With an AARP membership, there’s always more to discover! Check out your member benefits.

Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: MORNING ROLL CALL! MARCH-APRIL

Message 81 of 226

@catwoman500   I cant type with my thumb .  My eyes are not great either.  But I still pretend I am young haha!     Have you watched Mrs Wilson on PBS? We are on 2nd episode, I quite like it!  I want to check TVTalk , just cannot find the time to get there. 

@MsStretch   I cannot even attempt "thumbing it".    A woman at the grocery store saw me texting and was laughing, said she had to do it the same way I  not like the kids.

@Frozenoem  I believe you fixed my problem!  No problem this AM.  I just tightened the wire to the monitor.  Be careful outside.  Inside too.  Your weather sounds awful

We are quite warm in Georgia!   60s over night, way too warm for April IMO.  All windows open all night, almost too warm for turtleneck. 

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 82 of 226

@n566192l 

Unfortunately I’m feeling every single broken bone in my body right now, humidity and cold are a PITA.

Won’t pay emergency rate for restart 🤬, hoping for Monday just trying to last.

Froze

Fiscal responsibility 😡

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 83 of 226

Frozenoem,

I will be sending you out a package this week 😀. I hope you get the furnace working, with more snow headed your way.  I still can't believe all the snow you had to deal with this year.

Nancy

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 84 of 226

51* and snow coming tonight.

@MsStretch 

It was a thought for tethering.

Safari works for AARP and me, only an occasional cuss word, generally in PM’s. 

All I did for excitement was a minor patrol of neighbors. Lights in empty house. No footprints or breaks, I may be getting too old for this stuff.

Think I need to play with furnace again gonna be colder when the snow starts, another 8” + coming.

And play in woodpile again, snow is really getting old this year.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 85 of 226

@Frozenoem wrote:

@MsStretch 

Tether perhaps?

Froze

I'm with Straight Talk.  No tethering.

BUT apparently, the Verizon call center isn't always up-to-date on what is happening in the field.  Last night at about 7 PM, a Verizon bucket truck showed up on street, then a couple more trucks.  I was told a FedEx truck took out the fiber optic line and indeed, they ran a new line the length of the street (dead end, I'm at the end).  That was the easy part.  They worked on the connections, final touches until middle of night.  Meanwhile, I had hooked my TV up to PC as a dual monitor, so I could watch DVDs.  (I am not used to total silence, always have TV on for background noise.)  Sometime during 'Spartacus' (the Starz version, not Kirk and Tony), I heard my alert for mail, so knew I was back online.

So happily typing (and knocking on wood) on my keyboard once again!

(For some reason, the AARP format just doesn't do well for me on mobile devices and it does not play nice at all with my preferred browser, Opera.  Have to use Foxfire for just AARP.)

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 86 of 226

@MsStretch 

Tether perhaps?

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 87 of 226

@LaDolceVita 

Dual pm’s Sent , I just hit happy mode coffee intake maxed.Cafecito Cubano!

Read and re-read all posts. Double check warranties.

@n566192l 

PM sent.

Time to stagger, spikes deployed 🤣

Froze

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 88 of 226

@MsStretch , @LaDolceVita ...Yep, same here. Nothing like a desktop for doing all my stuff.

I could never do my Ebay stuff on a tablet or phone. I can't even text the "thumb" way on my phone. I have to hold the phone with one hand and text with the other index finger...so lame! Cat LOL Thank goodness for the suggested words that pop up!

Gorgeous day here today! Still 65 with sun.

Oh, no @MsStretch ...just saw your new post! That is so weird. Sorry you'll be without your computer!

Birthday party was fun today.

Right now it's wine thirty!

Tomorrow grocery shopping and Ebay listings.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, everyone. N.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 89 of 226

@MsStretch wrote:

@LaDolceVita wrote:

I am lost w/o desktop.  Ipad & phone do not take the place of big screen for me, I dont know how others do it.    

Had to laugh, LaDolceVita. I am right there with you. Love my desktop. Not only big screen, but an honest-to-goodness keyboard!

Have iPhone and Samsung tablet, but I do much better typing with all fingers than I do 'thumbing' it. Wireless keyboard. Wireless mouse (yep, still like those too). I'm a happy camper.  Woman Happy

YIKES! Funny how I just posted that and lost my internet & TV. (Also not so funny that Verizon won’t be able to fix until Monday! 🤬) Anyway, now I’m forced to use iPhone (no data plan with tablet) and I am having a helluva time!

Time to get lost in the woods.  Gone hikin’. 🥾  (So much for being a happy camper. ☹️)

Tags (3)
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 90 of 226

@LaDolceVita wrote:

I am lost w/o desktop.  Ipad & phone do not take the place of big screen for me, I dont know how others do it.    

Had to laugh, LaDolceVita. I am right there with you. Love my desktop. Not only big screen, but an honest-to-goodness keyboard!

Have iPhone and Samsung tablet, but I do much better typing with all fingers than I do 'thumbing' it. Wireless keyboard. Wireless mouse (yep, still like those too). I'm a happy camper.  Woman Happy

Kudos
Views