Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Community Manager
Community Manager

Carnival Gift Cards in AARP Rewards

We know you are all looking for these - and we will be sure to update you here when they return!  

AARPTeri
Periodic Contributor

Immediately after touching the purchase button. It did its processing cycle on the screen then the next screen was an error from the website. Not a congratulations or thanks for your purchase. Error was written on the screen in the standard rewards website background. It looks like the purchase went through. My credit card shows the purchase pending. However I haven’t seen an email or anything. Junk included. 

Periodic Contributor

I had the exact same issue. Got the error screen. I did the purchase again and it worked. My banked posted the transaction. I bought the gift card 4/11 and I have not received anything. My cruise starts 4/22 

Periodic Contributor

@AARPJanelleM can assist help me as well please?

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Welcome to AARP! I see one email that was sent on April 10th that I've resent, so double check your spam folder. I'm not able to verify the cruise gift card purchase, so you might want to double check your purchase. If I can help with anything, let me know!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

What was the email? My bank posted a processed transaction of $450 so now I'm getting annoyed that I spent that and don't have what I paid for 3 days later 

Community Concierge

@StevenC25827 Hi Steven, the email that was sent on 4/10 was for the magazine subscription redemption. When you spoke with our escalations team on 4/14, they provided you the phone # to reach out if the refund does not show for you. Please be sure to reach out and let them know if your statement does not reflect the correct info. 

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@GabrielC984090 I show that you successfully purchased 4x $500 Carnival gift cards. Have you received those emails? Be sure to check your spam folders as well. 

Periodic Contributor

Hi. The gift cards showed up by email right at about 72 hours. Thanks for the help.  

Community Concierge

@GabrielC984090 You're welcome!

Contributor

Hi when will the carnival gift cards return

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

On the AARP Rewards page, filter 'All Rewards' drop-down to 'TRAVEL.' See below. They appear to be available right now. 🙂 

CCL.png

Honored Social Butterfly

Could you please pin? The whole place is full of newly threaded Carnival GC issues, and then some. Thank you! 🙂

Kudos
Views
Periodic Contributor

Hello! Yesterday, 1/15/23, I purchased two carnival gift cards that I need today to pay for a cruise. I have not received a confirmation email yet, or an email with the gift cards in it. My question is, is if I don't receive them in time can I cancel the gift card order and get a refund. I have already been charged by paypal for the cards. Thanks!

Periodic Contributor

I'm having the same issue! Not sure what's going on!!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I am having the same problem.... Going on 7 days and no email, no gift cards. Spoke to customer service and responded to emails with info they requested, and still nothing. Was your resolved ? Did you get your gift cards? 

Contributor

Just out of curiosity, are you using a Discover card? It seems to matter what kind of card you use. We had no luck with Discover, but Visa and Mastercard work fine.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@TamelaH306545 Hey Tamela. I see this was resolved on 3/10. Please let me know if there's anything further we can do!

Periodic Contributor

I have the two that I ordered! I apologize.... I had to finish the second text (show quoted text) to get the second one to come up. Thank you so much for handling this!  

Community Concierge

@TamelaH306545 Glad to hear it! You're welcome!

Periodic Contributor

I ordered 2 ($500) gift cards..... I only received 1(one).  I sent a reply to you about this but have not received a response or the 2nd gift card.

Periodic Contributor

Tamela,

I did get it resolved. I had to be very aggressive and use both JanelleM the concierge here, and email AARP support. I had to be relentless, but I got it taken care of. Keep hounding them, and make sure that it gets escalated every time you talk to someone. Good luck. 

I will say that once I got them, it was no problem using them at all. 

Kudos
Views
Community Concierge

@JessiS965509 I'm sorry, refunds cannot be provided for Reward items purchased. I reviewed your account and I see that this issue has been resolved. I'm always here to help if you need anything!

Kudos
Views
Periodic Contributor

Hi Janelle,

I purchased gift cards on Monday and have not received anything in my inbox or spam folder. Any help?

Thanks!

Community Concierge

@DanneZ704223 You got it! I see there is a technical issue on your account and I have sent this to our designated team for assistance. You can expect a resolution within 3-5 business days. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything further I can do!

Periodic Contributor

Thank you so much!

Community Concierge

@DanneZ704223 You're welcome!

Periodic Contributor

So a week later and still no resolution. I was sent an email saying that they needed more info from me. I called and left a message at the number they gave me and still no response. Any help Janelle? Thanks!

Community Concierge

@DanneZ704223 Please use that phone # again or reply to the email from our escalations team so they can let you know what additional info will be needed. 

Kudos
Views
Periodic Contributor

I have called 3 times now, emailed twice, and asked for your help twice. Still no response. I have left my phone # for them to call back. Never heard back. Talked to an agent yesterday morning, and they told me that they would have to have the agent assigned to my case call me back yesterday. No call. I paid thousands of dollars for gift cards 9 days ago. I have no gift cards, and an agent will not call me back. I either need a refund or my gift cards. It's not an egregious request in any way. How do I escalate this Janelle?

Thank you for your help. 

Periodic Contributor

I am having the same problem and getting the same answers and run around as you did.... 

Was this ever resolved for you... Did you receive your gift cards? 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP