getting the nunbers wrong. The option to choose which one would be nice. Maybe not having to supply an envelope and stamp would make more items available for everybody

g626
0 Kudos
Contributor

All the questions about Carnival gift cards and no positive answers from AARP other than "we're working on it."  Whoever is running the Beta test needs to find another career.  This is the Microsoft approach to new releases, put it on the street and let the users identify the bugs.  Pull the Rewards site off line, fix it and then re-release it.  AARP is too good of an organization to let something like this occur.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @jh36627153 

Good suggestions, but this is all intentional.  Rewards program already knew what to expect from the R4G program.  The program could have been launched without any problems, but that's to much like right.

It's like we're being told (We're giving you what you deserve, Nothing!)  Pay for everything and get a $2 discountSmiley LOL

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I see the points-only redemption for uber is back.  That's the good news.  But when I tried to redeem for it, it said "out of stock".  There's also a points-only redemption for Uno Pizza.  I didn't try that one.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Can someone from AARP please explain why gift cards for points were initially available but have since been removed and have not returned?

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

it was probably a welcome to the club thing. most of the offers were below the initial starting amount of points that were given.  i suppose that there are some things that you have to save up for but just when you have a million points they will change it again. strike while the offer you want is there and dont regret waiting for something better. hey the program is free and interesting. lets keep it that way.

g626
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

@g626g626 wrote:

hey the program is free and interesting. lets keep it that way.

AARP Rewards isn't necessarily free considering they're making people become paid members now if they want to buy certain gift cards. Gift cards that didn't require membership before.

And gift cards that are being sold for equal their face value, or $1.00 less than face value, isn't intersting at all.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Why is there no resolution for the Carnival ecards missing the pins. This is insane that this has not been resolved. How hard is it to look up a e-gift card number and supply the pin?
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Thank you Teri, I received mine!! I am loving this new program.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I purchased a Krispy Kreme gift card on 9/27 - I received an email saying success with a confirmation number but there was no link and the How to redeem area was blank.  I have not been able to find anyone that knows what to do now.

Periodic Contributor

i am glad that someone is paying attention to the way the program is functioning. since it is just starting you wouldnt want to put a bad taste in someones mouth. i can be patient with it being a new program that still might have some bugs in it. time will tell if all the grumpy people can be satisified.

g626
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

They were there a few days ago.  I remember Uber $15 was around 17000 points.  I hope they come back soon.

Regular Contributor

I checked a random gift card that was available for purchase with $$ and I saw that there was a limit of 1 per month.  I don't know if the cards that were available for points had that restriction too.  If they do, can you put them back sooner rather than later so that we can still get our orders for September?

Contributor

Why did you take all my points and where are the sweepstakes that we can enter?

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

For the Confetti 8x8 photo book, are there charges for shipping, etc?

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sl75349320   Shipping is always free!

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Wish Safeway, Walgreens, Lowes, etc big nationwide retail company points buy gift cards were offered. 

Community Manager
Community Manager

@Hokahey1491   We are still launching this new program, we will be offering more gift cards soon.

AARPTeri
Trusted Contributor

I never saw options to buy gift cards with points?

Regular Contributor

Yesterday there were many options to buy gift cards with points.  Now I can't find any.

Contributor

how do I get gift cards now?
0 Kudos
Contributor

how can I get E-Gift Cards now?

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @markd894787 

Not seeing Points Only gift cards at all, where are they?  I'm in All Rewards page.  ThanksSmiley Happy

Have a Blessed Day,

MarylinScreenshot_2019-09-29-11-32-19.pngScreenshot_2019-09-29-11-32-35.pngScreenshot_2019-09-29-11-32-55.png

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @markd894787 

I've looked at all Rewards and not seeing Points Only gift cards, maybe 1 or 2 that require a lot of points.  Where did u find them?

ThanksSmiley Happy

Have a Blessed Day,

MarylinScreenshot_2019-09-29-11-32-19.pngScreenshot_2019-09-29-11-32-35.pngScreenshot_2019-09-29-11-32-55.png

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP