Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Different point values for same dollar values

Conversationalist

Different point values for same dollar values

I see different point redemption values for cards that have the same $ value. Is this intended, or a a bug?

aarp-diff-pts-for-25.JPG

Cheers,
Ray

Trusted Social Butterfly

@ralmon 

Based on how much a $10 = 1,000 Foundation Points in R4G, means

Panera cost around $54 in points and Redbox cost around $41 and both valued at $25😮

That is definitely overpriced.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@Brightpool ,

Lynn, Points values are at Rewards program whim, made up as we go.  So I was right, takes more points to eat than watch a movie.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@mi4090 

You get more energy from eating too - lol

And let's not even think about the fact that the point redemption values are generally set way too high.

Cheers,

Ray

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

@fishdoggy1 - here to help! All videos have to be watched until the end in order to receive points. If you press the fast forward during the video you will not be rewarded points. Also, if you have watched the video and still didn't get points, try refreshing your browser, clearing your cache and cookies and looking at the “last activity” listed at the top of the page again. If you’re still not having any luck, you may want to log out of the AARP website, restart your browser and then log back in. 

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I, too, have wondered about the inconsistencies in AARP Rewards.

In some ways, those of us who were in the AARP Rewards for Good program were spoiled by the consistency in most of the activites and benefits. We knew where to find things and how many points we could get for finishing the activities and how much things would cost in points and cash, if any. We also knew where we stood with points.

AARP Rewards doesn't seem to be following any pattern in points earned and redeemed nor in the discounts on available gift cards and such. Each new offering is a surprise, both in its actual description and cost differences from other similar items in points or cash. The assignment of the costs for the items seems more to be contingent upon somebody's personal whim at the moment and less on any historical precedent.

If you're not confused, you haven't been paying attention!

Surprise!

Enjoy!

Regular Contributor

I just watched the taking blood pressure video twice, no points awarded. It also does not run in a constant stream, starts circling to keep going, I can watch youtube just fine, so it takes twice as long to watch the video on AARP rewards.As to the value of Redbox compared to Panera I think it is obvious that one is worth way more, what can you get at Panera for $1?

Retired Moderator

@ralmon @mi4090 There are varying points value for each item. The points required to redeem these items is not an error. Point values are unique to each offer.

AARP Community Manager
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @ralmon 

I guess it takes more points to eat than to watch a movie.  I noticed it too, felt that Rewards program does whatever they want to seniors (i.e. here you go suckers).  Amazing the number of errors, has to be the best job in the world.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP