Learn how to use Uber, Lyft and other ride-sharing services!  Register now for a free AARP webinar Nov. 18.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Morning Roll Call - July and August 2019

Message 161 of 194

Image result for beautiful coffee sayings

Yassssss, Porch Peeps!

That's me this morning.  Just trying to get it together after a long day of yardwork yesterday and a long shift at work last night (sixteen hours).  Feelin' kinda droopy and just a little bit poopy.  So I'm counting on coffee (being the elixir to solve all things) to help get ME back in order.  Slurp.

SLURP, SLURP, GULP!!!

I haven't been outside yet, but folks coming into work this morning tell me it is already hot and very humid outside.  Sticky.  These are the days I thank God for air conditioning!Image result for cartoon image  of someone being blown by fan

Anyway, I hope all is well with each and everyone one on Our Front Porch.  Stay cool as much as possible.  But don't forget to step outside to get some of that free Vitamin D!

Viva La Summer!!!

Lydia

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 162 of 194

Hi, All. Happy Monday!

Could be our last day of low humidity. Today is nicer than yesterday All my windows are open right now. This is such a bonus, but we are going to pay dearly later this week.

@MsStretch ...what a unique experience you had in the quarry!

I thought I said sweet and low.jpgI thought I said, "sweet and low."

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 163 of 194

MsStretch,

What a great post. Glad you got to go. Nancy.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 164 of 194

HHH in VA, too.  How about spending it at the bottom of a rock quarry?!  Whew!

Got to go on a cool (figuratively, definitely not literally) adventure yesterday to a rock quarry in Culpeper, VA to see dinosaur tracks!  Some people might think it's geeky, but I was absolutely fascinated!  It is a operational quarry, but once a year it is open to a limited number of visitors and a friend scored a car pass so off we went to ooh & aah.

02-dinowalk-071319.jpgTracks of a dinosaur from the Triassic Age. Probably a Theropod, a meat-eater.

01-dinowalk-071319.jpgClose-up of a track that has been sprayed with water to see clearer.

03-dinowalk-071319.jpgAt the location in the quarry

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 165 of 194

Hi, Everyone,

Guess we’ll be heading back weather-wise into the HHH’s this week. So far this summer I’ve been able to do the open bedroom windows at night thing, but have a feeling that won’t be possible this coming week.

After my trip to the grocery store this AM, I had my coffee and breakfast on the porch. It was a little steamy out there, but I know I won’t be able to frequent the porch much this week, so wanted to enjoy while I can. Wondering if I can have my wine out there this evening??? @LaDolceVita ...I hear you about the ugliness of the humidity. Cat Frustrated

Missing the pool, but oh, so grateful I don’t have to do the work. Plus with the bad storms we’ve had, it would have been such a mess to handle. Another good thing was my electric bill! HA! Haven’t seen it that low for years!

One negative thing so far this summer is my Ebay sales slump. Guessing all the doll people are on vacation. Oh, well…that’s fickle Ebay for you.

Enjoy the coming week!

Cooling_off_cats.jpgA little ice would be nice!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 166 of 194

@LaDolceVita , I'm sorry the hot weather is not to your liking or tolerance.  Hope the temps go down a bit for you.  As for me, it is HOT--yes!  But the warmth seems to help my aching bones and the sun just elevates my overall mood.  So like I may have said before, I am in my element as summer is my favorite time of year!

@Frozenoem , hope the staggers aren't too troublesome today.  Hope you feel better.  Glad my garage excavation is now done.   But I've got another big outdoor project looming this week.  Yippee!  Of course you know I'm being sarcastic. Smile.

@catwoman500 , please send me some of your fireflies.  Very rarely get to see any here.  But I have seem 'em in the past and they are so light and lovely.  Just like a night light with wings.

Image result for pic of fireflies

Be well all and be good to you!

Lydia

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 167 of 194

I really really hate this weather.  It does not sound bad 86 for a high but combined with 70% humidity it feels pretty awful.  No coolness as you step out the door even at 6AM.  49 more days to go before relief will be in sight.

@Frozenoem  Feel better soon.  @catwoman500 I can easily picture your retreat.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 168 of 194

75* and sunshine in Maine.

Trying to delay the inevitable stagger with Chell.

Spent the last half hour busting Fake Dell support for Neighbor.

I think I now can call day quits.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 169 of 194

Good Afternoon!

It's all clouded up right now...Storms supposedly "a'comin!"

Knock on wood that I've been able to push the AC up every night so it won't go on when I open my bedroom windows. I really enjoy the birds chirping in the AM and the sweet smells of trees and gardens. Hate being closed up like winter.

I've also been able to sneak out onto the porch in my nightshirt to have my coffee the last 2 mornings. Today the lawn guys pulled up and I had to make a fast retreat (at least as fast as my poor legs could go) into the house.

Lately I've been noticing the overabundance of fireflies around here this summer. It's like a convention!

Have a fun day!

front porch coffee mug.jpgEnjoy!

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 170 of 194

@LydiaN586309 

Be grateful for not living working in AZ, spent 4 months in summer there once.

120* days and 90-100* nights, felt like I had died and went to an inhospitable place. Went from 70* Boston to 120* Phoenix and Tempe. Not pleasant!

So offer hope for cleaning a 25x50’ garage for a poor Mainer, a mere 5.5 hours including rafters. 

Presently a comfy 72* in Maine with rain coming in for afternoon thunderstorms.

Enjoy all 

Froze

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season