Check out the 10th anniversary edition of ’99 Great Ways to Save,’ AARP’s annual guide to saving money.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: MORNING ROLL CALL! MARCH-APRIL

Message 121 of 226

It's been a while since I've written here, so I thought I would let anyone interested know what's going on here in middle Georgia.  We are finishing up the second and last week of our annual Cherry Blossom Festival.  Since I no longer drive, I haven't been around to see the blossoms and have been limited to the photos posted on FB or shown on TV.  From what I've heard, this is one of the years when the blossoms haven't really cooperated with the festival.  They reached their peak a week early.  This is nice for the people who live here, for the tourists, not so much.

This is one of those events that sends me into all kinds of nostalgia.  My now-ex husband came here as the TV news anchor in summer of 1981.  It was supposed to be a temorary job so I stayed in Atlanta.  The following spring he came home telling me of the great new festival the city had started and now much fun it was covering all the events, many of which he knew I would enjoy.  I came down and visited the next year and by the third year, after we recognized the job was not temporary, I left my job in Atlanta and moved down.

On the final weekend of the festival is the Mulberry Arts and Crafts Festvail, which is actually older than the CBF, but merged with it after that first year.  This was the first place where I found the courage to show my own art work.  I had been here for only a few months and still knew almost nobody in town.  I made my first sale that weekend and also met a lot of people, including the members of the Middle Georgia Art Association, that aponsored the arts festival,  Little did I know how that would lead in the future.

For many years I was an exhibitor a Mulberry Street and then later was in charge of it while employed by MGAA.  There have been years when the weather didn't cooperate at all.  I'm glad to see that this year has been, and continues to be, a good year.  We've had very little rain and temperatures ranging in the mid 60's to low 70's.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 122 of 226

36* and sunny, finally had good nights sleep 5 hours vs too long or not enough😎.

The puddles are expanding, and snowbanks are dwindling, saw the roof of a F450 oil truck coming down the street when I went out.

First true sign of spring is when you can see vehicles without driving out midway onto street.

Won’t be long until cars become there real color vs gray, and my neighbors Audi will be seen again vs only heard coming.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 123 of 226

Why?  I feel very reliefed after the second one.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 124 of 226

Never ever trust a repeat fart!

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 125 of 226

When I farted (fotted) in church one Sunday.  The priest said  "I didn't understand you, would you please repeat what you said".

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 126 of 226

28* and sunny, courtesy of Spring the snow is melting in driveway flowers by May?

@catwoman500 

Have settled the coffee problem for now several bags of DD have arrived.

Admit it was hard to think before my first 20 ounces of caffeine, let alone debug a Network.

@LaDolceVita 

The leather couch in question is just too darned soft for my liking, made more for sleeping/lounging than sitting. It has swallowed more than one neighbor.🤣

I won’t miss it when I move😇. I just prefer a nice rocker or recliner for comfort.

Time to play in the garage, need to find a scope and signal generator that I haven’t seen lately.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 127 of 226

Hello, Porch Peeps!

@Frozenoem ...no caffeine? Hope today is better for you.

I'm good...had my usual before I even got dressed and then the unending pot at the restaurant where I had breakfast with the retirees from my school.

Hard to believe the "feels like" temp was 21 this AM. Had to wear my parka (hopefully for the last time this month.)

At least we have sun for now. We are increasing the temps and no rain in the forecast until Sunday. By Saturday we should hit 70...I'll wait for it.

Hope everyone is good.

Anyone for a cruise on the west coast of Norway? So many shades of wrong happened there! (Don't get me started.) N.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 128 of 226

Figured an edit of previous comment needed, one Dunkin Donuts in next town kinda.

Blocked from my am hit by filming for new Tom Berenger/Stephen King movie being made. Allagash?

Had the Same general reaction when hometown had another film being made, with the sheriff from Jaws Schneider ? And the Librarians Star Noah Wylie?

Stand in the way of coffee, I get cranky, in the way of my double espresso a tad more.

Froze

Caffeine free but, brewing🤣

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 129 of 226

32* and sunnier than my disposition., days not looking particularly rosy at the moment.

It’s warmish yes, and the ice makes a nice crunch but, geez tough to get footholds.

Need to attempt the post office.Re: The aurora it didn’t happen here, either.

B9C6844C-4A7B-4945-999E-D3E0483C6BFB.jpegNo Northern Lights!

Froze

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 130 of 226

@Frozenoem   I know about the couch thing.  I have a futon in the basement, so it is mostly metal & the boards which sit on it.  I currently have to replace the topper, which is on the floor in pieces.  The replacement I had chosen 2 weeks ago has been nibbled only to find little balls with some sort of gel spilling out.  I moved that off the frame pretty quickly.  Once they discover fabric as fun they never stop, even when they are old!

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Kudos
Views