Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

MORNING ROLL CALL! ! ! MAY-JUNE CLOSED

Honored Social Butterfly

MORNING ROLL CALL! ! ! MAY-JUNE CLOSED

Good Morning to the Front Porch and Welcome to May 2020 Goodbye April 2020.

Hoping everyone has a great First Day OF May 2020.

april_028.jpg330455-So-Long-April.png353817-Daisy-Welcome-May-Good-Morning.png330606-Hello-May.gif

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Honored Social Butterfly

tuesday.jpg

Good morning, Peepers!

Hope y'all  had a peaceable weekend.  I spent the bulk of it working intermittently on my garage clean out and napping.  I have made progress on the garage, but there is sooooo much yet to do.  Little by little and I will get it done.

Feeling ambitious, early yesterday I rose to mow the front and back yard and filled all of my seven bird feeders.  After that, I took a nice hot shower and a much needed early afternoon nap before heading off to work.  Feeling pooped and achy today.

Anyway, just wanted to say "hi" to everyone:

@DaveMcK, love your pics as usual.

@Frozenoem, I hope you feel better--little by little.

@DianeC570347, love your front porch, kitty pics, and your green thumb.

@catwoman500 , when you said you had to call into the dentist office from the parking lot, I immediately envisioned the dentist and the hygienist coming out to your car with their instruments on a cart and that big ol' dental chair for you.  What can I say?  That's my imagination. Smile.

@LaDolceVita, I agree with you about being happy for the new blood here on Our Front Porch and for having a place and space for "pleasant things only."  Helps  to give us all a reprieve from the news of the day.

Welcome All Newbies!    

Lastly, @n661921 (aka Nancy) you are missed on Our Porch.  It's been a while since you've been on Our Front Porch.  So I truly hope you are okay.  But if you are just taking a break for a while,  just know that you are thought of and a prayer went up for you today.  Be well, stay safe, and be healthy!

Now,  just for laffs, here are some chuckles from a couple of lame jokes:

Why does a chicken coop have 2 doors?  Because if it had 4 doors, it would be a chicken sedan.

What do you call a dinosaur with an extensive vocabulary?  A thesaurus.

What do you call an apple that falls on your head?  A  fruit punch.   POW!

laughing_smiley.gif

Y'all know that was funny!

beut.png

Lydia

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hi, Porchers!

Today was my doc appt. Short and sweet, no problems. Again, call from the car to make sure it’s OK to come in. Temp taken, hand sanitizer squirted in my hand, and right back to the exam room. Presented my doc with a bottle of wine as he is retiring at the end of the month.

Say it ain’t so…😿 Starbucks is discontinuing the Skinny Mocha! Yesterday when I arrived, my favorite barista broke the news. I stopped again today and we invented a replacement. A few more calories, unfortunately, but when I got to the window, she wanted me to taste it before I drove away to make sure it was a hit. It was! 😸

@Frozenoem …I never sign out of AARP. But sometimes I am signed out involuntarily! Hope you are feeling OK.

@DaveMcK , @mi4090 …Rain, rain, go away!

@LydiaN586309 …snorted out loud when I envisioned what you imagined at my dental appointment. 😸

Now I’m gonna change outta my “doc. appt.” clothes and dust the porch. Later I’ll bake some salmon.

That’s about it for today’s excitement!

Gimme coffee, please!Gimme coffee, please!

Honored Social Butterfly

My dentist called this morning to push back my original appointment again.  Went from March to April to June and now to July.  Mine is just a regular check-up and they explained they are trying to catch up with the more urgent cases which I can certainly understand and you don't have to twist my arm to put off a visit to the dentist. 

Most of Virginia just went into Phase 2 on Friday.  Hoping everyone is still staying vigilant and cautious.

Trusted Social Butterfly

@MsStretch ...Yes! I understand.

Since I was on the triage list, my crown replacement and now my implant consultation have taken place, but while I was there yesterday I asked about my missed cleaning and exam in early May. I was able to reschedule it....FOR SEPTEMBER 1ST!!!!! Holy cow.

It seems they are having trouble getting all the copious amounts of PPE they need for all their staff to fully open up again. They must need so much stuff. When I had the consultation with the periodontist yesterday and saw how both he and the assistant took off the (heavy) smock things that they had on and just threw them away, I was really amazed. I mean these were not some flimsy paper things. They almost looked like denim! Plus their masks and gloves and the foam rimmed glasses they gave me were all tossed. I had to rinse with mouthwash before the dentist looked in my mouth, too. No wonder I had to pay an $11 PPE fee both times. My extraction for the implant is scheduled for the 29th. I guess I'll have to pay another $11.

I'm glad that they are being cautious. Now is not the time to relax anything concerning medical or dental.

Stay safe, all!

Honored Social Butterfly

Good afternoon to everyone on the Front Porch on this Monday in June 2020!

Nice warm sunny day topping out at 91* before we get hit tomorrow afternoon by the remnants of Tropical Storm Cristobal. It could dump 3 or more inches of rain here. 

96012969_1240526206291963_7501610503626555392_n.jpg351465-New-Monday-New-Week-New-Goals.jpgFB_IMG_1550416929512.jpg

Regular Social Butterfly

From Sunny Pa.From Sunny Pa.

Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Periodic Contributor

Good morning! Another sunny and crisp morning..

All of my peppers and tomatoes have now set fruit. I just love incorporating food with plants and flowers on my balcony! Yummy, and pretty. The cats are sleeping inside waiting for the warmer part of the day. No a.m. coffee break for them!

20200607_093847.jpg

20200607_094452.jpg

20200607_094538.jpg

Diane, the Plant Whisperer
Honored Social Butterfly

Good afternoon to everyone on the Front Porch on this Saturday in June 2020. Great weekend out look weather wise. 

As for email notifications I gave up on them several years ago as it seemed I spent to much time checking my email. I fined it much easier to check my AARP account once or twice a day.  I do not sign out so it is very easy to check in that way. I turned off the email notifications from AARP in my settings. 

Hoping everyone is doing well and staying safe!

Now that we are having warmer weather I have 4 hints about Summer coffee breaks!

1. "Happiness is a cup of iced coffee and lots of sunshine."

2. "Another day, another cup of iced coffee."

3. "Today's forecast: 100% chance of snuggling and iced coffee."

4. "For the love of iced coffee."

102958625-cold-brewed-coffee-ads-on-hot-summer-beach-scene-in-3d-illustration.jpggettyimages-1144838255-2048x2048.jpg

Regular Social Butterfly

Good Morning cups.jpg

Periodic Contributor

Not morning any longer but sat on the balcony drinking coffee and sitting in the sun with my furry buddies. All of the tomatoes and various peppers have set fruit. Yay! Warm but not bad today in Madison. Kind of a perfect day. Have a great weekend, all!67373197_2308401489477017_8192109702859980800_n.jpg20200512_143310.jpg

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hi, again, everybody,

Looks like I got my notifications back!

@DianeC570347 ...welcome! Who are your cute little furballs?

Big Brother must be watching...I gotz my notifications back!Big Brother must be watching...I gotz my notifications back!

Periodic Contributor

the tuxedo cat is Donnie the Tank

the herringbone tabby is Fruit Loops

Who are your furballs?

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

@DianeC570347, I see Fruit Loops likes to hang out in the plants. 😸 Sort of like these 2 furballs.

Mom and her son just chillin'Mom and her son just chillin'

Gray one is Georgio and the tabby is his mom, Willie Mae.  She showed up with a couple of kittens in tow under the deck 4 years ago.  And they're still here.  Stellar, the other brother, is around somewhere.  All have been TNR'd and they are very spoiled (semi) feral furballs.

There is another orphan boy, Armani, who showed up about 2 years ago who I TNR'd also.

(Oh, BTW, the binky in the planter has since been removed.  The picture was taken a few weeks ago.  I told you they were spoiled. 😄)

Recognized Social Butterfly

@MsStretch   Cute picture of your guys.  I thought the site was down as I didnt get notifications and could not acccess site from Firefox.  Still cannot.

@DianeC570347 What a nice complex functional porch you have.  

Wow, new posters here, welcome. In these turbulent times it is nice to just hang out and think of pleasant things only, at least for a little while.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Good Morning, Porch Peeps!

We are enjoying a lovely day with sun and low humidity. Yes, the steam bath is over for now. It was 63 when I woke up and now it’s 72, going to a high of maybe 77.

@DianeC570347 …I do not have any kitties living with me right now. My old pal Licorice passed away several years ago at the age of 17. I love the names of yours. MS Stretch is the “cat whisperer” around the Porch! @MsStretch …Loving that photo!

@Frozenoem …Thanks, but I’m now getting my notices from AARP.

Grocery shopping this AM as usual. Still no wipes or sprays available, but we moved to the next phase in re-opening on Friday. Our state has red, yellow, and green phases. We are now in the yellow phase meaning restaurants that can provide outdoor seating may open, other stores may open with limited inside service, but curbside is still preferable, and still no barber shops, salons, gyms, health clubs, etc.

I have a dental appointment tomorrow since they had a power outage the day of my scheduled appointment last week, and then a doctor appointment Tuesday. I know the routine for the dentist…call when I get to the parking lot, but no specific rules were given by the doc’s office when they called to confirm…it was just a recorded message. Should be interesting to see how they will handle this.

Everyone have an enjoyable day! I'm headed for more coffee!

Just one or two more winks and I'll grab that coffee.Just one or two more winks and I'll grab that coffee.

Honored Social Butterfly

Cloudy 60* today I escaped to an in place rally with my ex and a few friends🤣😷

Just in case padding and raincoat, cellphone, external battery and apps.

@catwoman500 

Noticed your post after I wrote mine, then I lost signal .

@DaveMcK 

And I seem to agree on never signing out from browser and shortcuts to AARP forums. It’s just easier for here.

Other sites I sign out of  but, I have password managers for them.😷

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Honored Social Butterfly

Morning 65* with breeze and no humidity. 

My first excursion to the real world last night, we required it😷.

Was feeling 🤷‍♂️ by reports from Providence FD and elsewhere, to many similarities.

Feeling better today hope that lasts.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello Front Porch

Hope everyone is staying safe😊

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Screenshot_2020-06-04-15-35-54.png

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Good Morning to everyone on our Front Porch on this Thursday June, 2020. 

We missed the worst of the strong storms that hit the upper Midwest earlier this week. It will be 85 and partly sunny today with rain later tonight.

370928-Open-Rose-Happy-Thursday-Good-Morning.pngfunny-beagle_working_from_home.jpgFB_IMG_1548811550012.jpg84359393_2808815779213023_7964773806822653952_n.jpg 

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hi, Everyone,

Haven't been getting notices that people were posting so decided to check. Guess you have and I wasn't informed.

Anyway, I did try to take photos of the wee baby mantises. If the photos post, you'll have to look really closely.

He's on the middle leaf near the white siding.He's on the middle leaf near the white siding.

Crawing up to next leaf.Crawing up to next leaf.

I really had to enlarge the photos even though I got in close.

Honored Social Butterfly

@catwoman500, funny about no notices from people posting.  Just checked my Junk box and found over 100 messages from AARP Community!  I know the community has been undergoing some recent changes, but don't know if they changed something in their auto-generated mail to trigger my SPAM alert or not.  I also thought that the notices were rather sparse these days.  🤔

Those babies are little cuties.  I saw them.

Regular Social Butterfly

Good Morninggoodmorn. mouse.gif to All

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello Front Porch

Hope everyone is well😊

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Screenshot_2020-06-03-12-10-15.png

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello Front Porch,

Have a Blessed & Safe Day

Marylin

Screenshot_2020-06-02-09-58-11.png

Honored Social Butterfly

Good Morning to everyone on our Front Porch on this Tuesday June, 2020. We have a sunny morning to start with and changing over to strong storms tonight. 

Given what has happened in this country over the past days I do not find the words to share today. Be safe and be well.

101512827_10222173903836358_78707328693567488_o.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

@catwoman500   

By any name, these fascinating insects are formidable predators. They have triangular heads poised on a long "neck," or elongated thorax. Mantids can turn their heads 180 degrees to scan their surroundings with two large compound eyes and three other simple eyes located between them.

Typically green or brown and well camouflaged on the plants among which they live, mantis lie in ambush or patiently stalk their quarry. They use their front legs to snare their prey with reflexes so quick that they are difficult to see with the naked eye. Their legs are further equipped with spikes for snaring prey and pinning it in place.

praying-matis-sac-400x300.jpg6kozTYDwRrGIZu5AXfpp_mantis_egg_case_72.jpg6a00d8341c630a53ef0133f0608b4e970b-500wi.jpgkeeping-praying-mantis-as-pets-1024x617.jpg

Regular Social Butterfly

Good Morning to All Hoping Everyone  is Staying Safegood morning birds.gif

Trusted Social Butterfly

Happy June, Porch Peeps,

Started out pretty chilly today at 55, but it’s another gorgeous day. We should reach 70 later. Temps are very conducive to getting some work done. I’m working on getting the front porch ready bit by bit. Today I will lug the huge table cover out back and rinse it down.

@Frozenoem ...Thanks for the computer info, but reaching the outlet that the computer is plugged into is beyond my capabilities, so no unplugging going on here. 😸

@DaveMcK ...Thanks for the input on the implant.

Everyone enjoy your day safely.

Peace!

Relax!Relax!

Honored Social Butterfly

Greetings Front Porchers!

308809-Good-Morning-Happy-First-Day-Of-June-Olaf-Quote.gif

Olaf said it all for me.  Be well, be safe, and stay healthy.

Lyds

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hey, guys...

Do any of you remember when I asked about the pod like things that were in my barberry bushes? Not sure if I was able to post photos at that time, but I was asking if they might be praying mantis cocoons. Some of you agreed, and I was just outside to put some trash in the can, and there are a bazillion wee little hair thin mantises all over So cute!

They are so small they wouldn't even show up if I took a photo!

Not sure if they are wearing masks or social distancing. I'll have to check later. 😸

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Breakout® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP