Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿ“Œ Virginia Discussions Thread!

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ“Œ Virginia Discussions Thread!

4 comments (12/3/22) Hello Everyone!

I live in Cave Spring, Virginia which they insist on calling Roanoke, Virginia sometimes. ๐Ÿ™„

We are a suburb in Roanoke and you could NOT pay me to live in Roanoke. High everything - homelessness, crime, housing, gas, food and so on.

That is what the government here calls Roanoke City. My area Roanoke County.

I retired July 2020 and hoping to "return" to Melbourne, Florida where my only child lives. We both left Florida in 2015. She accepted a job in Arlington, Virginia and I went to Manassas, Virgina. She didnot like Virginia and returned to Florida in 2018.

I would luv to hear from folks who live in Virgina, use to live here, have family here, visited here or would luv to move here.

To reply to this post, click on REPLY BUTTON at bottom of this post, enter your text, then click REPLY BUTTON again.

Thanks,

Nicole ๐Ÿ™‚ (Our Front Porch Forum - Virginia Discussions Thread)

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (12/24/22) Received both an email and text from my power company. Hmmm, they need to have the cops come to my neighborhood for all the lighted Christmas trees I see through all these windows, outside lights on and the mansions with their outside light displays. I don't know how folks can do this knowing thousands of us do not have power. GRATEFUL mine is still on and freezing my you know what off with thermostat at 62ยฐ (what they requested). Here in CAVE SPRING, 18ยฐ (feels like 5ยฐ), 14mph wind (howling outside). Nicole ๐Ÿ˜ค

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Who is recommending 62ยฐ?  

Oh wait, I just went to the Appalachian Power website and read this: Storm and Outage Details.

Looks like VA got the hardest hit of their tri-state service area.  You're right, peeps need to cut off the Christmas lights. Bummer, but they are not crucial to safety.

Extremely cold temperatures across the region have created extraordinary demands on the power system. We are asking businesses and the public that have electric service to help by immediately reducing electricity use as much as possible without sacrificing safety.

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (MONDAY 12/5/22 12:14pm EST) Just saw this on my Google News Feed and NOT surprised. Folks NOT wearing masks and on top of each other in WALMART when I go. Not me, mask on and "keep your distance from me" = 64, had ALL 5 Moderna Shots and yearly Flu shot.

โžก๏ธAny opinions on article?๐Ÿค”

COVID rates creep back up in Virginia. COVID-19 is making a comeback just in time to plague the holiday party circuit.

What's happening: Hospitalizations in Virginia were up 40% last week, per the Virginia Hospital and Healthcare Association.

LINK TO THIS ARTICLE

To reply to this post, click on REPLY BUTTON at bottom of this post, enter your text, then click REPLY BUTTON again.

Thanks,

Angela ๐Ÿ™‚ (Our Front Porch Forum - Virginia Discussions Thread)

Honored Social Butterfly

The article says mainly the far southwest of VA is seeing high levels.  I live on the other side of VA -- the northeast. 

Here is a handy-dandy guide from the VHHA to see how your region is doing.

For sure masks are rare these days, but I have never liked people breathing down my neck and cramping my space.  Often I will use a shopping cart, whether I need it or not, as a kind of barrier between me and other peeps, pushing or pulling it behind me as needed. 

๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿ›’๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿšถ

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP