Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Periodic Contributor

Giving up on another Extra Credit Dash

The stress of this site is not worth a $5 gift card.

I tried to get the Walmart card but got the "Sorry, we are experiencing longer than expected delays in your point redemption, but your transaction is confirmed.   Please check your transaction history in a couple of minutes.  Thank you for your patience.

They should add - you most likely just wasted your time and to be honest we don't care and you can expect this every first of the month.  

Trusted Contributor

I didn't get to the site in time for the Wal-Mart card.  I did all the extra credit at my leisure and didn't get anything for points only.  I felt less stress.  Thought it was refreshing.

I used points for a tailored bag a while back and wanted to use it as a pool bag.  Instead I received 3 little cheap shopping bags in the mail.  I'll donate them to a food pantry since that's not what I want to take to a pool.  

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Thanks for the heads-up, @PaulK47321. The error you received was due to high traffic on the site on the first day of the month. I've taken a look at your history, and it didn't go through, no points were deducted. You can check this information on the Transaction History section of the AARP Rewards site. - Diana G.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I got the same message two times.  I kept trying because I don't trust their messages.  The third time I got the message that it is limited to 1 redemption.  So I assumed I got it.  But they didn't take the points from my account.  So I tried yet again and got the same limit message.  So I was blocked from redeeming for the card.  They never took the points and I have not received a card.  My husband was able to get the card after I was given the limit message.

I had not redeemed that offer.  My last Walmart card redemption was that ridiculously high 54000 pts at the beginning of the month. 

Super Contributor

Definitely agree that this rewards program is not very rewarding.  I prefer a program where you earn your points and then can use them to get the reward you want.  Not like this program where I usually can't get the reward I want because the gift cards are always sold out, I never win Instant Wins or Sweepstakes, or I get error messages.

Regular Contributor

The exact same thing happened to me as well, no Walmart card received.

Community Concierge

Hi @MariaK113398, was this issue for the instant win or was it the sweepstakes? - Diana G.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

@AARPConsumerCare

We are all talking about the $10 for point Walmart gift card that was offered on March 31st.

On  April 1st the $10 Walmart gift card was still not sold out and we tried to obtain it. We received a message that made us believe* we got the for point gift card (for 32,000 points I believe) but no gift card was awarded, sent or received. To be clear, it appeared eventually that points were not deducted either. Please see my message posted on the 1st and placed below. As always an acknowledgment and answer would have been and would still be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

By the way the sweepstakes just started and cannot yield any gift card yet. 

*For your knowledge this was the message that popped up at the time of the transaction: "Sorry, we are experiencing longer than expected delays in your point redemption, but your transaction is confirmed.   Please check your transaction history in a couple of minutes.  Thank you for your patience."

Community Concierge

@a170938b I'm terribly sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. We have reported this to our team to look into further.  - Janelle M.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Thank you, Janelle.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@a170938b You're welcome.  - Janelle M.

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Hi Diana G. @AARPConsumerCare

“this issue”>>>> is ONLY related to the beginning of April 1 at 12:00 AM EST when the new sweepstakes & instant wins became available...we all had problems watching EXTRA CREDIT vids for no points...& trying to redeem  points for gift cards! Read all the comments to see a sample of what happened.

But the most important issue was that of trying to redeem points for the $10 Walmart gift card! It was available for a few minutes & I & others got the CONGRATS....you are eligible for this reward....but when confirming the next step...yes...I want to spend the points.....& paused as normal...waiting to get the final confirmation...& then email to claim it...instead...I/we got the "Sorry, we are experiencing longer than expected delays in your point redemption, but your transaction is confirmed.   Please check your transaction history in a couple of minutes.  Thank you for your patience. When trying again as suggested... I got the same Walmart card message saying my transaction is confirmed....but "Sorry,... we are experiencing.....

The end result is that I & others waited in good faith.... but it never arrived! Any further attempts to try again later....eventually would say...now the $10 Walmart gift card’s SOLD OUT!

I’ll await a response...Thanks ~Allen

Kudos
Views
Community Concierge

@Therapist4u, I apologize for the inconvenience. We reported this issue. You can confirm directly on your Transaction History that no points were deducted for that specific gift card. Thanks for letting us know. - Diana G.

Regular Contributor

I got the same Walmart card message saying my transaction is confirmed but am still waiting for the $10 gift card.

Community Concierge

@LR54 The last redemption on your account was for the $5 Panera card. I'm sorry the transaction was not successful. You can confirm your redemptions by checking your transaction history here: https://www.aarp.org/rewards/transaction/?cmp=SNO-LITHIUM---&socialid=13064130573#view=redemptions  - Janelle M.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Janelle, thank you for acknowledging my post.  You are correct that my last redemption was a Panera gift card but that has nothing to do with the issue I raised.  If you look at the time of that Panera redemption, it was after midnight.  Before that, immediately at midnight, I redeemed the Walmart $10 gift card that was being offered.  Your system responded with the message that the redemption was successful and that I would get the Walmart gift card but there would be a delay in processing (as other people have attested to).  I am still waiting for the gift card and points to be redeemed.  I expect that AARP would honor what their system stated.

Community Concierge

@LR54 You're welcome. Unfortunately, we are not able to manually process a redemption. Since your points were not deducted, the transaction was not successful. I'm terribly sorry for any frustration this has caused. I have flagged this to my supervisor so that our team can investigate what happened with this Extra Credit deal.  - Janelle M.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I agree that the response does not address the issue.  I got that same thing saying my redemption was successful.  What's worse I kept trying and then was told I was limited to 1 redemption.  But I didn't even get that 1 redemption.  Too many website errors.  AARP can not keep having these with no fixing these problems.

Gold Conversationalist

@shamit  This is the most frustrating part.  Losing a redemption and getting nothing.   Happened to me some time ago.  Points were returned but not the redemption.   That's a loss and system needs to be corrected so that doesn't happen to you or anyone.  Hopefully those who didn't get the extra credit will have an opportunity to redeem for something else this month.   But they need to give you your redemption back!

Regular Contributor

It is stressful.  I need to forget the extra credit at the first of the month.  I saw the $5 extra credit gift cards and decided to go for the Walmart $10 gift card.  It was still available.  I got the same message:  your transaction is confirmed.  I have not received the gift card.

Community Concierge

@JB96552 I'm so sorry for any stress you've experienced. Please contact us so we can check on your account: https://aarp.info/3epCObA.  - Janelle M.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I got the same message.  But no Walmart gift card!  Waste of time staying up.

Community Concierge

@11320cs, the message you received was due to high traffic on the site on the first day of the month. I've taken a look at your history, and it didn't go through, no points were deducted. You can check this information on the Transaction History section of the AARP Rewards site. - Diana G.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I personally think they should honor their error message.  I should have kept trying but I stopped because the message said what it said.   This happened to me last month too.   

I just lost it last night.  I watched a dumb video that was over 4 minutes and get a message no points  rewarded because of tech issues after missing out on Walmart due to tech issues.  Like - it still stresses me thinking about using the Rewards site.  Someone should be fired.

Bronze Conversationalist

Same here. I called AARPRewards and as usual they were very nice but very unhelpful. 'Sorry for that message.....there are no more gift cards....."

I told them that it feels like a scam  and the transaction should be honored.

Crickets of course.

Kudos
Views
Periodic Contributor

AARP Rewards really does not care.  Monthly Extra Credit deals that sell out in hours???  Daily Deals that sell out in seconds???   Site that consistently can not handle the volume of users???   Lies (And yes if AARP site says your transaction is confirmed and be processed later but it never gets processed and AARP - that is a lie) ???   Bogus Support responses - sorry you wasted your time - our site was busy wasting a lot of people time...     I really do think they owe everyone who got that message a $10 Walmart card but that probably exceeded the few cards they had available.   AARP Rewards site really is stressful.  The Extra Credit midnight dash is stressful.   A simple fix - Make all Monthly Deals good for at least day.  Make all Daily Deals good for at least an hour.

Community Concierge

Thanks for your feedback, @PaulK47321. It helps us improve our service. - Diana G.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP