Search

MORNING ROLL CALL! ! ! OCTOBER -DECEMBER 2020 CLOSED

Honored Social Butterfly

MORNING ROLL CALL! ! ! OCTOBER -DECEMBER 2020 CLOSED

Goodbye 2020, Hello 2021.

goodbye september hello october.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Honored Social Butterfly

Morning 44* and foggy, awaiting Hughes and Dish for customer, hope to escape and return home tonight.

Had the absolute joy of running audio cables and setting up projector by gas light. Today genset, then can see how invisible a 3-600” TV can be🙏.

I hope after hiding speakers in walls and floors. Can’t steal if you can’t find🤣.

That’s it from somewhere in Maine, my digits are cold, can’t wait for Wifi , courtesy of Hughes so no trees are required for smartphone calls. Fireplace is calling.

Froze

Enjoy peeps 

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Conversationalist

Good Morning!

Cold here in Chicago this morning, yet looks like it will be a beautiful day for us.

May the Lord keep all of us safe

Shari

Shari
Bronze Conversationalist

Good grief!  I had to practically tie my leg to a tree while feeding the birds outside this morning!

30 mph wind, with gusts of up to 50 mph.  And the temps only being in the 20's and 30's today.

I'm hunkering down and sealing up the doors!    Happy Sunday, everyone!  😀 💨 🌬

Honored Social Butterfly

Dang, 24* and cloudy took a nap? at 4 pm Saturday, and just awoke.

Flashing lights on clocks say we lost power for hours, doubt if I missed anything. Has t conceded yet?

Need to play, do PT, and bring in more firewood 45-50 mph gales called for tonight may be brisk.

Count me down for the count today, need to set-up a home entertainment center for customer, as soon as I translate the manuals into English. Off-grid no electricity unless generator is started, city folks to country.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Conversationalist

Good Morning, Afternoon, and Evening,

It is cool here right now, suppose to get into the 50's today. I am researching today for at home positions and freelancing. Don't want to totally retire, but I think it is time to look at other possibilities with COVID getting worse.

Have a great day everyone!

Shari

Shari
Bronze Conversationalist

Morning, Frozen!

Haven't lost electricity here, but wind gusts are blowing hard here.

I remember bringing in firewood when there was a wood burner to keep warm in the old house.

Wow!  Hours of dragging in wood and stacking, stacking.  Sometimes in weather so cold you couldn't feel your face.  But that beautiful, encompassing heat was lovely.  There was nothing else like it.

I miss it sometimes when all I have to do is have heat at the click of a button.  But I sure don't miss the labor and that darn cold.  

Watch your step in that wind!  Stay cozy.

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning, Peepers!

I hope you are enjoying this fall morning.  It's really cold here today.  I  think we are only expecting a high of 45 degrees and very overcast with rain anticipated tonight. Anywy, I'm in a mellow kind of mood today and found the sultry voice of Doris Day fit just how I'm feelin' right about now.  It started with Autumn Leaves and has just quietly moved on.  Will be lighting the fireplace soon and just R-E-L-A-X in front of a warm fire with iced lemonade and ginger snaps.

Doris Day - Autumn Leaves

Hope you all enjoy today whatever you do and take a moment to listen to the musical tunes of this memorable songstress.  My mood is set for the day.  Smile.

Lydia

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hi, All, Good Saturday afternoon to all of you.

@LydiaN586309 ...cold here also, but nice to see the sun. 🌞

So, I had my burger yesterday, and it was worth the year plus wait.  So big I had to bring half of it home.

French fries, too!! What a treat!

Made my day, month, and year.

Hope you all have a happy hamburger weekend. 

My hamburger looked a bit like this one...

Unbelievably delicious!Unbelievably delicious!

😻

Honored Social Butterfly

Per Mike at AARP:   Yes, you can delete your own post. It's in the topic options or the three dots. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@DaveMcK wrote:

Per Mike at AARP:   Yes, you can delete your own post. It's in the topic options or the three dots. 

I am on a desktop and I am not seeing this option. I can 'Edit Reply', but I cannot delete it. 

Under Topic Options at top of page (3 dots), I have the option to 'Unsubscribe'.  But Topic Options references the entire thread, not just my post, so a mod may have the option to delete an entire topic/thread, whereas the rest of us would not.

I looked for @AARPMichaelP 's post about this in About Our Community, but it must be buried and I gave up.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@MsStretch. I was not able to find those delete functions either!

I have messaged AARP again on Private Messaging to tell them that we can not find the delete functions. 

Have a nice weekend!

118692699_1620465314784546_7696187122275323193_o.jpg103816608_181942330015642_4409286387243731605_n.jpg

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @MsStretch and @DaveMcK, I got to the bottom of the issue. It appears that in the switch over to the new design this setting was turned off automatically. We just turned it back on. All community members should now be able to delete their posts and replies if they so choose. 

Thank you both for bringing this to our attention! Sorry, it took us a few days to get rectified. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Thank you @AARPMichaelP .  The Delete option appeared in the menu today on my Windows PC.

Bronze Conversationalist

Thank you Dave.  Have a nice weekend, too!

Bronze Conversationalist

(Wanders in with coffee in hand, slippers slapping the floor)

'Morning everyone!   What are you talking about?  Oh!  Deleting a post?  I'm with MsStretch. I don't see the word "delete" in the topic options...just "edit reply" is at the very top of my list too.

(Shrugs). Sorry...

Bronze Conversationalist

(Wanders in with coffee in hand, rubbing the sleep from her eyes) 

Good Morning, AARP world!  A whole 21 degrees here, but only 14 factoring in the windchill.

With the sun hitting the ground frost, it's like little diamonds sparkling everywhere.  BEAUTIFUL!!!

Here's wishing everyone a productive, healthy and safe day....wherever you are.  😊

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hey, Peeps!

Friday the 13th.jpg

Hope you all have GOOD luck today. My friend says that Mercury is coming out of retrograde, (whatever that means.)

Going out to lunch with a couple of friends today. Hope to have the first hamburger I've had in over a year. I don't cook much other than vegetables as most of you know, and I usually have a hamburger on Memorial Day and Labor Day when we go out to eat. But...since nothing was allowed to happen this year, I missed 2 burgers! 😢

I'll let you know how it goes.

Another rainy day here, but it should clear later. Highs in the 50's today. Guess those 70's are gone until next year.

Have a good weekend, all! 

Bronze Conversationalist

(Stumbles in with coffee in hand and YAWNS!)

Good Morning to everyone!   A frosty 28 degrees here this morning. Brrrr!  

Jack Frost made a visit last night, and the woods are beautiful in their first, lacy coat of hard frost!  We seem to have begun rounding the corner, and are knocking on winter's door! 

Honored Social Butterfly

Morning and yes, I am surprised to be awake, 43* in my mountains.Trying to get weather- will it be Autumn or Winter when I return from PT.

Need Luwak, don’t judge it’s available, and yes I am aware of where it comes from.

Time to find smaller pants and shower , quick check in.

@RosemaryF433825 

Welcome to coffee time, it was either Luwak or Folgers, guess what won out.

Froze

Bronze Conversationalist

Thanks, Frozen!   Kind of you to welcome me on my first visit here.😀

I have no clue what Luwak is, but I'm betting it is some brand of coffee?  Hazelnut happens to be my favorite flavor of java.

Have a wonderful day, and stay warm!

Honored Social Butterfly

@RosemaryF433825 

Hi Ro, 
Not to judge it’s an old reference to the bucket list.

Freeman and Nicholson, I think for co-stars. 

Kopi luwak is a coffee that consists of partially digested coffee cherries, which have been eaten and defecated by the Asian palm civet. It is therefore also called civet coffee. The cherries are fermented as they pass through a civet's intestines, and after being defecated with other fecal matter, they are collected.

Haven’t been to store in awhile, left over from coffee blenders stockpile, and was a freebie in exchange for recovery.🤣

Awaiting new pants from dryer, the joys of maturity, I’m thinner, mooned the neighbors this AM. Could be worse at -60* last Winter darn near mooned local parson, while hiking back from general store.

Someday I really need to buy curtains, only saving grace was the film between low e Windows, can’t see in if no lights are on inside. Yeah!

Froze

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Oh, I know what that coffee is now!  I've heard of it!  The civet and the cherries. Yeah.

Mooned the neighbors did you?  Well...I suppose if you have a nice tush they appreciated that!  Hahahaha!  Funny!

Honored Social Butterfly

Good evening everyone!  Does any know how to totally delete a post in a topic? 

@Frozenoem 

@LydiaN586309 

@catwoman500 

Thanks 

Dave

Honored Social Butterfly

@DaveMcK , there isn't a way unless you request it from a mod or I just edit the post, erase it, and write something like [Deleted] or 'Nothing to see here'.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@DaveMcK 

Best guess ask MichaelP from Online refresh? 

Haven’t owned a group in a long while 5-10 years , makes that many rewrites of AARP ago.

Or perhaps Sandy at AARP, both were over at online refresh within the last few days.

Or try logging in from a laptop and you might might find administrator delete function, warning I may be confusing boards or groups.

Froze

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Good-Morning-Hello-GIF.gif

Porch Peeps!

Well, I guess I finally caught up with myself.  Yesterday morning when I posted, I really thought it was Monday.  And I didn't realize it was Tuesday until I got to work yesterday evening an noted that everything was coming up Tuesday!  lol  I guess I'm straight for today.  So...

250390-Woopee-It-s-Hump-Day-Wednesday.gif

happy Hump Day!

Also, wishing all of our vets Happy Veterans' Day today.  

veterans-day-2018-og.jpg

I've got some wood in my garage that I intend to cut up today for the fireplace.  And yep @Frozenoem, I intend to let all the wood I'm gonna be cutting up dry out for at least 6 months.  The wood I'm burning in my fireplace now was some I had cut almost a year ago. I just keep it in the garage until it's time to move it inside for use. This past weekend I burned quite a bit and it was nice.

So hope all you peepers are enjoying this fall weather.  I sure know I am.  And even though I have been enjoying the fall colors, it is so nice not to have so many leaves to have to rake up since I had those trees removed this past spring.  I have a few leaves that blow in and out from other peoples yards, but it's not like it used to be.  Yay!

So take care of you all.  And...

lets-enjoy-this-day20130110-381.jpg

Lyds

Honored Social Butterfly

69* and sunny, feel like heat wave is about to end here, time to pull out the Fall jacket and move directly into Winter parkas.

@LydiaN586309 

No worries on forgetting the day of the week, think we’ve all been doing that this year.

Great when you need a computer or smartphone to set your watch for DST, and can’t remember what buttons to push.Or levers to pull.

Nagging feeling that along with it’s being Veterans Day, it’s also Birthday of Marine Corp 245th. It’s called a quirky memory. Missed that by a day yesterday was Marines, like Navy on 13th October.

Looked through my albums and the digital ones are degrading. Films (analogs) are fine, maybe later for how I spent 2001-2003.

Froze

Honored Social Butterfly

GOOD MORNING AMERICA!

124962011_3681663631886390_657113762297020905_n.jpg124759969_5551279314897554_8423065894291130412_o (1).jpg124491254_4892591080758938_5236828636319906126_n.jpg781875-1.jpgVeterans_Day_parade_in_Baltimore,_2016.jpgMary and myselfMary and myself

Honored Social Butterfly

379986-Flag-On-Grave-Happy-Veterans-Day-Good-Morning-Quote.png

Free meals 

Link:  https://militarybenefits.info/veterans-day/

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this  warm, sunny Tuesday with a high of 59 which will no be a record temp!  Hoping everyone had a restful night's sleep. 

I went for my annual physical this morning which turned out quite well with a just couple of spots on my body witch the doctor froze. I have already received a very  favorable A1C results posted in my online MyChart account. Very interesting to have this kind of information source. 

The developer is EPIC Systems whose headquarters is about 30 miles from our Retirement Center. They have online systems for the records for about 54% of patients in the US. They employ about 10,000 people and count some of the

more prestigious medical centers on the country. Hoping everyone has a plan to deal with this new wave of Covid-19!

Again be safe, be well!

122567898_368773427791829_3865905712451171671_n.jpg120720556_3579125602140194_2264524093879472355_n.jpgFB_IMG_1603308044623.jpgFB_IMG_1526083517501.jpgFB_IMG_1540150125590.jpg 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP