Check out the 10th anniversary edition of ’99 Great Ways to Save,’ AARP’s annual guide to saving money.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: MORNING ROLL CALL! MARCH-APRIL

Message 131 of 226

@LaDolceVita 

Chell will model new coat when it arrives, if she doesn’t eat it. She likes to chomp some fabrics and leathers.

Don’t ask how I know but, never liked that couch.🤣

@MsStretch 

Had the same luck with Northern Lights here, scanned the horizon and nada.

Maybe tonight for another chance East pre MN, West after MN. 

But, have a friend up in Millinocket that may have faired better, will post picture if they do.

Froze

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 132 of 226

@n566192l   OK, the coat got my attention!  Must see Chelli wearing the coat.  Ok, if she does not model the coat will you post a picture? Woman Very Happy

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 133 of 226

@DaveMcK   Great pictures of the family Dave.  I am very boring lately, nothing new to report.  Yeah, spring is nice but I prefer fall!  

My mom continues stable but it is depressing to see her an invalid.  My great escape is Acorn TV, right now watching Irish police dramas.  Funny but police shows are usually not my cup of tea, yetI am totally hooked, cannot wait for the next episode every evening.  

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 134 of 226

Image result for beautiful sunrise pics

Top of the Mornin',  Front Porchers!

Yes, yes, I know that St. Patty's Day has passed and the greeting I chose is one for the Irish, but that's the way I'm feelin' today--"Top of the Mornin'!" 

The birds are increasing in numbers and they were sure making a big racket when I opened my door this morning.  They were perched in the trees and on the lines--just chirping and singing away.  They had emptied the bird feeders I had just filled the other day.  But I had no time to stop and refill them this morning as I was already running late. 

Image result for beautiful sunrise

The sun was so bright as I travelled into work this morning, I had to wear sunglasses.  But the sunrise was truly beautiful.  Still a bit on the chilly side, but nothing like it was a month or so ago. So there'll be no complaints from me.  I am just glad to be here to see the sunrise and I am enjoying these first few days of Spring.  

Image result for animation of spring

Hope everybody is now experiencing the change in season and a softening of the weather.  It's Spring afterall.  So enjoy!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 135 of 226

There was a slight possibility that the Northern Lights might even be visible in the DC/northern VA area, because it was in the outer fringes of the geomagnetic storm, but alas... I was just outside taking the ferals on a walkabout and no spectacles to ooh & ah (not to mention the geo storm was predicted to hit about 11 AM at which time it would have been too light).

Isn't nature amazing?

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 136 of 226

Thanks Dave!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 137 of 226

Northern Lights from Space, courtesy of NASA!

FB_IMG_1553380949535.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 138 of 226

Hi, 32* it’s a heat wave to me, windy as a bugger dancing 80’ pines and maples blowing in the wind.

Dont know about the Northern Lights, guess I should charge a phone/camera just in case. It should be dark enough to see with naked eye, if in a non-light pollution area.

It was for my previous viewings but, that was during my 35mm and 120/220 days, translation haven’t seen negatives or prints lately.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/03/23/northern-lights-northern-us-canada-see-aurora-...

Now, it’s off to the garage, need to write down some old test gear model #’s for sale. And maybe sell a 1937 console. Tired of 👀ing at old stereos, mono’s, radios, etc.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 139 of 226

@n566192l , I did hear that about the Northern Lights being more visable to the south, but we won't be able to see it here...they mentioned New York as being a possible state for viewing. I hope someone is able to catch it.

@Frozenoem , maybe you can see it? Not sure.

Well, it's nice to see the sun back after about 36 hours of rain here. It's not warm by any means, but at least cheery! 38, feeling like 31 now...not exactly normal for this time of the year. Cat Sad

Last night was our Chinese dinner night and it was nice the rain had stopped for a bit. When we came out we saw it had rained while we were eating.

This morning my pool guy stopped by with some details about the project. He said this is a sad day. Glad to see the project moving along, but I'm sure it will be weird without the pool in the yard.

Enjoy your weekend, everyone! N.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 140 of 226

GREETINGS,

The local News reports that the northern lights will be visible tonight. This is do to a solar flare. Not sure if I am going to be able to see any of this splendor.

41* windy. Just picking up donations for Share tomorrow. My daughter is back from New Orleans. I am happy about that.

Great picturs Dave, you have a beautiful family.

Frozenoem, hope all is well.

Everyone enjoy  your day.

Nancy

Kudos
Views