Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: Carnival gift cards

Message 101 of 139

Got mine too, though I was under the impression I was getting a physical card that was going to be mailed out. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 102 of 139

I got my new ecard and spent it. Hallelujah!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 103 of 139

The new reward program is absolutely nuts! 

As a former businessman myself, I TRULY don't understand why they marketed the new program to their members as being an upgrade of the old RFG program when it was blatantly obvious that it was (is) multiple bad ideas thrown together and labeled "improvement".

Honestly, I think they would have been better off...and would not have generated as much anger and frustration...if they had simply killed the RFG program and replaced it with nothing.

To me, this is a classic case of (as my old boss used to say using tennis terminology) "an unforced error".

Garnett

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 104 of 139

When do they anticipate this problem to be resolved?  Are the gift cards coming back to the rewards program?  Obviously this is something members want.  Patiently  waiting to purchase them-

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 105 of 139

@AARPTerri Does that mean that they are all going out today? That would be great as I also have a cruise coming up soon. Thanks.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 106 of 139

Same here. I've been told "several weeks" I cruise is coming up soon so I really need for it to be delivered sooner rather than later. Ive checked my ups choice and nothing is pending delivery. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 107 of 139

@b74524s   I am sorry you had that experience.  I have checked and you will receive an email with the shipping and tracking of the card today.  You can then expect to receive the card tomorrow.  Please let us know if you do not.

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 108 of 139

AARP Teri, Finally had a response 2 days ago which offered us a return of money or a physical card.  I chose the physical card and was told it would be mailed out yesterday 10/3 with expedited shipping.  This morning I called AARP rewards and the customer service rep told me it could take up to 12 weeks to get the card.   When I asked to speak to a supervisor she said in broken English that should could give me the number of the group that issues the card.   I said sure and then she proceeded to give the the generic number to Carnival Cruise Line.  Frustrating!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 109 of 139

@nwbw10 wrote:

The Carnival gift cards were the only reason we pay for AARP. I keep checking and hope they bring them back. I have been reading that they will be limiting them to one $500 and one $100 per month though. 

That's right, one per month of each amount. Or at least that's what it said before they were removed. It also said up to 3 a month if you buy them from different retailers. Whatever that means. It's wrong, in my opinion. The Carnival gift cards have been very popular for years and bring a lot of traffic to AARP, so to say thanks, they force people to pay to become members just to buy them, then tack on a ridiculously low limit to boot. People often need more than 1 a month leading up to their cruise. That low limit severely hinders how many people use these gift cards.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 110 of 139

Likewise please let me know when the ability to purchase the Carnival cards returns.  This was a real benefit and it would be a shame if it is not returned.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Ask the Expert: What advice do you need to better manage your stress and anxiety?

Clinical Psychologists Barry Jacobs and Julie Mayer will answer your questions on how to cope with the major life change, anxiety, and sadness we are all facing these days. Ask a question now and tune in live on May 27, 3-5 p.m. ET.

Top Authors