Refresh your driving skills and you could save on auto insurance! Take the AARP Smart Driver course.

Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: MORNING ROLL CALL! MARCH-APRIL

Message 31 of 226

@n566192l  Wow, what a weird thing.  I drive an old Honda minivan, have not heard of this.  @Frozenoem   I guess the cold preserves (some) people well!  I mean your 101 year old neighbor. 

One day of winter here before we return to early summer temps.  Everything looks beautiful after a nice rain.  No severe weather here.  @DaveMcK   Your temps are warmer than ours!

Twice now I thought plantar fasciitis had healed only to flare back up.  I have been doing the exercises, have insole.  I had a particularly hard day with mom, going up the stairs over and over one day last week. Sure enough it flared with a vengeance.   Last night I resorted to Voltaren cream, has helped some. 

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 226

Hi, All!

Although it's cloudy, it's 75 and that is a win! A few sprinkles a while ago, but keeping windows open for now. Soon the storms will arrive. Hoping they are not all that they are hyped up to be.

Just dyed my Easter eggs...it never gets old. Guess it's one of those things I'll always do.

Hope everyone is staying safe from any kind of nasty weather.N.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 226

53* and clouding up, for tonight’s weekend activities. Rain, rain and more rain.

Finally looked up while walking, and noticed the mountain directly in front of me. Which means all ice is gone from roads, or I need to get a new longer cane.

@MsStretch 

My Dora is a non- imbiber and beyond that not touching it.

Someone must have given her a list of requirements for computer build or else she’s a cinematographer.

Never argue with custom build orders.🤣 I just wish she’d remember her password, or use a post-it.😇

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 226

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch this Friday April 19th, 2019! We have a totally clear blue sky and an exprcted high of 58* and warmer this weekend.

We are spending today cleaning the house and picking up some hot cross bun for the weekend. 

sawn-balusters-porch-017.jpgFB_IMG_1555556348381.jpgFB_IMG_1550937259964.jpgFB_IMG_1552661984049.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 226

@Frozenoem wrote:

@MsStretch 

At this point I feel like I’m over saturated, my 101 year old neighbor just passed me doing a sprint.

While I felt like her grandpaw, in deference and defense she has great balance and no need for cane.

Glad your ferals survived, wonder where they sheltered, the barn?

The earth shattering question is did Dora survive or was she given a place in the house, yet?

Also admit just spoke with a Dora, and had a vision of yours throughout the call.When it’s the 120th day in a row of telling someone their password that they chose there might be a similarity.🤣

Froze

I have no idea where the kids went during the storm and ensuing action. No barn, but plenty other assorted cubby holes and sheds to hunker down in.  Maybe even under my deck -- that's where Mom brought up the kids when I first discovered them.

Good ol' Dora. You've got me LMAO. She survived and did NOT blow out in street this time. Of course, she is zip-tied to chair now, and miraculously, the chair stayed put, too. Omigod, can you imagine if she had been laying out in middle of street when rescue showed up?!  Holy cow!  Dora is currently a soggy mess, but she keeps hanging in there.  She is a sad, pitiful remnant of her former self and I really think it's past time she got laid to rest.  I'll have to post a picture, but it is too dark right now.

For those of you who don't know Drunk Dora, she is a scarecrow who was born one Halloween.  She had a skull for her head and an everpresent bottle of wine and sat out by the street.  She never went away, so when Christmas rolled around, we put a Santa hat on her and decked her out in solar-powered Christmas lights.  During one of those bomb cyclone storms, she got taken out and half her body was blown out in the middle of the street.  A neighbor called and I went out to retrieve her.  It looked like a body lying out there at night!  Someone threw her back in the chair and we spruced her up again accessorizing her according to the season/holiday throughout the year.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 226

@n566192l 

39* and raining , with the river rising.

You have been pm’ed.

In answer to your question/statement yep, thet’re Pricey 3-7 Grams of platinum in each converter. $28 gram scrap.

BUT, some Honda catalytic are $69 new on eBay. It’s Maine you just knew a neighbor had to have a hot rod/demolition derby/salvage yard.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 226

GREETINGS,

I spent the day moving my neighbors cars. There seems to be a group of people who are targeting old Hondas. Apparently, the catalytic converters in these cars are worth money. Several cars have had there catalytic converters taken right in front of people homes. I understand it only takes 15 minutes to remove the part. So , I am storing 3 old Hondas for my neighbors. Replacing this part is rather pricey. Some people have paid over 1,000. 

64* and nice here in New Jersey.

Enjoy your evening 😊

Nancy

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 226

@MsStretch 

At this point I feel like I’m over saturated, my 101 year old neighbor just passed me doing a sprint.

While I felt like her grandpaw, in deference and defense she has great balance and no need for cane.

Glad your ferals survived, wonder where they sheltered, the barn?

The earth shattering question is did Dora survive or was she given a place in the house, yet?

Also admit just spoke with a Dora, and had a vision of yours throughout the call.When it’s the 120th day in a row of telling someone their password that they chose there might be a similarity.🤣

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 226

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch today on this 18th day of April 2019. We had weather issues in the Southwest part of Wisconsin with wind, rain and hail. We had thunder and rain hear. Today's storms are moving through area's Southeast of here. We will be cloudy and have a high of 50* today.

Sounds like April showers have been much more than that in some of our Front Porchers area's. 

We will be having family over for the Easter weekend. Our oldest daughter will have everyone over for brunch on Saturday and will be dying Easter eggs at our house in the afternoon. We will not be doing much on Sunday. 

650x432xfront-porch-trim-018.jpg.pagespeed.ic.QON5sep4RQ.jpggettyimages-685470342-1024x1024.jpgFB_IMG_1550864720752.jpgFB_IMG_1544042551968.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 226

No flooding here, but over-saturation is what brought down the healthy tree.  Indeed, there were several trees in the area that missed houses by inches.  According to several news reports, first responders had problems getting here the other night due to the debris. The sheriff department and arborist were called for assistance.

I heard the tree fall the other night, but it sounded like it was in the woods behind me.  My deck is built around a big oak.  Scary, for sure.

Funny, amid all the tragedy, I was running around checking on all the feral fur kids when a reporter commented on my Kitty Kamp which miraculously survived the high winds.  I just knew I would find that in the woods behind me.  She told me she had seen one of the fuzzy ones.  Whew!  All were accounted for and feisty and hungry.

Sunny and quiet today.

Kudos
Views