Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Are "Points Only" Gift Cards Gone Forever?

Trusted Social Butterfly

Are "Points Only" Gift Cards Gone Forever?

Hello Community,

I'm sure I heard that this program would be better, but I haven't seen but (2) Points Only deals in the All Rewards section of Redeem.  It's for the Modern Way to Stay Healthy Medicine Container for 65,000 points and 15,000 pt. Water BottleSmiley Sad  

Am I looking in the wrong place for the Points Only Cards?  Please someone let me know.

@AARPTeri are there any cards, if so where are they?  Will there be any?  Thanks for your help in advance.

Have a Blessed Day,

@mi4090 

Trusted Social Butterfly

@AARPCaroline  & @AARPTeri 

Thanks for starting the "Daily Deal" again.  It seems very similar to the Members Only gift card deals.

Could you please let us know if any of the "Daily Deals" will be "Points Only"?

Thanks for your response in advance.

Have a Blessed Day,

@mi4090 

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

@mi4090 The Daily Deal may offer points-only in the future. Check back as @AARPTeri posts sneak peaks about them in the Redeem folder.

AARP Community Manager
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello Community Warriors

I think everyone should have an opportunity to use their points for the "Points Only" deals , not just the members in the eastern part of country (i.e. UNO & Tim Horton's)๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ 

AARP Rewards stop the favoritism!!!  Use only national deals that everyone can benefit from.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

I think Brightpool had it right on another thread.  It's not so much favortism as it is which businesses have opted to do business with AARP.   I cannot imagine full price is paid for the gift cards.  I'm thinking they are either donated for advertising purposes or discounted.     Hopefully everyone will find something over the course of a month with our three opportunities.   Never had the luxury of winning something before but now that I've gotten a nice card for points, I'm thinking I need to pick and choose which I try for.  

The $75 Ulta card is a fabulous prize that I'm not trying for.  Had a $10 card from the newspaper some time ago and couldn't find anything I wanted....but the college girl next door gets packages from them frequently.  Some prizes will appeal more to some than others.  We do have an Uno.  I looked up Tim Horton locations as I thought it was a Canadian chain.   It apparently is but expanding into the US.    @mi4090   Hopefully some regional chains from your area will soon participate.  I grew up in a rural area and would not have been near much of anything.  Even now it would be a 40 mile drive to pretty much anything.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @HokiePoq 

AARP Rewards isn't a regional program, an absolutely nothing should be offered that is regional for "Points Only" or as an "Instant Win". 

We should only be offered national deals that everyone can benefit from with their points. The local deals are regional deals.

AARP Rewards, if it isn't a national vendor then don't offer it to the community and show favoritism.  WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!!!!

@AARPCaroline

Is this legal to keep excluding large parts of the country with a national rewards program?  Someone needs to check with the Legal department.

@HokiePoq

I don't think there should be any exceptions for this behavior on the part of AARP's (national) Rewards program.  This is just my opinion, and if you think about it, it's very unfair.  I'm sure members in the Eastern part of the U.S. aren't complaining because they have more benefits and opportunities than the remainder of the country.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I'm actually okay with some gift cards being local-ish. Although I agree with that there should be a kind of balance. Have some gift cards for western states, some for the southern. I certainly won't complain if AARP ever has a decently priced gift card for HEB.

If we're looking at coffee shops, let's move on from Tim Hortons and do some Starbucks, though. My body still handles coffee well, and I'll gladly compete for some SB coffee โ˜• Smiley LOL

Cheers,

Ray

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @ralmon 

Ray, what is HEB?  I guess you mean Starbucks for SB. 

AARP Rewards should consider becoming a regional company and rewards program since they benefit mostly the Eastern/Northern part of the U.S.  I'm sure a lot of members in the South & West would drop their memberships.

Starbucks would a great offer for "Points Only" and Instant Wins.  Tim Hortons & Uno aren't beneficial to the entire country.  AARP has members in more than the East.

Screenshot_2020-01-23 starbucks location in the US - Google Search.png

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@mi4090 

Hi Marylin.

HEB is a Texas grocery store chain that was recently rated #1 US grocery store. Here's an article from the Dallas Morning News about it:

H-E-B is rated the top U.S. grocery retailer in new study, beating Costco and Amazon 

Haha, I suspect the survey is a little skewed, and did not include opinions from places outside of the store's business reach. Nonetheless, if there were ever any regional gift card to be offered for us Texans, HEB would be the way to go. Smiley Very Happy

Cheers,

Ray

Gold Conversationalist

@ralmon 

Thanks for the info on HEB.  I had not heard of it but if ever on a road trip through Texas will check it out.   Must be great to outdo Costco!

@mi4090  I doubt Walmart has any interest in advertising here or discounting their cards for AARP.  They have no incentive as they are already the market leader.   

Perhaps admins can comment (or perhaps not) on how cards are selected for this site.  

Costco discounts some cards  $79 for $100 worth of cards.  I doubt they are losing money but may offer them at cost.  (Never Walmart for same reason I just mentioned).  I have seen Uno there at this price and have purchased Starbucks $100 for $79 to separate and use as Christmas gifts.   The old program used to have Starbucks cards but have not seen them on the new program.  I will say that the plastic cards could be used as gifts; the electronic "cards" not so much.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @HokiePoq 

That's a great suggestion, Costco & Sam's Club would be great to offer as "Points Only" and Instant Wins. 

These are at least in my part of the country. 

Hope you're getting some "Points Only" & "Instant Wins" now you're on the site.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@mi4090 @HokiePoq 

The only US state you'll find HEB is Texas at this time. However, I was surprised to learn that there are around 50 locations in Mexico.

Costco or Sams Club discount memberships would be a great addition. I can still justify the Sams $45 basic membership, but a discount on that would rock even more.

Cheers,

Ray

Gold Conversationalist

@ralmon 

Yes they would be good.   

The only membership club in our area I've seen discounted membership is BJ's.    They are much smaller than the other two and not everywhere.  I love them because they take manufacturer's coupons along with their own plentiful coupons, even on the same item.   Plus they have the lowest gas prices in town and then discounts it ten cents more per gallon if you use their credit card.  Members earn $20 discounts as spending accrues on their credit card.

Would drop Sam's membership except DH uses their RX discount.   

Costco is the best IMHO and their credit card is great.

I have not seen any promotions on either Sam's or Costco memberships.   BJ's would probably garner the same complaint as has been voiced here a number of times.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@ralmon 

Ray, they should consider getting some grocery store deals added to the Local Deals section.

How much of the south does HEB cover?  I've never heard of it. 

But, WalMart would be a great option, due to the the fact there's one everywhere.

Have a Blessed

Marylin

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello Community Warriors

I think everyone should have an opportunity to use their points for the "Points Only" deals , not just the members in the eastern part of country (i.e. UNO & Tim Horton's)๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ 

AARP Rewards stop the favoritism!!!  Use only national deals that everyone can benefit from.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello Community Warriors,

I think the $25 Panera Bread "Points Only" deal was great. 

It seems to me when the deal is sold out it would be replaced with another $25 or greater deal immediately or at least by the next day.

There are some "Points Only" deals that have been in the Redeem section for weeks that apparently no members want to take advantage of.

Community Managers and Warriors,

Do you think the "Points Only" deals should be replaced when they sell out with different deals of same value and new deals rotated after remaining in the Redeem section after two weeks?

What do you think?

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@mi4090  

I agree the Panera $25 offer was fabulous!  And for the first time I actually got something!

But.....

I never got the email with the code/link.   I called and talked to a nice man who resent it.

I still didn't get it.

Back on the phone tomorrow to try to figure out what the problem is.   I don't get the rewards newsletter either.  I do get oodles of other AARP newsletters.  I dont know what the difference is that the rewards communications don't come but the regular AARP things do.  Not in junk or blocked or anything like that.  WIerd....and I REALLY want that $25 offer.  I had this problem getting the webletter with codes in the old program until someone fixed it right before the programs changed.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@HokiePoq 

I had same problem with receiving my replacement for the Lord & Taylor instant win, but everything else was making it to me.

Stay on it and Congrats.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Retired Moderator

@HokiePoq, you're welcome! Yes, always let us know when things aren't getting to you. 

AARP Community Manager
Gold Conversationalist

@mi4090 

This board is magic.   When I got notification of your post, there was my email!

HOORAY and thanks to whoever made that happen!

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @HokiePoq 

That is a big HOORAY โค

Enjoy๐Ÿ˜‰

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

I'm bumping this back to top

Have a Blessed Day,

@mi4090

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Happy Holidays @AARPBriana , @AARPJodeeR , @AARPCarlaS , @AARPTeri & @sandy 

I have a reply post an a original post for this thread, can the reply (i.e. RE) be added to the original post?

Thanks for starting a Points Only section for us.  Could you please consider $25+ national gasoline, restaurant, grocery, Amazon, Wal-Mart, Target, pharmacy cards for us to use the numerous points accumulated on.

Have a Blessed Day,

@mi4090 

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

So I guess it takes a couple of days for the enhancements to kick in.

Back to business, what about those $25 plus gift cards for national restaurants, Wal-Mart, Target, national drug stores, gas stations and theaters and grocery stores locally.

Thanks Management for letting us know if there are plans for any of these.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Management, bumping up for response to request on this post.  Thanks

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@mi4090 

Not management of course but replying anyway, lol.

I have noticed that the instant win games (l00% lose for me) this week have had some pretty expensive items.   I still have a number of $5 cards in my purse....carry them in case I get into one of the places...from the 3 p.m. games.   Oh the good old days, at least for me.

I am finding it very time consuming to accumulate points and never get the max amount before losing patience.   It is difficult to keep up motivation without an occasional payoff.  That big $0 saved on my signin page looms large.   

It's good to know some real people have won these games so I know it's all legit.   But really one needs only do one video or quiz to fund the daily and weekly game entries if there are no larger motivators.

Silver Conversationalist

Hi Mi4090

I see none of the Rewards Community Managers bothered to reply to your post. ๐Ÿ˜ž

AARPTeri is pretty good about replying, maybe she missed this one ๐Ÿ˜ž 

I am thinking that AARP is not really into what the members want. It would be different if we were asking for something that has never been done before. Under the old R4G progran we had points only rewards, much better sweepstakes ( CASH). I do like the instance win feature, just increase the value a little.

My 2 cents

lucyp061351
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @rednexsrus 

Lucy, thanks for bumping this post back up Heart  Management is ignoring all post concerning "Points Only" gift cards and what members want:smileyfrustrated 

We have to ask for what we want, more $25 plus Visa gift cards especially.

National gas & restaurant cards, Wal-Mart, Target, Amazon valued at $25 plus dollars "Points Only" .

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello Management

There are many request for various types of "Points Only" gift cards members want included as replies on this post.

Management if you truly value your paying members, you would be reading, listening and acting.

Points Only Gift Cards for $25 plus for restaurants, gasoline, Target, Wal-Mart, Visa and Foundation donations.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Bronze Conversationalist

Bumpity, bump, bump!

Contributor

Iโ€™m only able to play 3-4 items daily. Some items I want that are points only will not open. Seems Iโ€™m racking up a lot of rewards points but unable to apply to anything. The format of this rewards program is easy and there are good and bad points, but I miss playing for instant and daily prizes, instead of 3-4 prizes which I donโ€™t even like but play just because the others do not open for me. 

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP