Ready for your next job? Get a free resume review from AARP Resume Advisor.

Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: MORNING ROLL CALL!! NOVEMBER-DECEMBER 2018

Message 131 of 160

Brrrr! This morning it was 28 in the Philly Burbs. Glad I had located my gloves last night as I had to go grocery shopping. Used the remote start on the car so I wouldn't have to scrape the windshields. Now it's up to 44. The sun was up early and is still going strong here.

This week looks to be alternating days of rain and sun.

Playing our arch enemy, Dallas, tonight on NBC...

FLY, EAGLES, FLY! Beat the Cowboys!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 132 of 160

Good morning,  Front Porchers!

And Happy Veterans Day!

The sun is up and smiling and so am I!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 133 of 160

@LaDolceVita...ACKKK! That Durrells' birthday party was cringe-worthy! Cat Tongue N.

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 134 of 160

Morning,  Everyone!

It's been a long week for me and I am so glad it's now the weekend!  Two days to rest, relax, sleep, and replenish the storehouse (i.e. my body) before heading back into the daily swirl of the workplace.

Yesterday, I whined about the all too soon snow and the cold, cold temperatures.  And I even layered up with all of the necessary winter gear.  So by all forecasts, I was ready to go and face winter at it's most brutual.  But then something happened. Things changed. Maybe God heard my complaint because the temperature rose a bit and the snow was soon gone--melted away.  That all happened within the day.

This morning when I opened my eyes and looked towards the window, I could see the sun brightly peeking between the slats of the window blinds and I was encouraged that maybe, just maybe winter was being held at bay.  So as I arose and opened the blinds, I could see beautiful sunlight and blue skies peppered with clouds and the birds wildly feeding at my feeders.  Oh, what a "wonderful" start of the day!

At that, I began to venture down the hall and out to the kitchen.   But by the time I reached the cord on the kitchen window blind and pulled,  the bright sun had been swallowed up in a murky sea of clouds and the blue skies were now gone.  Winter fooled me...again.

But not to be daunted, there's always coffee!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 135 of 160

@Frozenoem  I was waiting for an update from you.   You did a lot of work getting that wood or you have very good friends.   Medication for the staggering? 

@catwoman500  I have watched all of season 3 of the Durrells.  Last episode a bit silly and seems to be made of fairy dust except for a few minutes of harsh reality.  And that is all I will say until you have seen it.

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 136 of 160

43* and cloudy. Mere dusting 3-8” of white stuff coming, I live on the line of 3-6 and 6-8”.

The wood is in mostly, the rest is covered.Have enough in for a week of constant burning.

Tonight brings what it brings. Chell is a work in progress but, I knew that.

My coffee roaster brought me a new darker richer surprise, I did his network and he knows what I like.

He’s still trying to break me of my nasty DD habit (his words), and into the good stuff. Rather have French Vanilla than Civet droppings.🤣

Need a stagger, trying to keep moving.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 137 of 160

I'm shivering as a few of you mention snow. That is a four letter word for sure. 44 and raining here. It's supposed to rain all day but be fine for the rest of the weekend, although not getting out of the 40's. Brrr!

Will be stuggling to bring a large bag of birthday gifts into the restaurant for a luncheon today as I can't hold an umbrella, tote a bag of gifts, and have my cane in the other hand. So a hooded jacket has to do. I may looked like a drowned rat, but I'll be there. Cat LOL

Thanks to all veterans for their service! Heart N.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 138 of 160

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch! We had about an inch of snow over night. It has melted off the patio, driveway and the roads so I'm ok with it. Hoping everyone has a great weekend! Sunday is Veterans Day so take a Vet out to eat either Sunday or Monday for a free meal. There are a lot of places in your area that offer free meals either of these two days. To all of my fellow Veterans thank you for your service and welcome home Brother's and Sisters. 

FB_IMG_1541777863967.jpgFB_IMG_1541777817867.jpg1278px-World_War_I_veteran_Joseph_Ambrose,_86,_at_the_dedication_day_parade_for_the_Vietnam_Veterans_Memorial_in_1982.jpgFB_IMG_1534553299793.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 139 of 160

First cold front of the season coming in tonight.  Freeze warning for the mountains.  Yikes!  Will I still be able to call this Camelot in the morning?  We will see, I dont mind a bit of cold.  Very wet and muddy right now.

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 140 of 160

Well, I have to report that the snow has finally arrived here.  Way too early in my mind of course.  But it's here and I'm still here, so all's good.   Snowing and 34 degrees.  Bringing out my big guns--heavy winter coat, warmest wool hat, and my thermal gloves.

Viva la winter!

Kudos
Views