Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿค” What Are You GRATEFUL For EVERY DAY?

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿค” What Are You GRATEFUL For EVERY DAY?

32 comments (11/20/22) We should be GRATEFUL every day, not just on THANKSGIVING!!!

They say when we APPRECIATE what we have, MORE arrives when we least expect it.

So what are YOU grateful for TODAY? ๐Ÿค”

โžก๏ธ Feel free to post several times a day, every day, and so on....

Let us ATTRACT more GOOD things into our lives! YES, we can do it...... ๐Ÿ‘Œ

To reply to this post, click on REPLY BUTTON at bottom of this post, enter your text, then click REPLY BUTTON again.

Nicole ๐Ÿ™‚ (Our Front Porch Forum)

Honored Social Butterfly

I am thankful that we were able to get together with our three Daughters and tere families despite freezing temperatures and blowing snow.

We had pancakes, eggs and sausages breakfast. Then we opened gifts and took pictures of the group.  Everyone was able to get home and I took an afternoon nap. 

image000000(2).jpg

image000000.jpg

Two of our grandchildren.

FB_IMG_1671987162320.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I am great full that our family is able to help our oldest daughter make one of her clients family Christmas extra special. She works with foster children at Dane County Social Services. 

We got a list of things that they could use and our family is able to come up with all the items they asked for.

She is on the way to pick up the items Mary and I have.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I'm great full for another day to be out and about before the stormy weather coming from the West Coast gets here. Time to get to the store for a few things.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

CnCD-_EWAAADaof.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (12/2/22) I am GRATEFUL for tomorrow is the day for my Video Call with my only child. She is what keeps me getting up each day in Retirement. My best friend! Nicole ๐Ÿ™‚

Silver Conversationalist

Bless her heart for what she does for you.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I'm grateful for the 28 beautiful years of marriage that I had with Dan. He was a wonderful man. I know a lot of people don't get that. He was amazing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment ๐Ÿ‘‰ (11/30/22) Yes you are correct @CarolynS674392, mine lasted less than a year when I divorced him. Thanks for stopping by, Nicole ๐Ÿ™‚

๐Ÿ‘ˆ

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

๐Ÿค—IS this hugs? I'm not too good with emojis.

Honored Social Butterfly

Top of the morning everyone. I'm great full today for the new people that have joined us on the Front Porch. You have all added new life here.

I joined here in January 2009 and have seen many changes to these AARP groups. I'm so glad we have taken politics out of the boards and maintained a user friendly Front Porch for all of us to enjoy.

May you all have a blessed day.

Anonymous
Not applicable

3 comments ๐Ÿ‘‰(11/29/22) I am GRATEFUL for the Mountain View from my one window in my Studio Apartment here in Roanoke, Virginia. Picture Attached. What are you GRATEFUL for today? ๐Ÿค” Nicole ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ‘ˆ

Silver Conversationalist

I was just thinking what a beautiful way to have your morning coffee and greet the day. I'm thankful that you sent it so we all could appreciate it.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment ๐Ÿ‘‰(11/30/22) Thanks @LeeS4949, yes - I live for those mountains = encourages me each day that one day I will be back in Melbourne, Florida with my daughter. The last time I saw her was 2019 when she came here to Roanoke, Virginia. We got to see the penguins for my birthday. Nicole ๐Ÿ™‚

๐Ÿ‘ˆ

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

I absolutely love penguins lol. Every time I visit the New England Aquarium I spend a lot of extra time at the penguin exhibit. Its the first exhibit when you enter the place. Ive always wondered how they can be so awkward on land yet swim so gracefully.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

3 comments ๐Ÿ‘‰(11/28/22) I have lots today! First, my refrigerator and cabinets are FULL after my trip to Walmart at 8am EST  this morning. Thought I was going to "die" when my 6am alarm went off. I am GRATEFUL Walmart was "empty" and all the items I needed were on shelves. I am GRATEFUL no one ran me off the hill and allowed me and the other Old Lady (my 2006 Hyundai Elantra) to ENJOY the mountain view. Luv my mountains except when it snows or ices over. ๐Ÿ˜ฑToday was "perfect"... Now YOUR turn to share with us.... Thanks, Nicole 

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

There are lots of things. One is that my 22 year-old car is still running and doing well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment ๐Ÿ‘‰(11/30/22) Lol @CarolynS674392I have 2006 Hyundai Elantra and GRATEFUL she still makes it up the hills here in Roanoke, Virginia. If you do not mind sharing with us, what do you have? Thanks, Nicole ๐Ÿ™‚

๐Ÿ‘ˆ

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

It's a Chevy Cavalier.

Honored Social Butterfly

I'm hoping that our faithful members would introduce yourselves to the New people that have stopped by and posted here.

It would be nice if you would comment on what part of the country you are from. What some of your interests are. How long you have been a member of the Front Porch. 

I'm Dave and joined AARP and the Front Porch in January 2009. I posted on some other groups but lost interests in the political groups. Our Song group died. There are some which I am the only contributor to but would be happy to others posting.

I live in South Central Wisconsin and my wife and I have lived in a large retirement center with progressive care for 2 1/2 years! We have a dinning center the provide 3 meals a day.

We asked that you refrain from political and religious posts 

Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment ) Hi @DaveMcK , I think with AARP shutting down their Political Forum, you lost your folks. I see they are geared to Awards/Games and lol, at certain times of the day we are bombarded with complaints from those forums. I often wonder where is the money coming from for these Gift cards? Would be nice if AARP would help out with the Medicare and Social Security Crisis. At age 64, I am concerned. Nicole ๐Ÿ™‚

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Anonymous

I tried to be active in a couple of the political groups but gave up! At best their were only 4 or 5 members that understood the rules of debate. I posted them a couple times but it remained a group of old men calling each other names.

There was a lot of false comments about the different political parties and politicians.

In other words there was nothing lost when they where closed down.

Actually there were only couple of political group members that posted on different Front Porch topics.

Honored Social Butterfly

For now I'm very grateful for all of the new posts and posters on Topics on the Front Porch

Mostly I'm grateful to see some new topics started and replied to.

WELCOME TO THE FONT PORCH ONE AND ALL HERE!

Anonymous
Not applicable

5 comments ๐Ÿ‘‰(11/27/22) A BIG THANK you for all the Rock & Rollers and Front Porchers for making this lonely old lady feel welcome!!! Your kudos and responses to my posts touched my "insides". Missing my daughter in Florida and she is VIDEO CALLING me at 5pm EST today. Party Time!!! Nicole 

Silver Conversationalist

A big thank you right back! You contribute so much every day,your insight,sensitivity and good humor make your thoughts and observations so wonderful to see and read. Loneliness can be crushing at times,but you are definitely in the right forums to alleviate some of that,not only for yourself but many others as well. Please keep doing what you're doing,and thank you for all you've done.๐Ÿ™‚

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

(3 comments) Thank you for your "kind" post @LeeS4949 ! Do you have any suggestions on ways to "encourage" New Members to join in? Luv your Welcome Mat posts. You are indeed a caring member "welcoming" New Members. Nicole ๐Ÿ™‚

Silver Conversationalist

Thank you for the kind words. It was primarily the various topics that got me here, I originally just signed up to play pool but the forums are so interesting I don't play pool much anymore. I'm afraid I'm better at commenting on the topics than I am thinking up new ones,that's why I enjoy welcoming new folks here. I know how it made me feel when I was a newbi. I think if we welcome new people honestly and sincerely,they will see that its a good place to visit and stay. Its a great place to be but we need more people like you to keep it fresh and new. That helps keep that loneliness wolf from the door.  Thanks again. You are a blessing here.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment) Hi @LeeS4949 , you are welcome ! Wow, I did not know they play pool here? So how do folks (lol, not me ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ) find the pool games? Thanks, Nicole ๐Ÿ™‚

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

I was searching for an on line pool game of some sort and just kind of stumbled onto the AARP site. I did a  ball pool search an there it was. There are all kinds of other games as well,something for everyone's tastes. Believe me,if a dinosaur like me can find it anyone can.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi I am Angelique Martin 54 yr old WTAMU Senior and AARP member since 2018 from Amarillo Texas. I am 5 classes away from my Bachelor's Degree and I am so grateful I was able to go back to school but unfortunately I will not be able to graduate as planned on December 13, 2022. I had transportation and Technology issues which hindered me from using the school's computer lab and tutoring services. I tried to find help through the school but this is almost the end of fall semester and I am behind without reliable transportation, I have no chance to make up the missed assignments and exams. I am so close to completion but was unable to obtain the resources needed to succeed but none less I am still grateful I got to come this far but now my dream is shattered and I will not earn my BAAS in Business Law and Ethics.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP