Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Has anybody else having trouble buying gift cards. system keeps telling me to verify my account'

Contributor

Has anybody else having trouble buying gift cards. system keeps telling me to verify my account'

Is anybbody else having trouble buying gift cards. system keeps asking me to verify my account over and over. Havr tried using google chrome and Microsoft Edge with negative results.  called the rewards line twice and on second time person managed to get the system to allow me to purchase a gift card but now the system is back to rejecting my efforts.   

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

I can confirm that your Rewards account has been verified. Can you please describe what you are seeing when you are trying to buy a gift card? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Contributor

System just keeps repeating to verify my accountnover and over.  check my cart and it shows one item in cart but i can not go any further.

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

@ubj, since your account has been verified, we need to find out what is happening. Can you please try logging out and then logging back in, using the Google Chrome browser and let me know if that works? Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I tried using google Chrome with the same results, it keeps telling me to verify my account.  I also receved an e-mail from AARP telling me to call 1-866-451-6305 and they will attempt to help me.  I will wait to hear from you before I call. Thanks

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@ubj Thank you for your reply. I am attempting to trouble shoot for you and will escalate the issue if necessary. Your account should be verified since you have been getting points for activities, but I can also see from your membership account that you and the primary member have the same landline phone number. A phone number can only be once to verify an AARP Rewards account -- meaning, you can't use one phone number for two different AARP Rewards accounts. Are you attempting to verify your AARP Rewards account with this landline phone number? 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP